(Handy Dandy Quick-Date Reference)
Signups November 26th - December 4th
Participants should get the name of your gift receiver on December 5th
Participants should have their gift finished by January 7th
*Extensions will be allowed on a case by case basis
Hey everyone! The yearly tradition is upon us, so lets get into it!
What is a Secret Sunmother?
It is a gift exchange between those who sign up, but with a surprise element of you do not know who your sunpartner is until they give you their gift and the person you are giving a gift to will not know it is you gifting them until you do your part. It is essentially a fun way to share some holiday goodwill with other members of the community in honor of the Sun Mother, Hylcinth.
This is an event that is open to all talent levels, so experienced artists and fledgling creators alike are welcome to enter. The purpose of this event is to focus on giving and having fun, all we ask of people is that they do their honest best. If you are considering entering but are concerned about the quality of the gift you are going to receive, this event may not be the one for you.
This is an all ages event, so we ask that people keep their submissions to general audience ratings.
Signup-Form! (If you feel more comfortable noting us your form versus posting it publicly, please feel free to do so!)
Site of Preference: DevArt/FurA
Medium(s) of Choice: Drawing/Writing/Craft (You can select more than one, but if you have an idea of what you plan to do, it’s likely best to select the medium you intend to use for this event)
Are you ok with getting written works: Y/N (Basically would you be alright getting poetry or a short story written for you)
Are you ok with getting crafts: Y/N (Things like little sculpies or friendship bracelets. PLEASE NOTE: there is no requirement for these items to be actually shipped to anyone. If you get a craft and you/your sunpartner want to work out a way to physically send it, that is up to the both of you. For the purpose of this event, a photo of the craft will suffice.)
Stardragon: (The name of your Stardragon and links to References. If you wish you can include more than one character to let the person select from since some people like options. Please try to make sure references are up to date and clear since your sunpartner cannot ask you questions. In the event you are open for writing submissions, if your references can include backstory details about said stardragon or a bio to give them more insight to the character that would be appreciated. Basically the more you give your sunpartner, the more they will be able to better make a gift for you)
Would you be alright with being a back-up Sunpartner: (In the event someone ends up unable to finish their submission, do you feel up for taking on a second sunpartner job basically)
- Do I need to be a member of the group to enter: For this event you do not need to be watching the Gem-Exchange to enter.
- Do I need a stardragon to enter: Yes. Since the nature of the gifts are meant to be art or stories or crafts inspired by your stardragon, it would be rather hard to do that if you do not have any.
- I am not an artist, may I hire someone else to draw the gift for my person: While we do greatly appreciate the thought, there is just too many complications with outsourcing to a third party. We have made exceptions in the past like in the instances someone finds themselves incapable of being able to submit an entry of their own. But we ask that for those signing up, to go in with the mindset that they are going to be the ones doing the work.
- I signed up but then life threw me some lemons…: We realize that everyone is human. That this time of year can get pretty hectic. And that all the best laid plans can go off the wall. If you feel you are getting into a situation where you are going to need an extension or more time, please please please just contact us and let us know. We are more than fine with giving people an extra week or two as long as we know. Versus the deadline showing up and us having to track the person down to ask what happened.
- I signed up but then life threw me some MAJOR lemons…: Like above, we realize that life can be really rough. All we ask is that you let us know so we can plan accordingly. If things get to a point where you feel unable to finish your part, we can work something out. We are not going to get mad for life throwing a curveball at Christmas. But it will make things easier for everyone if we can be told as soon as possible.
- When is the deadline: We’d love for folks to have their submissions done and completed by January 7th. (NOTE: EXTENSIONS GIVEN in the event needed)
- I finished mine two days after I got my person, can I send it to them: By all means yes! You don’t have to wait till Christmas Eve to deliver your gift. Just be sure to also let us know so we can cross-promo it on the group and mark you off the list!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in the comments or note us and we’ll do our best to answer them!
Thank you everyone for reading and to any who sign up. We love seeing the creativity and talent folks have, and look forward to seeing what everyone does.