I've already been told many times that her weapon is basically Bayonetta's weapon. I have not played Bayonetta. Bayonetta wasn't even on my mind when I designed Mel. It's coincidence, and Mel's fighting style is very different from hers. That is all.
Name: Melanie Caidya (kayd-yuh)
Nickname: Mel, though Locke likes to call her Melonhead
Race: Faunus (reptilian subrace)
Weight: 167 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Partner: Locke Vosser
Weapon: Bakunawa’s Fangs
- Mel’s weapons fold out from her ankle bands to surround her feet
-Melanie can drain the Aura of others through physical contact, increasing the strength of her own Aura
- Unfortunately, this Semblance doesn’t work on Grimm, due to the Grimm having no Aura
- Melanie is extremely fun-loving, outgoing, and people-oriented. She is also extremely lazy. If it weren’t for Hilda, she would probably be failing her classes, or never going to them, because she would be sleeping all day. However, she is incredibly supportive toward people. She does her best to make everyone feel important and included.
- Melanie is the type of person who plays everything by ear and believes life is too short not to have the most fun possible.
-Melanie’s style revolves around kicks, though she occasionally incorporates tail strikes into her attacks as well. She fights aggressively, charging the opponent at high speeds and delivering powerful blows with every move. Though she may not look it, Melanie is incredibly graceful, and her bulky tail actually aids her balance when performing high-dexterity moves.
-Defensively-speaking, Melanie relies mostly on dodges. Because she has no means of guarding, aside from possibly parrying attacks with her weapons, she uses her nimbleness to weave around enemy attacks and converts the momentum of her dodging back into opportunities for offense. She can also use the momentum of the gunfire from her weapons to distance herself from foes or propel into other attacks.
-In battle, Melanie uses her Semblance quite sparingly. Her main use for it comes in team battles when she has an ally or two supporting her. When Team HELM fights together, their strategy often revolves around Mel providing heavy offense with the others conserving their energy. Mel replenishes her Aura by borrowing her teammate’s power and jumps right back into the fray.
- In 1v1 situations, she will occasionally drain some Aura when she gets close enough to the foe, but again, she doesn’t resort to this often, since an attack is usually more beneficial than her Semblance in close-range situations.
Just like the actual characters from RWBY, all of the characters on Team HELM are based on fictional or mythological figures. Feel free to guess their inspirations!
( Hint: They are all based on villains/antagonistic figures.)
Can't wait to see your team!! I'll be watching for them