Trying to add an impasto effect to "One last inch of". This version is a bit more saturated than the original (painted with Krita) but that's not unokay (if that were a word). Not exactly an impasto piece in the strictest sense but still it has more consistance, more presence, which is a progress in itself, i guess.
Filtering steps (in Gimp):
- Flatten image
- Duplicate layer
- Set top color (medium beige)
- Apply Emboss/Bumpmap to bottom layer
- Set top layer mode to Grain merge
- Set top layer opacity to ~85%
- Adjust top layer saturation/contrast/lightness
The fact that brush strokes were initially very present was a facilitating factor, I suppose. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this (process and result).
Original version: gdodinet.deviantart.com/art/On…