Please, help us to get my Dad a proper burial!
Please help us to give my Dad a simple, dignified funeral.
Over the last week so many amazing people here on dA offered their help, advise and even money to help us - I´m speechless and ovewhelmed by kindness
Still the situation is grim, and so I followed the dear seralune
s idea to open a fundraiser on gofundme.com. Last month it helped another dear friends family, and I hope it can help us too.GOFUNDME.com Donation-Pool:
About the issue:
On 10th March 2016, about two weeks ago I got a latenight call - My father passed away... I still cannot gather myself and I cannot believe I´ll never see him again, speak to him again...
So yeah, I´m...completely run over... For a week now I´m just switching from crying and sobbing to frenetic working... Because the greatest thing is yet to come -
Me/my boyfriend and his girlfriend are the only people who care and so we are stuck on the complete costs for burial and rites... My Mom is divorced and has no money to give at all and both me and his girlfriend are artists = we have nothing.
February was a financial catastrophe and now I´m facing a 3000€ bill
for his ceremonies...
His family seems not to care at all and I´ve no power left for a fight over laws with them, I´m completely overstrained with paragraphs, financial sh*t and I just do not know what to do... You did not know him, so here some things I want to share:
- My father taught me how to draw when I was a small child. He always encouraged me in my art and he was a great, yet private artist himself.
- He loved Mike Oldfield, Enya, Iron Maiden, The Prodigy, Rammstein, Boston and Nightwish
- My Dad was proud soldier of the Bundeswehr, decorated with the "Schützenschnur", Rank Gold
- He worked as paramedic in the emergency amulance for many years, he encouraged me to join the Red Cross.
- He was a biker since I can remember - the first ride I had with 3 years of age when I first could wear a helmet. He always took me with him on his motorcycle until his back injuries went to bad.
- We went on three WOA - Wacken Open Airs together (2007,2008,2009) - it was glorious! If you want to have fun, go on a metal festival with your Dad. Its like camping, only louder. And better.
- We played "Diablo" together when I was 7 years old. We continued playing videogames together and in the later times often just talked about games.
He was a big fan of Diablo, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, BioShock, Borderlands, Gothic and Baldurs Gate.
- My father was nigh indestructable. Really. He died now the 7th time, if I count right. Its just the only time they could not pull him back...
He survived: A broken neck, 4 heart failures, 1 lung failure, 1 infestation with a necropahage bacteria.
I still cannot gasp this time...He was sick so long, but always pulled through, always recovered...This time it was his time...
My Dad had his issues and bad sides, but he was always honest about himself and he was always a great father, even when we had such rare contact at last...
All I can do is asking for help and it makes me cry that I have to ask, but theres no other way...
Please, help us to get my Dad a proper burial!
I worked like crazy to restock some items and I´ll try my best to finish made-to-order items as soon as possibleGOFUNDME.com Donation-Pool:
My Etsy-shop -> www.etsy.com/de/shop/MiraCraft…
My boyfriends Etsy-shop - gorgeous gemstones & fossiles -> www.etsy.com/de/shop/IlumireGe…
If you are interested in purchasing ORIGINAL artworks please send me a message!!! I take reasonable offers!
Also I offer a BRANDNEW gorgeous Wedding Gown from the designer Eddy K.
- I bought it after my fiance proposed (hoping I´d fit into it in a few years...) but now the funeral is more important.
Size S / 34(european) / 6(UK)/7(Japan) ; Original Price over 1600$
Original Eddy K. Collection 2008, never worn before!!! I take reasonable offers, Minimum Bid 700$ - Please note me with your offer!
I may offer it on ebay too, I´ll update this journal in case of an ebay-auction.
Every $ raised through our Etsy-shops, gofundme.com & PayPal will be used for his ceremonies - Each and every Cent will help more than you could imagine!!!!
I don´t know if I like the thought to accept donations, its already very very hard for me to come out to you with this.... But theres no denial, we are all desperate and completely lost.. Last month I was able to donate myself, now I do not know how to survive this...
If some angel out there wants to make a donation:
My PayPal-adress: email@example.com
I´ll be forever thankfull for everything... I don´t know what to say, I was never good at asking for something... You are all true angelsThank you all for reading