Hello and welcome! Thank you for visiting Game-Art; we hope you enjoy your stay. Anyone is welcome to join-requests are automatic! However, when submitting, there are strict guidelines that need to be followed, or your submission will be rejected.
The rules are as follows:
1. No fanart. THIS MEANS NONE. No D&D character concepts, commissions, and things of that nature. If you aren't the copyright holder, or were not commissioned by the company to make it, then we don't accept it!
This group is for indie game development, not for posting fanart of any world, not matter how beautiful the art is.
THIS. RULE. APPLIES. TO. TAGS. Please don't tag your submission with other games. This makes it harder for us to differentiate indie dev work from fanart. Thanks!
2. All artwork must be game art related. If it's not, we don't accept it.
3. You can submit anything from music, literature, 3D and 2D art. So long as it's indie dev related, you should be alright.
4. You can advertise for kickstarter, hiring, or game jams. You may not promote your personal YT or Twitch channels.
5. All work must be appropriately named. If it's for a particular project, you must state the name of the project. If you don't have a name, please state you are working on a personal game project. If it's not for a current or past project, we do accept portfolio work, critiques, assets for sale, and for free. (Tutorials/anything helpful is applicable.)
Portfolio - Any type of professional work. You must state why this is game art, or how it is game art. Unrelated pieces not relevant to gaming will be declined. You must state that it is for your portfolio.
Critiques - any WIP pieces you want critiquing on. Again, these must be game-related.
Free, or for sale: We accept assets you have made for games, for free or for sale. Base adopts are not allowed, and any designs must come with a commercial license. Character designs may be sold, so long as they are designed to be purchasable assets for indie devs.
In large, we do not accept adoptables. However, we DO allow for characters, weapons, and game-related art made for INDIE STUDIOS, and are not related to any particular ARPG. These are our "adopt" conditions:
1. You must give full rights. YOU MUST HAVE THIS STATED IN THE SUBMISSION.
2. You must state that it is for games or have a game art tag. Again, we are NOT an adoptable group.
3. It must not be on a base.
4. No closed species, etc.
IF YOU ARE AN ARPG SPECIES OWNER, YES, you may submit your world designs/concepts, but not adoptables themselves. However, once again, we do not accept adopts, and you need to actually prove to us how this could be used for a game. Don't just submit generic concepts--that's not what this group is for.
Promotional - You may submit promotional materials, such as journals, etc. You must be involved in the project in some way to promote the project.
Demos and Full Releases - you can, of course, make announcements via deviation or journal for demos and full releases of your games!
Commissions - Yes, you may advertise you are taking commissions for GAME ASSETS ONLY. Please make sure that this is clear in the description of your deviation!
6. Mods are on a case-by-case basis. You must have done all of the work, including the models, for it to be accepted.
7. While we accept most kinds of art, we do have a quality standard. Images must not be blurry, out of focus, difficult to look at, etc. Submit only your best work.
Please note that I am currently manually sorting submissions due to a) my medical conditions, and b), folders being full. Thanks for understanding!
IF YOUR DEVIATION IS NOT ACCEPTED, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES BEFORE RESUBMITTING.
IF YOUR DEVIATION SUBMISSIONS EXPIRES FOR SOME REASON, AND IT'S STILL UP TO STANDARD, WE WILL SEND YOU A REQUEST. A lot of us are full-time developers, so, sometimes, we aren't able to get everyone voting at the same time. The group is NOT dead!
Please also note DA has been experiencing bugs with the submission system for a while. Sometimes, things expire almost instantly. Again, we will try to do what we can to make sure your submission is added to the group, so long as it follows all the rules. If you are confused about anything, please feel free to ask questions.