2. Where are you from? What is it like where you live?
indiana. it's really boring and flat and the weather is very moody. and we have corn
3. How old are you?
4. Are you a boy or a girl?
neither? both? who knows (i'm non-binary)
5. Do you like boys, girls, or both?
6. Describe yourself in four words.
dumb, anxious, quiet, melodramatic
7. What do you think people first think when they meet you online?
i have no idea
8. What do you think people first think when they meet you in real life?
9. What makes you happy?
my birds, animals in general
10. What really grinds your gears?
conservatives (also people typing when i'm typing on those apps that show when you're typing)
11. What is a big deal to most people but not a big deal to you?
i don't really know
12. What is a big deal to you but not a big deal to most people?
criminal justice i guess
idk for sure tho i know there are some people who still give a shit about prisoners after they're locked away (which is what i'm talking about -- like, people should care about it)
13. What confuses you?
pretty much everything that is human-related, and mathematics
14. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
15. Do you draw? (Post 3 of your favorite drawings!)
just some recent ones ig
16. What do you like to do in your spare time?
draw, write, play video games, go outside
17. What is your specialty?
idk that i have one?
18. Do you have any fears?
driving, drowning, house fires/gas leaks
19. Do you have a fursona?
yeah! a lion and a deer!
20. What is your spirit animal?
most likely a deer
21. Where is your favorite place to be?
22. What is your favorite type of weather?
i like 70-75 degree weather with sun and partly cloudy sky, or soft rain
23. What is your favorite song?
"revenge party" from the mean girls musical lmao
24. What is the funniest thing you've ever seen on the internet?
jesus christ idek
25. What is your favorite website?
i spend the most time on twitter probably
26. Pick up the nearest book you can reach and flip to a random page. What is the first sentence in the second paragraph?
too lazy to get up and get an actual book so it's my sketchbook with an attempt at a human
27. Do you like PC or Mac (or Linux)?
28. Do you like Android or iOS (or Windows Phone OS)?
29. What's your favorite possession?
do my birds count as a possession?
30. What is your favorite type of cookie?
just a regular chocolate chip probably
31. What is your favorite beverage?
32. What is your favorite game?
the elder scrolls or dragon age something
also assassin's creed origins
33. Tell us a funny childhood story.
the first and only black eye i've ever had was given to me... by myself.
i was tubing in the lake and we hit a wave too hard and my knee came up and slammed right into my eye
funny but in hindsight it would've been suPER bad if i knocked myself out
34. Do you have a pet?
my family has a lot of pets altogether so i'll just say the ones i'm responsible for
i have a bearded dragon named leon, a goldfish named chip, and then of course my beloved cockatiels peach and picasso <3
35. Who is your favorite artist? (Links?)
don't have one
36. Have you ever stolen anything?
don't think so
37. Has anyone ever stolen something from you?
38. What is your favorite cartoon/video game character?
39. What inspires you?
too much to list, i take inspiration from pretty much all media i consume
40. Are you in a relationship?
41. Do you have any crushes?
i guess you could call it that LMAO, nothing i can do about it tho
42. Do you have an ex?
43. Are you a virgin?
44. What attracts you?
a patient and understanding personality lmao my standards ain't high
45. Do you move fast in relationships, or slow?
i have to take things slowly
46. Do you think you are on the right path in life?
no clue and it's kinda terrifying
47. What is the meaning of life?
there isn't one
48. What is stressing you out right now?
i've gotta go to the dentist by myself again tomorrow to get a cavity filled lmao
49. What calms you down?
50. A train leaves the station heading west at 34 MPH, and another train leaves a station heading east at 25 MPH. a car heads north towards the train tracks at 65 MPH, and a man is walking southeast at 1 MPH while holding a glass of chocolate milk, which is spoiling at a rate of 10,000 bacteria reproductions per minute. A bird flies by going southeast at 25 MPH and poops at a 15 degree angle with a force of 5 MPH. A gust of wind approaches from the west blowing at 286 MPH and a giant watermelon explodes from the northeast with the force of 15 tons of TNT, casting large sections of delicious fruity goodness several thousand feet. Given all of this information, calculate the probability that pigs will mutate and gain not only wings but the ability to think intelligently and the chance that they will plot to hunt me down and eat my sandwich.
i'll be honest with you i didn't even read this so
51. What are you wearing right now?
black and white striped shirt with shorts
52. What is your favorite thing to wear?
idk i have this rose shirt that's super comfy
53. On a scale of 1-10, how creepy are you?
1? 2 at most?
54. Are you a pervert?
55. Have you traveled? Where is the nicest place you have gone?
yeah we've traveled a lot, I can't really rank them properly tho because I am more attached to some places than others. like my favorite places i've been are oregon and wales. i also enjoyed france and germany but it was kinda stressful
56. Are you feeling it Mr. Krabs?
57. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
cleaning my room
58. How often are you on the computer?
59. How often are you on DeviantART?
60. What's something you just naturally know how to do?
whistle? i guess?
61. What superpower would you want to have?
i'd want to teleport
62. If you got 10 million dollars, what would you do with it?
buy myself a place and be financially stable for a long ass time
... or maybe travel
63. What is your favorite emote?
the thinking emoji
64. What are you addicted to?
65. What is something you can't wait for?
going on vacay in michigan and getting my tattoos
66. What is your favorite quote?
"worrying means you suffer twice" which is ironic because i have anxiety
67. How do you wish you were different?
i wish. to god. that i was not mentally ill. holy fuck i'd give anything to not have anxiety
68. Do you believe in aliens?
don't do that
70. Do you want to get married?
71. Do you want to have children?
72. What is the best thing?
73. What is the worst thing?
74. Tell us a fun fact about anything.
female ducks have fake "decoy" vaginas. found it only fitting to give a bird fact
75. What would be the best day ever for you?
going to africa or south america and just. look at all the wild animals
76. Do you like roller coasters?
77. Are you religious?
78. Are you in college? (What are you studying?)
79. Do you have a job? (What do you do?)
not yet but i should have something coming
80. What do you wish you had?
a functioning brain
81. What is one thing you wish everyone in the world could agree on?
every human is worthy of the same respect until they do something to lose that (and skin color, gender, sexuality, etc. is not a factor that should determine loss of respect)
82. If you turned into an animal, what animal do you think it would be?
83. What kind of phone do you have?
84. What is your favorite thing to look at?
the night sky
85. What is your favorite thing to smell?
86. What is your favorite thing to hear?
87. What is your favorite thing to taste?
anything sweet. vanilla ice cream maybe
88. What is your favorite thing to feel?
89. Do you believe in ghosts?
90. Do you like hugs, or are you no-touch?
i'm really weird about physical touch
91. What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?
92. What do you miss?
having nothing to worry about
93. What do you wish you were better at?
banishing my own anxiety
94. What do you think about a lot?
95. Do you have any allergies?
i'm deathly allergic to honeybees, i'm more mildly allergic to most bug venoms (more so than the average person)
96. What is your favorite flash based game? (Link?)
i don't really play any
97. What is your favorite little kid show?
98. What is the best joke you know?
i don't knooowww
99. What makes you different than everyone else?
the fact that i am an individual person?
100. Was this quiz worth it?
got really bored towards the end but sure!
just tell me who you are please! cause i'll be blocking randos
snapchat is jae.burd
discord is Jae #4965
I really want to binge the Narnia movies right now lmaO
I have the DVDs somewhere but I really have no clue where I just want to watch them right now and I'm really paranoid about malware and viruses on streaming sites
1. What's your full name?
2. How old are you?
17 but I'll be 18 in two months
3. Do you have any different blood in you?
i... what does this mean. are... what.
5. Do u like vampires?
i am one
6. What the worst anime you have watched?
oh god hetalia
7. When were you born?
8. What is your favorite legendary dog ? (entei, raikou, suicune)
9. What is your favorite anime (s)?
soul eater i guess
10. What colour do u hate?
none they're all good
11. Do u have a dirty mind?
12. Have you ever done something dirty?
not like, in person
13. Have you every done dirty stuff over webcam?
14. Have you ever drunk blood that wasn't yours?
no. also why are these questions so weird
15. Have you ever daydreamed about someone recently?
every hour of every day
16. What is your favorite animal?
17. Have you ever had sex before?
18. If you could have a super power what would it be and why?
19. Have you ever love someone you love and care about?
20. Have you ever fantasized about someone recently?
isn't this the same question as 15?
21. Would you kiss someone of the same sex as you?
ya i'm gay
22. What are you wearing right now?
giant oversized black t-shirt that says "chicks chicks chicks" and jean shorts
23. Do you have any piercing?
ears and nostril
24. Do you want a tattoo & if so what of ?
YES and I want many. I'll probably get some soon but idk what I'm getting first
25. Why did you join Deviantart?
I originally joined like eight years ago to post warriors fanfiction gsfjghdjfg
26. What is your favorite studio ghibli movie?
27. What is your favorite food?
28. What is your favorite drink?
kombucha, iced coffee, water
29. Do you love or have a crush on someone?
30. Would you love to be a kid and never get old?
no. I mean adult responsibilities are absolutely mortifying but I want to die someday and I want freedom in the meantime
31. Do you have skype or a email address?
literally everyone has an email address. I have like five lmao
32. Do you love the night sky?
YES I cried abt it one time
33. Do you love to walk along a beach or lake?
lake, but beach is good too
34. What type of milk do you like ? (eg skimmed, semi-skimmed, whole, soya, goat's)
I don't drink milk really, but almond milk is the only one I'll drink
35. Where would you love to live?
36. Where do you wish u was right now?
37. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
38. If you won the lottery what would you do?
pay off student loans
39. Whats your favorite TV show?
game of thrones
41. What is your idea of a perfect date?
just hanging and chilling together, idk anywhere
42. Name something your ashamed of doing?
I'm ashamed of 2014-2015 me almost to the point of blocking it out of my mind completely. I hate thinking about it lmao I wish it never happened, none of it
43. What is your favorite type of pizza?
44. What is your clic? (eg goth, emo, jock, mosher,)
I'm not really. in cliques
45. What is your favorite weather?
70-80 degrees with a light breeze or light rain
46. Do you have any real brothers/sisters?
two older brothers
47. Have you met someone famous?
48. What is your worst lesson at school?
49. If the person you love came to you and got down on one knee and asked you to marry them what would u do?
marriage isn't really that important and I'm too young for it right now but I'd say yes like, if I was ready. financially and emotionally and everything whatnot
50. What would you do if this was your last day on earth?
chill, probably get drunk and play video games until it was Over
🌿 ethnicity: white
🌿 religion: none (I practice witchcraft though! also I revere the planets/stars and nature itself but it's not a religious thing at all)
🌿 birthday: september 19th
🌿 zodiac sign: virgo
🌈 gender: nb
🌈 sexual orientation: bi?? I'm figuring this one out... I consider myself homoflexible, so bi for now I guess. I'm also polyamorous!
🌿 height: 5’1"
🌿 foot size: idk. smal
🌿 favorite animal: lion
🌿 favorite food: fruits!!!
🌿 favorite fruit: lol all of them!!! I guess probably peaches!
🌿 favorite drink: I like kombucha and iced coffee
🌲favorite brand of cigarettes: I don't smoke
🌿 favorite color: red! or grey! or maybe beige, I like lots of neutral/earthy/brown colors 'v'
🌿 favorite band: imagine dragons is probably my ultimate fave, but I like a lot ;;; I have a list on my in-depth interests fffs
🌿 favorite movie: the lion king
🌿 favorite video game: every elder scrolls game (skyrim's the one I play the most tho) and also dragon age: origins
🌿 influence: what does this mean?? like biggest influence artistic-wise? I'm very inspired with my characters and writing by the music I listen to, and musical theater
🌿 motto: hakuna matata?
I have a ton of pretty lions, decor, SB, GB, applicators.... and I have two accounts. they're Hero of Ferelden (#42421) and Pebble (#29935)
if you have an account and are interested in doing trades for art/designs or possibly even free stuff... hmu
I'll probably give a lot of free stuff too :0
(I'm not looking to trade for in-game things since I'm not planning to be on as often anymore)
(also if you're exploring your gender, you're not transtrending. transtrending doesn't exist. just take your time finding yourself and don't let people bother you about it. all you're doing is searching for yourself and there's nothing wrong with that. even if you decide you're cis, there's nothing wrong in that.)
they're free since they're not technically real lmao, it's just for fun!
also i know i've done a journal like this before but this one is a lil different
i'm only gonna do big cats & deer so no canines or anything cause interspecies complicates things
so if your sona is not either of those just send me another of your characters haha
also i will only do these in my free time so it may be a while before it gets done
anyway here they are : D
also i'ma do zeke too since he's a stud and he needs more fake babies i guess
(specify which big cats ya want cubs with. or both if you want them with both!)
so send me your big cat & deer characters and i'll do some things B)
also gender doesn't matter
(Also, this is NOT an April Fool's joke. I only realized after I posted it that it could be misconstrued. I'm 100% not joking in any part of this journal.)
So, two weeks ago, I got really sick. What I had is kinda personal but it was a viral infection and I was often hopped up on meds, but still the pain was too great that I couldn't eat. I didn't eat solid food for a whole week because of lesions in my mouth and throat and on my gums. I also had really high fevers that made me delirious and I missed most of school that week. I lost a lot of weight and a lot of strength, but it did eventually pass and I have been able to eat for a few days now. My gums are actually still sore and healing, but they will soon be fully healed.
As you already know, I started work in fast food service. So far I've only been working the grill. I can safely say that I hate it, lmao. I'm looking for a new job already. Until then I'm probably stuck with it, but I do need better hours because I need more sleep for school. I'm looking for something in retail or, ideally, a pet store (there aren't many around here that aren't 18+). But not this. I have insane hours right now and I'm technically on my spring break but practically not. I make minimum wage so I'm not too happy with it, but whatever. It's the experience, right? At least I tried it and know it's not for me and I'm motivated to find another job.
Yesterday I went to Comic Con for the first time, and it was awesome! This is the healthiest and happiest I've been in a while, but it sapped a lot of my energy! I had all weekend off, I go back to work tomorrow. It was my first convention ever, and it was so much fun. I went with my brother and his girlfriend, and I was away from home for two days. I didn't meet any of the celebrities there but I bought a couple of prints and I saw a lot of cool cosplayers and pet some cool reptiles. I had a lot of fun. After the con we went to a soccer game. I stayed with my brother in his apartment the whole time and when we weren't doing stuff we were just chilling watching Adventure Time.
Also... I visited the pet store while I was in Indianapolis and I saw a bird there that I absolutely fell in love with. I'm considering driving all the way back just to get him (her?) after my first paycheck lol. I'm... thinking about it... [thinking emoji]
Unfortunately something else health-related has come up. On Friday morning, I woke up with a butterfly rash on my face. For those who don't know, butterfly rash is a facial rash that tends to have serious implications, and it is a tell-tale symptom of an autoimmune disorder called lupus. We'd never really considered the idea that I might have lupus before, but after doing research... it really looks like I do. It can be brought on by the viral infection that I had, and symptoms are often aggravated by stress, which... I spent approximately 50% of last week in tears. So. It's safe to say I was pretty stressed.
I've had a lot of other symptoms that have plagued me (seemingly without explanation) for all of my life and that would make sense under this diagnosis. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for blood tests and such to determine whether or not I have it, but I probably won't know for a while the results of the test. I'll update with a new journal when I get the results, whether positive or negative, or if I have something else. Either way, something is not right with my body, and even small infections could be really dangerous to me right now so I'm trying to play it safe and be careful. My family on my mother's side also has a history of lupus and some women have had it so aggressively that they were unable to have children.
If it happens to come back positive that I do have lupus, and it is now active, it will seriously affect my life. So this is pretty important... and it's a little scary for me.
At an aside, here are some pictures from the con! Including the prints I got. (I don't know who any of the cosplayers are, but if you would happen to know them... lemme know. The Fallout couple was so sweet, idk who they are but I'd die to find them.)
these are all long-term and won't happen for a very long time but it's nice to set them out anyway
- get a degree in psychology, eventually become either a psychiatrist or criminal profiler (probably psychiatrist, be able to work on my own hours)
- own lots of land in a mountainy/foresty area (perhaps washington state?). house size doesn't matter, only land
- get to the point where i am able to work from home, either having my office there or running a small business (small shop that sells soaps, candles, etc. doubling as a bakery)
- be a house-spouse. i like cooking, cleaning, taking care of animals... i'd rather stay home and take care of the house/land/animals
- have a small farm. raise a flock of chickens and a few goats for eggs, milk, cheese
- have a fair-sized garden i can live off of
- write a book
- own a cockatoo
- travel to egypt
- travel to kenya, see maasai mara
- become a vegetarian
- get successful enough to the point where i can live off my land and farm
- marry someone i love
I was also watching a movie w @/homiecidal before the power went out and I was like "oh shit there's a bad storm here" and then just kinda had to leave lmaO.
(You guys wanted to learn more about my characters. :'u)
sorry charlotte most of this is stuff u already know :^( i added in sum new stuff for u tho!!
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 8 facts about your character. (wooops)
3. Tag 8 other characters.
4. Post their names along with their creators' avatars.
- 1. Cailan was planned to be the heir to the throne for most of his life. Despite his identical twin brother, Nathaniel, being born first, Cailan always wanted to be king, while Nathaniel didn't, so it worked out well for them both.
- 2. Unfortunately, things didn't really work out the way they had been planned. Cailan fell in love with not one, but two, people who could not rule at his side, and he knew it would cause a scandal if it were to get out. Though he was unhappy with it, Nathaniel cast aside his distaste at becoming king in order for Cailan to be happy. While Cailan was disappointed that he was not going to become king, he was much happier with his lovers.
- 3. Yes, lovers, plural. Cailan first started dating a childhood friend of his, an elven boy named Enasal, when he was around fifteen years old. A polyamorous relationship was developed when Enasal also began dating a close mutual friend of theirs, a qunari girl named Asaara. Overtime, Cailan and Asaara also fell in love -- and it all worked out.
- 4. Cailan is actually really squeamish and easily creeped out by scary stories. He often has to remind Enasal, who is a necromancer, to stop bringing back dead animals. It scares the hell out of him!
- 5. He also has a bit of a flare for the dramatic, much to the chagrin of his friends.
- 6. Probably Cailan's favorite pastime is playing the piano with his mother and brother. Camille taught Cailan and Nathaniel how to play piano from a young age, and it was something they grew up doing as a method of calming themselves down or, really, just for fun!
- 7. He knocks the ladies dead with his smile, along with his bro. They swear it's an accident -- really. (;
- 8. He's a pure boy. I'm serious. He deserves the entire world handed to him on a silver platter. He is the sweetest, friendliest, most genuine, man you will ever meet. Give him hugs. He's totally up for that.
- 9. He has a red tattoo of a dragon on his right arm. It's used to distinguish him from his brother by his friends, who were tired of the pranks based on appearance. Nathaniel has a tattoo of a black dragon on his left arm. Neither of them wanted the dog tattoo, which is quite contrary to the beliefs of Fereldans, so... they both decided to get dragons.
- 10. From the get-go, one of the main reasons Cailan wanted to be king was so that he could bring equality and less prejudice to Ferelden. I mean... the adoring subjects was an added bonus. But the most important part to him was bringing equality, and so he was less upset when he knew that he could still change the world. It was... just that Nathaniel would get all of the credit for it. Oh well. As long as the world changed for the better... right? Right? :c
- 11. He loves the colors red and gold... and knows he looks gr8 in them.
- 12. Also, he really can't wait to take over his mother's dog-breeding hobby. He loves mabari, and he especially loves the puppies. He'd honestly probably just give them away for free instead of selling them. Free dogs for all of Denerim.
Enasal Lavellan (son of Isenril & Solas)
- 1. Ena grew up resenting Solas, due to how his mother obsessed over finding him. Isenril was very bitter and angry, and Enasal often felt neglected or unloved because of her unhappiness and dissatisfaction. However, after his mother is killed in front of him during a wild goose chase, tracking down a rumor about Fen'Harel, his hatred subsides after he realized what it did to her. However, he takes it on as his personal responsibility to track down Fen'Harel, and get the answers his mother never got to have -- and more importantly, learn why his mother had to die for them.
- 2. Despite Enasal's feelings, Isenril loved her son more than anything in the world, and he loved her equally. They were very close as he grew up, and when he lost his mother at just fourteen years of age, he was devastated and in a dark place for a long time.
- 3. As a necromancer, he has a habit of bringing dead things back to life. He doesn't mean for it to happen, it just... sorta happens.
- 4. Despite being the oldest in his poly relationship... he is the smallest. :u
- 5. As kids, Enasal and Asaara got into massive fight due to multiple reasons, and their separation lasted months, which was hard on them both since they had always been close. Cailan, as a friend, came into the picture to comfort Ena after his mother died, and then he managed to bring him and Asaara back together as friends. Enasal and Cailan developed a romantic relationship, and, well... the rest really is history. (;
- 6. Even though Enasal's real father left, Ena has a close relationship with Thoron (father of Asaara, and a good friend of his mother) and Cullen (father of two of his other friends). So... really, he's got two dads. This is not to mention Zevran, who Isenril is in a brief nearly-romantic relationship with before her sudden and untimely death.
- 7. He's susceptible to feeling lonely and estranged, as it was something that happened often as a kid due to his resemblance to Solas. This shows even in adulthood, which makes him prone to jealousy within his relationship with Cailan and Asaara. Oftentimes he views himself as the third wheel.
- 8. Enasal is also asexual, which leads to feelings of guilt and inadequacy within his relationship. He feels as if he can not give them all they need, and eventually they will decide to cut him off because of this.
- 9. Isenril, upon learning she was pregnant, began to starve herself and do reckless things in order to kill Enasal off while he was still in the womb. She did not want a child of Solas whatsoever, and when it became apparent that he was going to be born alive, she decided she would kill him upon birth. However, after seeing him for the first time, she immediately fell in love and felt remorse for ever wanting him dead. However, due to her mistreatment of herself while she was pregnant, Enasal was very malnourished at birth and Isenril began to become very worried that she would lose him. Despite this, he managed to pull through, and Isenril never regrets her choice to keep him alive.
- 10. Enasal often forgets to eat, especially during his bouts of excitement, and he needs to be reminded very often by his friends to just take a moment and sustain himself. He's very restless at times, especially when confronted with a new idea or concept, and really needs them to remind him to take care of himself every once in a while. It's not that he's exhausted -- he's very happy and excited when he has new ideas -- but it's a horrible habit that he just hasn't been able to shake that he forgets to eat. He's sick a lot. :c
- 11. He's often very cold and needs hugs from his warm boyfriend and girlfriend to keep his frail body from drifting away in the wind. (In all honesty, he is very scrawny and easily-cold -- again, needs to take better care of himself.)
- 12. He is the son of Fen'Harel, or the Dread Wolf... hence the nickname, Dread Pup, which he detests.
- Bonus: These feelings are never shared... but sometimes... Enasal feels the temptation to join his father. Technically he's a demigod at this point, and there's always that question burning in the back of his mind... How would things be if he was with Fen'Harel?
Kinna Trevelyan-Rutherford (daughter of Valeria & Cullen)
- 1. Growing up, Kinna was obsessed with finding "the one." She had a crush on all of her male friends at some point, even to the point of dating Nathaniel for a little bit and making a move on Cailan.
- 2. She inherited super curly hair from her dad but she hates it and always puts it up in a braid-bun so no one can tell. She's very jealous of her little sister's straight hair.
- 3. In fact, Kinna was so obsessed with finding the love of her life and having babies that she didn't really give a lot of thought to what she wanted to do for a career when she got older. There was a brief period, when she got older, where she just kind of free-fell, feeling lost with where she was in life.
- 4. Her favorite thing to do as a kid was climb trees with Asaara and Nathaniel. Asaara is her best friend and she always enjoyed hanging out with her and talking about boys... even if, well, Asaara was never really that into the discussions. (At least they could agree Cailan was a cutie. c; )
- 5. As she got older, her hopeless romanticism took a darker, more dangerous turn -- it led to many abusive relationships with older men who began to take advantage of her. She tried everything to achieve actual love with them, but was left heartbroken at every turn. Asaara and Cailan formed a team to bring her self-esteem back and try to set her up with good people. Eventually, it all became clear when Kinna met Philos Hawke -- the adopted dwarven son of Marian Hawke. It was love at first sight for Kinna, and this time, she knew it was real.
- 6. Kinna dreamed of the amount of children she would have, their genders, and their names, from a young age. She wanted, exactly, three girls, and two boys. Their names? Jaime and Leo (Leo... lion... Cullen, Lion of Honnleath) for the boys, and Mia (after her aunt), Sophia, and Cassandra (after her godmother). Of course, it's the luck of the draw -- but that was what she wanted.
- 7. As it would happen, Kinna inherited her mother's low fertility and it was very difficult for her to conceive. She had doubts that she would ever be able to have more than one child.
- 8. Kinna asked her little sister, when she gave birth to a son, to name him Leo, since that was the name Kinna always wanted to name one of her own sons. Elyssa, even though the child was one she never wanted, asked her then-husband, and they agreed to name him little Leo. Kinna rarely gets to see her nephew due to Elyssa and Lucian's relationship, but on the occasion that she does, she's always happy to see him.
- 9. Philos is an amazing cook, and Kinna is an amazing baker -- and together they love to throw banquets for their friends. She will actually come up with random holidays, just to have an excuse to get all of her friends and family together so they can cook for them. She loves organizing parties!
- 10. She knew her sister was gay literally as soon as she could talk, so it did come as an unsettling surprise when Elyssa married Lucian. Worried for Lyssa's happiness, Kinna -- despite her own problems at the time -- set out with Asaara to figure out what was going on, determined to help her sister find happiness. She didn't realize she was doing this vicariously, as she wasn't happy at all herself.
- 11. Kinna always teased Elyssa about her crush on Asaara as a kid, but she didn't realize that it was actually love until... well, until it was too late. She realized that Elyssa was in love with Asaara the night that she got rejected, as she had never seen Elyssa so broken down before. They hugged and she comforted Elyssa for hours as she cried, feeling helpless and useless. Later, Elyssa met Lucian and began dating him soon after, and then they were engaged in a matter of months, so of course an alarm set off in Kinna's head that something was definitely not right, and that was when she began the campaign to help her sister.
- 12. There was a period in her life, her lowest point, when she wanted to kill herself. Nobody ever learned of her suicidal thoughts during this time, and she never went through with them, but there was a very close period where she wanted to do it... It was shortly after Asaara had first discovered the bruises on her arms from abusive partners, and she worried that her best friend would tell her parents. Every time she thought of the looks on their faces when they would find out what she'd done... She was too ashamed, and too afraid, to face it. But the light eventually came in the form of her friends slowly teaching her that she was not dirty or broken.
- 13. Kinna is usually a very happy, very bright, very extroverted, and very dramatic person. She's also very affectionate and touchy, relying on physical touch to relay a lot of her feelings to her friends. They know she means well, but sometimes... it is a little much.
- 14. Kinna regretfully believes that her poor fertility is a result of her "sinful" and "slutty" behavior when she was younger. She curses herself every day for it, and will sometimes still apologize to Philos for "acting like a common whore" when she was younger and lost. Because of her past behaviors, which she is still very ashamed of and finds to be repulsive and disgusting, she blames herself for their difficulty in conceiving a child. Though her self-worth does come back... she still is very ashamed of her past.
- 15. Kinna also has pretty strong paranoia when it comes to Philos, and she often checks up several times a day to make sure she's doing... well, alright. For the first couple of years of their relationship, this is definitely prevalent and probably becomes quite an annoyance, but she means well. She dearly loves Philos and doesn't want to lose him, so she strives for perfection -- it just takes him reminding her that perfection is impossible, and he loves her anyway, for her to become more grounded and not caught up in how badly she might be doing.
Nathaniel Theirin-Cousland (son of Camille & Alistair)
- 1. Nathaniel grew up under the belief that he would never have to rule; Cailan had that under control. So things were pretty relaxed... until, of course, it became apparent that Cailan would never be able to be happy ruling. Meanwhile, Nathaniel, who had fallen in love with a human named Sarah, would be able to marry her publicly without backlash, and she could be queen. It was obvious that Nathaniel should be king, if he could... just step into the position. It was scary for him, and he really did not want to do it, but he would do anything for his brother... and he did.
- 2. Nathaniel actually met Anora. It was he who convinced his parents that she was not a threat to them, as a matter of fact. He met her, and had a long conversation with her about what happened, about her father, Cailan's namesake, and why she was there... And it turned out that Anora had a soft spot for the boy. He introduced Cailan to her as well, and then made a case to his parents about why Anora was really no threat. He actually managed to convince them, and she was allowed a position on the royal court eventually to compensate for what was done. She, of course, remained bitter towards the monarchs, but she did like their children, and was able to put her bitter dislike for Alistair and Camille behind her in order to have a place in authority. Camille and Alistair were, of course, very wary at first to allow her to commune with their children, for fear she would try to manipulate them, but after a while it became clear that she had no negative intentions.
- 3. He's in a bit of a rivalry with Enasal -- who's smarter? It's a never-ending battle for them both to see who comes out on top, and nobody dares share their opinion on it, for fear of starting a war. Those two will battle 'til the end, anyway, no matter what anyone says, so there's no point in trying to stop it.
Not to mention Cailan loves to see his brother and boyfriend fight about who's smarter. Especially when he knows they're both brilliant.
- 4. He takes up writing in an attempt to impress Sarah Hawke, the adopted daughter of the Champion of Kirkwall. He fell for the girl fairly fast, and tried to think of a million ways he could impress her. Unfortunately for him, she was able to see right through all of his attempts... that didn't mean they didn't work, though. ;D
- 5. When he was a kid, Nathaniel ran away from home. The truth was that it wasn't anybody's fault, it was just that... Nathaniel often felt lonely. Much like Enasal, he felt estranged at times, like he didn't belong in the clique, and sometimes the pressures of being prince were big for his shoulders. He wasn't really good at carrying such a weight, even if his parents never pushed anything on him that he couldn't handle. Being a teenager, he was just caught up in a turmoil of emotions when he decided to run away from home. In fact, he boarded a ship to Kirkwall, and when he got there, he asked for directions to the Champion's house. He got there, and almost as soon as Marian saw him, she sent a letter straight to the hysterical monarchs of Ferelden, who were beyond worried for their son. Nathaniel was very hungry, and ended up wolfing down a bunch of food while he was there... and then he was very ashamed as he realized how upset his parents were,
and also that he'd probably just eaten all of the food in the Hawke Manor.Camille was coming straight to Kirkwall to pick him up, and he feared for his own life. But... it wasn't all bad. He made new friends... more specifically, he was introduced to Sarah, who quickly became his best friend. And he developed a massive crush on her.
- 6. He would often confide in his uncle, Marcus (well, his mother's cousin, really, but "Uncle Marcus" to him) when he was down. Marcus always seemed to know what to say, and he was very calm and wise. His parents... well, they were good, but he felt more comfortable talking to Marcus than to his own parents. They talked about many things, but especially Nathaniel's loneliness, up until the point where he ran away. Then, when he came back, suddenly there was less confiding. Nathaniel was... happier. It still happened every once and a while, and Nathaniel did come to him just to chat at times, but not many depressing topics came up after that, until it was determined that he was to be king. There was... a lot of counseling after that. But, still, all turned out okay. Nathaniel credits Marcus a lot to this day for helping him get through his childhood.
- 7. There was a lot of question/controversy to his namesake due to Nathaniel Howe being the son of Rendon Howe, the traitor to the Couslands who caused so much agony when they burnt the estate down and slaughtered most of the family. When Nathaniel finally learned the truth about his namesake, and he asked Camille why she gave him the name, Camille answered that Nathaniel was her best friend when they were very young... And, for a while, she was very angry with him, and he with her, because they both did not know the other side of the story. But, they reunited due to fate, and they both were given a clearer understanding of what had occurred. They became friends again, and Camille felt the name appropriate for her son... She had also hoped it would lend more understanding to the remaining members of the Howe family, and restore their social status, as they had no idea of what their father was planning.
- 8. Once, Nathaniel was kissed on the lips by Enasal, and Ena was... not gentle. After Nathaniel told him that he was not Cailan, Enasal was completely mortified. And they have never spoken of it since, not even just to each other. They are too bloody scared to mention it, and that is precisely why Cailan and Nathaniel have tattoos meant to distinguish them.
- 9. Sarah claimed she loved hearing Nathaniel's voice, but of course he learned her sign language just so he could communicate with her quickly and understand her without pen and paper. He tries not to talk to her in sign language, though, as he knows she prefers for him to talk to her instead of hand movements. At least let him talk, if she cannot.
- 10. Nathaniel also once met his namesake, who dropped by curiously when he heard the prince had his name. Nathaniel was quite young at the time, but he was excited to meet the person he was named after, and even if he was a bit... grumpy, they did get along. The Howe seemed in awe that the prince had been named after him, and he seemed very fond of the boys.