Welcome to Friend-of-Friends!
This group was founded to allow:
- People to connect to others, through their friends.
- Artists to improve their skills in a friendly environment, and perhaps get some tips/ tricks from more experienced artists. (We will be looking for experienced artists to act as guides/mentors, and to contribute tutorials.)
- Your friends to keep up-to-date with your work.
- New artists and artworks to be viewed via straight contribution.
Joining the Group:
There is only one way to join this group — and that is to be invited by an existing member. This is to make sure that all members have a prior recommendation by someone who knows them (and to ensure that we are all friendly). We do occasionally make exceptions — show us how much fun you are! Once you have joined, please think about submitting a short introductory piece about yourself, to the new members introduction area, located within our gallery.
General Etiquette Rules:
- Please do not advertise on the front page, (e.g., announcing commissions status, contests). We are happy to announce contests and commissions status, in our Weekly Journal Update. Please place this information in the "Journals, Contests, Raffles" folder.
- Please don’t ask others for donations. (This group will not be publishing anything to do with begging for personal donations.)
- Please do not bully others. If you are seen doing so, you will be removed from the group. (This includes having hate speech or affiliating with groups such as the "Alt-Right" on your profile.)
- If you have any questions, please send a to the group, not to the admins individually. One of us will get to you quickly!
- ART OF ALL SKILL LEVELS IS ACCEPTED.
- Please try to submit your art to the correct folders.
- You are allowed to submit one piece of work per day to a selected folder (which only requires one vote to be approved, by any admin).
- We will accept nearly anything, with the exception of work with racist or offensive content, or recolors of other artists' bases or avatar generators. Please make sure that anything mature has an appropriate mature content label.
- (Optional, but strongly encouraged) Have a small caption with each piece you submit about what you learnt, experienced or did during the week to keep people updated.
Favorites Submission Rules:
- You may submit five Favorites per day.
- We will accept nearly anything besides work with racist or offensive content. Please make sure that anything mature has an appropriate mature label.
- Please do not submit your own work as a Favorite.
Weekly Update Journal and Features:
- The Weekly Update will be a journal post keeping people up to date with each other, including such things as commission status updates, contests, raffles and events. If you have something you'd like to have included, please direct it to copper9lives.
- On the first of each month, we feature an Artist of the Month, whose artwork will reside in our Featured folder for the entirety of the month.
- On the fifteenth of each month, we feature the Art of the Month in a journal article. We'll now be adding literature to this feature.
How to Become a Contributor:
- All that you require to become a Contributor is experience and kindness. Just send us a note saying that you wish to become one, and the request will be looked over by the founder and co-founders.
- The main tasks of a contributor are: voting to allow work into the group's folders, constructive comments on submitted art, and voting for the Art of the Month feature and the Artist of the Month feature. The admins may also call on you to help us keep the Gallery organized! We will also be starting monthly events — send us your ideas, and help us run them!
Thanks for reading! :3