since by now quite a few people have asked me about it ( thank you for being interested in commissioning me by the way ), I've finally decided to open up an official commissions page here on DA.
So here're ( hopefully ) all the information you need to know:
- Payment will be done via PayPal or Bank transfer ( I do not accept DA points, "shoutouts"/ recommendations as payments ).
- All paintings will be delivered as digital 2D images and sent to you by e-mail.
- Unless you request differently I will work with a standard DPI of 72.
- Unless I feel the need to extent it out based on how busy I'm or how complex the commission is, the deadline will be set to 3 months after the contract is signed, usually it won't take that long though.
If you wish to have a specific deadline set at a sooner date it may cost extra depending on how quick it has to be done ( this of course is only the case if it really puts a lot of extra stress on me, so most likely a slightly sooner deadline won't cost you anything more ).
- I won't paint any fanarts of copyrighted source material.
I'm also not very interested in painting very sexualized images ( don't know why you would ask me for that in the first place but still, and if you really want stuff like that from me, be aware that it my cost extra as it's completely out of my comfortzone ).
- I am allowed to upload the artwork to all my social media sites for promotional purposes unless otherwise discussed ( it will cost 2€ extra if I can't post it and thus loose out on publicity ).
- You're allowed to upload it anywhere you wish but you must give credit to me.
- You may not remove my signature from the commission.
- You're not allowed to alter the artwork and than claim it as your own creation.
- Unless it's been specifically discussed and a written permission is given neither me, nor you may resell the commissioned artwork.
- You may not use the commissioned artwork for your own promotional purposes unless I've agreed to it in an written statement.
- I will record the painting process as proof of time spent on the piece,
( it will only include the actual time done painting, so there may be some extra time spend on research, however that will never exceed more than 30 minutes added to the overall work time used for calculating the price ) I normally won't sent the video over, but if you wish to have it I will of course provide it to you.
- Should I wish to do so, I can post the video online and monetize it, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Should I be unable to finish the picture and see the need to cancel the commission I will take a 15% kill fee of the initially agreed upon price and you will receive all the work that's been done so far.
- Should you decide to cancel the commission while I've already started working on it, the kill fee will be 25% of the initially agreed upon price and you won't receive any of the work that's been done so far.
- If you decide to cancel the commission after the final ( lower res and watermarked ) image has been delivered the kill fee will go up to 50% of the initially agreed upon price and you won't receive any of the work that's been done so far.
- I can decline any commission I'm not comfortable with taking on, should that be the case with yours please respect that ( hopefully this doesn't ever happen though ).
- Important note, the prices will be in Euro/€.
Now, I separate my work into roughly 3 different quality groups:
The first one are very rough paintings which usually can be done in about 1 to 3 hours ( although keep in mind that with the added time of extra sketches it may take a bit longer ),
- The normal price for quality group 1 and 2 will be an hourly rate of 15€.
For group 3 it's not really possible to give you a price right now,and I will have to estimate it based on the commission request you give me, to give you a rough idea though,
a piece like this:
would cost somewhere around 400€.
- There may occur additional costs for things such as useage rights and so on, as mentioned in the rules above.
- You contact me via my business e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org
) or here on DA by note ( e-mail is preferred ) with the filled out form from below plus any additional info you feel is needed and I will give you an estimated price for your commission.
- I will sent you the contract for you to sign.
Please note that before I can start working I will need 50% upfront ( yeah, I wish I could go straight into painting too but thanks to all the scammers out there this is necessary, so thank you for understanding ).
- Once the contract has been signed and the half upfront payment has been made, I will begin the work and send you the sketches, you will get up to 3 big revisions ( for example: change of composition, character pose, perspective shifts and so on ) that you can request here, after that each further big revision will cost an additional 4€.
- After you've given me the okay on the final sketch I will go and render the painting, if the commission warrants it ( a.k.a. takes long enough ), I will send you a few work in progress shots if you wish to have some.
- Once I'm finished I will send you a low res and watermarked version as proof that the image is done. here you can request some last minor revisions ( so only small details and slight color changes ), these will again be limited this time to 4 and additional ones will cost 1€ extra each.
- You will receive the finished high resolution image once the full payment is done ( again, I wish it was different but thank the scammers it's not ).
if interested please contact me via business e-mail: email@example.com
or by note here on DA ( best with the subject matter "art commission" or similar instead of "hello" so that it doesn't accidentally land in the spam folder" ).
In order to speed up the process please include this form filled out in your initial message:
A: Which of the above mentioned quality groups do you want your commission to fall under?
Also if there is a specific piece of mine that you'd think fits the direction you want your commission to go in ( so not just quality but also feel and mood of the picture ) than feel free to name/link me that here too.
B: Describe your idea to me here.
C: Do you want your piece to have a specific size and/or DPI settings?
D: If you wish for the piece to have a specific name, please let me know here.
E: If you have any references that may be helpful to me please include them here ( if it's a certain character, animal, location or so on you'd like to have me paint).
F: If you're okay with me posting the image online, do you wish to be named as the commissioner or would you rather remain anonymous?
G: Do you have any special notices as in any exceptions to the rules stated up top, that we need to discuss?
Now hopefully this coveres everything, if not and you still have some questions, feel free to contact me and ask.
Again thank you for being interested in working with me, hope to hear from you.
Commissions are currently open.