Anyone know how to change the color of your line-art in Krita?

I would like to color my line-art, by which I mean I want to change my black line-art to a different color, but I'm not sure how.

If it helps, I'm using Krita desktop on a Mac OSX. 

Any good advice would be much appreciated.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thanks for the llama and thanks for trying to help me.
Welcome
Devad also has a bunch of Krita tutorials, you should be able to find the whole list from the Krita website, I know he explains colourising lineart as well
Krita does have an equivalent of the clipping mask in photoshop, although I forget how to do it exactly. Probably easiest to lock the layer opacity, which I'm pretty sure you do from the layers window (or whatever it calls the UI sections, it's late and the exact word escapes me).
Select the layer
Go to filter -> adjust -> HSV

Check colorize

move the sliders. You'll see how it works
That didn't quite give me the result I was looking for and I tried all the various ways you can adjust it i.e. hue/saturation/lightness, hue/saturation/luma and etc.. But, thanks for the suggestion, I'll figure it out eventually. 
If you're more specific about what you want perhaps I can suggest something else
Here's an example of what I want to do: 

Rogue by diablo2003

You see the way they took black line-art and made it green in the areas of her clothing and brown over her hair? I would like to do something like that. I could do it by tracing over my line-art in a separate layer but that would be a pain in the ass. I just want to know if there's a quick and easy way to do this. 
I really think you can do that with the filtering I showed you. You'll just have to break the lineart up into different layers. Push the lightness but not all the way.
Okay, I messed with it some more and got it to work the way I wanted it to. Thanks for the help!;) (Wink) 
Alright, I'll give it a try.