Closed to new replies
November 4, 2014
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Manga Studio 5 how to restore tools

:icone-ocasio:
E-Ocasio Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2014   General Artist
I recently bought Manga Studio 5, much to my newbie ignorance I deleted accidentally all the pencil tools! I tried uninstalling and re installing the program. But it did not work. Looked at the SmithMicro website without any concrete answer! All were inconclusive.:cries:
Does anyone has any clear answer on how to restore the deleted tools?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontr3s-sss:
Tr3s-sSs Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
dont know if you already fixed it, but - close MS, hold down the shift-key on your keyboard and start MS via double click on the icon on the desktop.
a window should appear, mark "Tool" with a hook and the tool palette will restored to default.

Note: you lost all of your custom brushes! so be sure to safe them first! =*_*=
:iconraphaela13:
raphaela13 Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
you are a god. thanks. made the same mistake. :p
E-Ocasio Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2014   General Artist
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!!!
IT WORKED! IT WORKED!:happybounce: :happybounce:
I could just cry now! Thank you so much!:hug: :love: :hug: :heart:

:heart:Wish lots of good health of mind body and soul forever!:heart:
:icontr3s-sss:
Tr3s-sSs Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
no problem. ^^/ and thanks! =^^=
E-Ocasio Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2014   General Artist
No,  THANK YOU! :love:
:iconshuqxx:
ShuQxx Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2014   General Artist
Usually, under a workspace/view tab (or maybe just somewhere in settings) there is a 'restore to default' or something along those lines. For your pencil tools, if these were customised, and you didn't save it as a preset or default or something, you probably cannot recover them this way. 

Also, uninstalling and installing means you definitely cannot recover them even if you did save it as a default or preset. 
E-Ocasio Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2014   General Artist
Thank you for your comment.
They were the normal pencils set that came with the program. I've tried several things to no avail.
All programs are supposed to have that restore to default feature, yet I cannot seem to find it in this one!:cries:
:iconicon-uk:
Icon-UK Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2014
Forgive my ignorance as I don't know Manga Studio, but based on other graphics programs I've used over the years, deleting something as basic and important as pencils from the main menu seems an unlikely thing to be able to do, are you sure they're not just hidden from view?

Try double clicking on the pencil tool icon, and checking to make sure the resulting window doesn't appear pre-shrunk or off screen,

Just a random stab in the dark,
E-Ocasio Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2014   General Artist
No I tried looking for them over and over, there is a feature that actually deletes all the tools why the programmers did this is beyond my understanding, highly illogical.
I must have touched the command by mistake then closed the program apparently it saved the delete!:cries:
I've tried a number of things to bring them back to no avail. I guess I'll have to buy another copy of the program, as I could really afford it again!:faint:
Thanks for answering. BTW happy belated birthday
Add a Comment: