September 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Pen Troubles

:iconprfctstrm479:
prfctstrm479 Featured By Owner 6 days ago  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey everyone,
My art tablet has started acting up lately. It thinks the pen is pressing down on it when I'm only hovering over it. I'm using a Huion H610 Pro. Does anyone know what's going on?

So far I've tried unplugging the tablet, charging the pen, and restarting my computer. The driver says the device is disconnected and that i need a software update but it still works. Also on the driver the only buttons that work are the ones that close the program or link to the site.

Thank you and God bless you!

Devious Comments

prfctstrm479 Featured By Owner Edited 2 days ago  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, I figured out the problem. I just needed a new nib. Thanks everyone who responded!
:iconstephenl:
StephenL Featured By Owner Edited 6 days ago
Does your problem occur across any graphic arts drawing program or are you limiting yourself to only one specific program for using your pen?

I bought a Huion 610 Pro at a really good price from NewEgg last year during the pandemic Covid 19 lockdown.   Had a lot of time staying home everyday for artwork and computer technology, really helped through some psychologically depressing times.
From my experience testing and using the 610 found this tablet works very good with MyPaint, GIMP, Krita, and Art Rage.    The Huion 610 did not work so well with Corel Painter, when bringing brush strokes down to a size of 1 or 2 for fine detail.   The pen would either not create a brush stroke when using the pen and tablet to create a stroke, or would start off not applying a stroke and then one would eventually appear a few seconds after the application of a brush stroke.   When attempting to apply a brush stroke of larger sizes the pen worked as expected.   
I tried the same brush strokes using a Wacom Intuous tablet-pen and the strokes applied showed up as expected.   This eliminated one variable, that the Corel Painter program had a flaw causing this problem.
Several years ago I contacted Corel support having a problem using an earlier model Huion tablet with Painter software.   They answered my explanation of the problem writing that Painter did not support Huion tablets.   You may be caught up in the same type of problem with a different type of software program.    Not all pens and tablets support all types of graphic arts software and/or operating systems.     These newer 610s do not work with some older Fedora (earlier than version 33), Debian, and older 32 bit processor programs.
I have just tested on gimp and can confirm that this issue is with the tablet, not the software.
Thank you. So far I've only had this on photoshop, but it also acted like this outside any art program so I think it's universal.
:iconbscruffy:
bscruffy Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
I typed in "Hunion 610 art pad problems" into my search bar and got some interesting hits: Top 5 Solutions to Huion Pen Not Working [2021 Update] (partitionwizard.com)
Thank you. I'll see when I can try these out.
Add a Comment: