February 25, 2014
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

The Huion GT-190? Bosto? Yiynova?

:iconchilicheri:
ChiliCheri Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2014
Hi !
The world of screen tablets are driving me nuts!
i can't decide anymore what i want.
I heard about the Huion one. it comes in the size i like and has tilt! but the resolution doesn't make me happy.but still tempted to buy it.
Then there is the Bosto kingtee. very interesting. aslo comes in a desired size. but still not any good information about either or reviews
then we have the yiyona. it's good but it does not come in my desired screen size...and lacks tilt

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconskullsuk:
skullsuk Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2014
Interesting, I am just now getting into tablets. Read all the 'blurb out there and checked out all the vids. Seems to me that Yiynova stuff would be the way to go and when they launch the new line up with HD and IPS screens that should do it. I would never pay for a  big Wacom on principle ( and I've used one). So a nice big Yiynova 20u+ or 22u+ something for drawing on is already on the shopping list for when they arrive, put extra money towards a Surface Pro2 for on the go and dump the laptop altogether. What do you think?

Question: what are the best pens to use that are compatible with Yiynova gear or is stock stuff OK? I didn't check that out much!
:iconcosmogyral-delirium:
cosmogyral-delirium Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Monoprice has a tablet monitor with about the same specs as the Yiynova for a cheaper price that may be worth looking into -- however, they're on back order. Here's the product page if you're interested.
:iconrobot-ninja-dragon:
Robot-Ninja-Dragon Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
the monoprice is basically the Huion GT 190, which is basically the Yiynova msp19.  xD

And Yiynova has a new extremely well fleshed out version 3 of it, the MSP19U+, with greatly improved digitizer and changes from feedback of their two first editions.

so when it comes to the better alternative tablet monitor to Wacom, i would personally think it to be Yiynova, while Huion is the superior competitor to Wacom in graphic tablets, although this could change if they release a new revision of their GT 190 though.

i am personally torn myself, between wacom 13hd, yiynova msp19u+ and the mvp22u+, the biggest call between the wacom 13hd and msp19u+, as their prices align very closely here in EU, with the mvp22u+ costing a little more than the wacom but being a competitor to the wacom 22hd, which price is beyond normal means.

wacom 13hd is an ips panel, means A LOT for viewing angle and colour, msp19u+ is TFT sadly but the mvp22u+ is IPS too but still with vga component cable, which is painful, as it has an issue with fonts that most likely comes from the vga component, if yiynova made a DVI, displayport, HDMI version it would be an instant winner.

But alas not the case as of right now.

the font issue seems to be only terrible on mac, while on windows, with a vga socket in your gpu card(which my r9 290 doesn't have), would solve the font issue, as long you remember to set the monitor to 60 hz, which BTW is also the reason why some people have jitter issue, their monitor being set at higher than the specified 60 hz, as it as an internal max at 75 but doing so creates the flaw with jitter and lag, lol.

Yiynova needs the next 19" tablet monitor to be IPS too, and retire the VGA component cable once and for all.   xD
cosmogyral-delirium Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't have the money for any of these tablet monitors currently, so it's all the same to me. XD

I see you're in Denmark -- I'm in the USA, specifically Washington state. Monoprice is based in California (2 states under me), so buying a monitor from them (and then returns/exchanges/etc if necessary) would take much less time and would cost less for me than shipping directly from either Huion or Yiynova -- I got my tablet from Monoprice within a week, while a replacement pen from Huion took almost a month to arrive from Hong Kong. That's just my USA perspective, though; I'm sure the situation and pricing shifts favor depending on where one lives!

I shall keep an eye on how all these UC-Logic-based tablet monitors evolve, for whenever I do have the money to afford one. :shakefist: I'm so used to my 1440x900 laptop screen that leaping to one of the 19" monitors wouldn't be much of a stretch. I could never work with the Wacom 13HD, because I like to draw big, and a screen that little wouldn't cut it!

I just hope the OP of this thread found what they were looking for, haha!
Robot-Ninja-Dragon Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yiynova sells in the USA through Pandacity, which is on amazon, who is known for providing extremely good customer service in case of refund or defects found.

And yes always keep an eye on IF it's an UC logic based, because if it isn't UC logic based, then it might be garbage. xD

and yeah even though they are known as cheaper than wacom's cintiq products, they are indeed still very much pricey, even more so here in Europe, urgh, the Yiynova msp19u+ costs like 1000 bucks here, lol.

but i believe it to be well worth the time saving up for these, because the faster you can draw and produce stuff, the faster you'll learn, hehe.  :D
I did know about that! :) The Panda City is based in Ohio -- and is about twice as far away from me as Monoprice is, lol! (Sort of comparable to the comparison in distance from Denmark to Egypt, as opposed to Denmark to Spain. People in small states/countries have a different sense of scale than I do over here. XD) 

I definitely think they provide good products, but again, shipping is something I take into consideration, moreso with delicate electronics.

I remember reading Ray Frenden's review on the old Yiynova monitors with Waltop digitizers... maaaan, what a horror show. |D

$1000? That's awful. I'm sad to hear it. International shipping really is highway robbery. :saddummy:

I'm already pretty fast on my 9x12 Monoprice tablet (hand-eye coordination was no issue for me, yay), but I'd love to try out a tablet monitor. I have a Nexus 7 for on-the-go doodling, but, again, I'm not very good at drawing on smaller screens. ^^;
Robot-Ninja-Dragon Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hehe ah okay. wasn't sure if you knew about pandacity, better safe than sorry. :)

interesting, i got the monoprice 12x9 as well, very good large surface graphic tablet, ugly as hell but beauty within and for the pricey a good catch, i got a huion h610 pro now as well, i am 50/50 on it but only on the work area really.

And yeah, i've also gotten used to looking at the screen while drawing but man there will always be a sort of disconnect, and that leads to the same thing as, being so good at something, you can do it with eyes closed, you do still be faster with them open.  xD

And yeah, the screen size matters, also tried doodling on my 10" tablet, too damn small screen, probably my eyes not being 20/20 adds to it as well.

Which is why i mostly can't see myself getting the wacom 13HD.
No worries! It's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

I have sorta-big hands, so that's probably part of my issue with small screens too. ^^; It's gotten to where I've almost forgotten how to draw on paper directly, my muscle memory's so attuned to drawing with my Monoprice nowadays. I'm happy with my tablet, though - it's been working well for almost 2 years, with no signs of giving up. I do have a Huion pen for it now, since I destroyed both the stock Monoprice and the silver replacement pens through sheer drawing force.

I can't see myself getting any Wacom stuff for the foreseeable future because I'm so indoctrinated into the cult of UC-Logic, lol! That and, again, no money. It'd be cool to try it out someday, though.
Robot-Ninja-Dragon Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah the UC logic digitizers are just plain better at pressure sensitivity flexability drawing, Wacom pen pressure pen stroke starts at 25% which i never really understood, while uc logic, the newest pens, pen stroke starts at much lower values, thus actually giving you a large room of brush size to play with, without having to increase, decrease brush sizes all the time.

And i understand you completely at the getting used to draw on graphic tablet, you get used to so many things that's so much easier digital than traditional. xD

i hear the one turn off with tablet monitors will be, having your hand/pen in the way of your sight, lol.

And i spoke with a Yiynova fellow this day, they are releasing a new model this summer, a 20" model 1600x900 resolution, no info on the panel type, i hope it's IPS though, and they will have a new 22" in late fall as well, with pure DVI connector and some other changes, my guess, the placements of the express keys on it, lol.
(2 Replies)
:iconjoshscranton:
JoshScranton Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2014  Student Photographer
i could be mixing it up with another though
cosmogyral-delirium Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
 This is Ray Frenden's take on the Monoprice tablet monitor. He's had lots of experience with UC-Logic hardware (what the newer Yiynovas and the Monoprice monitor are both based on), so I trust what he has to say. From what I can tell, apart from being on constant backorder, there aren't any truly nasty issues with the monitor, given its price. It's the Bostos and the older Yiynovas with crappier Waltop digitizers that I hear are truly awful.
ok then i mixed it up with another XP
cosmogyral-delirium Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Haha, it happens! No worries. :)
its specs say its as good but it isnt, it has some nasty issues from what i hear
JoshScranton Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2014  Student Photographer
Bosto is a joke, the customer service knows little besides a scripted bit of info on the screens and will argue with you and wont listen, thats not counting that the bosto ones are garbage. The Huion is ok but has issues, the Yiynova is the best of them to get at the moment.
:iconkampnkarl:
KampnKarl Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2014  Hobbyist
Josh knows what's up. I have read multiple reviews on Bosto. They are widely considered a scam. Huion has good hardware, bad software. And Yiynova has good software and mixed hardware. 
:iconwuhuli:
wuhuli Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2014
I have a yiynova MSP19u which works well when it all gets sets up.
some notes  :
- Drivers are a bit of a pain, after moving to a new pc and setting up the drivers there, I still have a nagging driver problem where I have to reboot the pc to get it to work sometimes.
- Pressure sensitivity does NOT work with the latest release of GIMP. It does however work the latest development build of GIMP.

For the Huions I am considering getting the ones where you don't draw on the screen as they are dirt cheap and I would like something to throw in my laptop bag. 
From browing the web, the support seems to be getting better and they are becoming more active in their social media.

Don't know much about Bosto, but have heard bad things about their support.
ChiliCheri Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2014
Thank you very much for the advice
:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2014  Student Digital Artist
I've heard a lot bad thing about the Bosto tablets. More so here lately.
Not much on the Huion, but I haven't gone out of my way to read about it ever.
I've heard tons of people rave about the Yinova, so I would go for that. The rest of budget tablet monitors seem to be horrid quality where the Yinova is actually pretty good. Just be sure to go for the model with the U at the end. The one without has a ton of problems that the former doesn't.
I'm looking into it now. seems yiyinova is probably the best. But I could ask them if something new is coming up
thank you very much!!
:icon35kizu:
35Kizu Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2014
Yes, Yinova is better than Bosto, even in shipping.
But be carefull about the model you take, because some of the yiynova work less better than others.
( 19vs22 )
I've heard of that. My freind e-mailed them saying they are working on new models. Can't wait!
35Kizu Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2014
I think it will be like the new Companion from Wacom.
I didn't understand their " all in one tablet "
:iconimkyonyuu:
ImKyonYuu Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hello, sorry but i have a quesion, which tablet its better? 19 or 22?
35Kizu Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2014
19MSPU+ :)
The 22 have some compability lags and also the screen isn't as good as the 19.
And the size make the 22 too incomfortable. 
Robot-Ninja-Dragon Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
actually there is a MVP22U+ version which is full hd, 1920x1080 and with an IPS panel, i think you were thinking on the first edition, as it indeed was worse than the msp19u+.
(1 Reply)
:iconimkyonyuu:
ImKyonYuu Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
thank you ver much!!
(1 Reply)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2014  Professional Artist
People have had a lot of bad luck with the Bosto tablets. They show up broken and the company refuses to replace them. 

Huion is just trash in general. 

The yiynova's are alright. They have decent support and at least yiynova tries to make the things work. Go for the yiynova and get it through panda city on amazon if at all possible. 
Yep I can see that now looking more into the Bosto tablets. They are good but you can't grantee it would be any good when they bring a faulty product so looks like no bosto for me then :D

I've actually asked Huion on their facebook page oif they would make a more improved version of their previous tablet. They said they are making an HD version 21.5 inches with express keys.
Since I'm going to re-save my money (my parents didn't have salary tjis month had to give them my savings) I proabaly have to wait till the end of the year to buy one, So I'm willing to wait and see how this HD version is gonna turn out. 

Maybe by then Yiynova might bring out a new model more desirable too.
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2014  Professional Artist
Huion is all talk and none of their stuff ever works right. I wouldn't suggest getting something new from them :p give it time to get the (many) bugs worked out.

You might be best off looking into a used Cintiq. Then at least you know you're getting something good. Sometime Wacom sells off factory refurbished models for cheap, it's worth keeping an eye on.
I really wished I can get those refurbished stuffs. I don't have any luck with them cus I can only get them online.

But I'm willing to take a risk. You see My friend told that the Ugee site is now available in english :ugee.net/products_view.asp?art…
. so I went to check it out. And I was quite interested on their screen tablet (since i have a ugee pen I trusts is quality) 
So I e-mailed them asking their price. They say it's about $440 and since I was interested in their product they gonna give me small discount (helps a lil since shipping fees are gonna be tough since online shopping company will charge me by weight)
I'm extremely tempted to take the risk and buy it.To see the outcome of their Tablet. If my ugee G5 is really good I know that for sure their screen tablet would be just as good.

But I'm also interested in the upcoming yiynova models.Since Yiynova is promising.
until my money is saved I will see what I would buy. probably if the new yiynova is too expensive i might go for the ugee.
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2014  Professional Artist
Someone on here bought a ugee a few months ago and had good luck with it. 
Uh Really?! the screen one? or their normal ones?
If you know the deviant's name I might ask him/her about it please 
Add a Comment: