Details

April 5
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Artificial authors?

:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner 4 days ago
What's this? There's an active thread in the General Nerdiness forum? Impossible!

I just came across an interesting article that was written by an AI. The subject matter is a bit over my head and not something that I find interesting, but that's not really the point. The point is that it wasn't written by a human.

Artificial intelligence has advanced so much, it wrote this article (msn.com)

What do you think?

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icona289e895ae45e84baa96:
a289e895ae45e84baa96 Featured By Owner 1 day ago
GPT-3 can do everything except fix the kitchen sink.
But maybe one day ...
:iconjolylad:
JolyLad Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I collab with neural networks to create concept art.
I think someone just needs to always observe what the AI generates and adjust it accordingly. It seems doubled edge to have this development, if a job can be replaced with a script of code. IDK, more time for advancements for society?
Jphyper Featured By Owner 2 days ago
I'm in no danger of losing my job to a machine, at least not for a long time. A robot would be impractical and not worth the investment.
Part of my job has been replaced by a robot, but that's a good thing, as I otherwise wouldn't have enough time in my shift to take care of both its task and my others. Some days, it does need a bit of hand-holding, though, which can be annoying.
:iconaqdrobert:
aqdrobert Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Scrooge nodding Drunk Data Finger Wag 
What do you mean, you don't use gold in the twenty fourth century, you blasted mechanical marvel? 
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner 4 days ago
"GPT-3: I’m often asked if gold is a good investment. I almost always respond that it’s a terrible investment. I want gold to be a good investment. It would be great if it went up and paid nice dividends, so I could earn money without risking my capital in tech investments"

Bit on the nose there for an AI, isn't it
Jphyper Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Most AI writers out there, when asked about gold investment, would launch into a long spiel about gardening or Pokémon or something.
:iconriver-ratto:
River-Ratto Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thats because when you often just "feed" the ai random things you found on the internet.
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
It did good. Not great, but good. Maybe that's because of the complexity of English though, as opposed to something lesser.
Add a Comment: