Details

September 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 84

The piece that take so manyyy hours....

:iconblue-kachina:
Blue-Kachina Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
 Hello people!! Hope everyone is safe! So I just ended a piece that took me + 60 hours to do... And I´m kind proud of that  because is my new record (usually I do under 30 hours).
 But this experience got me thinking, wich piece took a lot of time from you guys to do? What is your record?

Well here´s the one I´m talikng about it, I really hope you like it TwT

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconcursedatlas:
CursedAtlas Featured By Owner 19 hours ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:iconstarfire-productions:
Starfire-Productions Featured By Owner 23 hours ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
First one that comes to mind is this :)

Star Wars: You guys are NOT helping! by Starfire-Productions

An idea I had during first lockdown in 2019 and a perfect example of a project that just spirals out of control.
125 hours later..... :D 
:iconseanbianchi:
seanbianchi Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Professional General Artist
Lucian And The Mercenary Encampment by seanbianchi   Shatter Book 1: Crystal Chamber by seanbianchi   Ibby Under Fire by seanbianchi  
:iconrieile:
RiEile Featured By Owner Edited 1 day ago
60+ is quite usual for me, mostly because I am too cautious to make things dark enough in two washes. But I would not have courage to tackle such a scene as you did here.
These guys, took a long long time to finish.

-FU- by RiEile -TD: Spiritus- by RiEile
Blue-Kachina Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Professional Digital Artist
Ohhh, but the result is wonderful!!!!!
:iconrieile:
RiEile Featured By Owner 1 day ago
Thank you!
:iconcaeffa:
caeffa Featured By Owner 1 day ago  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Man, this may not look all that complicated, but since I'm really new at drawing it took me quite a while to get the pose right and the lines right. I hope I get faster over time

Chasing Shooting Stars by caeffa
Oh, if you´re new to draw just don´t worry about taking time or not, only have patience do to the art until you´re satisfied with the result.
:iconkei4dan:
kei4dan Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The art I make usually takes 1-2 or 2-3 days to complete depending on the number of characters and if I want to add a background. Not to mention doing this on a computer rather than a tablet takes a lot more time too.

1. This one took me 2 weeks to do! Because of that I was wondering if it was ever gonna be complete!

Mario Golf Super Rush by kei4dan  

2. This took a week to do. At least it didn't take THAT long.

Aces by kei4dan  

3. This one took 11 days. 

At the Beach by kei4dan  
:iconladyyomi:
LadyYomi Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This one took me almost 50 hours! 😵😂

FF7: Amano Illustration Redraw | Clerith! by LadyYomi  
Woah! Nice job!!!!!
:iconslave2karma:
Slave2Karma Featured By Owner 2 days ago
I worked on and off this piece over the course of a year during a really bad art block. 

Ingrown by Slave2Karma
:iconcrimsonredallover:
CrimsonRedAllOver Featured By Owner 2 days ago
This double page spread has taken me months to complete and i am almost done with it.

Mature Content

Final Night Double Page Spread WIP by CrimsonRedAllOver
:iconkucingkecil-cabin:
KucingKecil-Cabin Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
wow your artwork have very details!
here is mine. not the most, but this new piece take more 20 hours too haha
Warrior - FFXIV commissions by KucingKecil-Cabin
Blue-Kachina Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
Ohhhh I folllow your work for some time now ^^- It always have a great color pallet or beautifull details!!
:iconmokolat-illustr:
Mokolat-Illustr Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
:iconcosmictundra:
CosmicTundra Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
The Planetguard by CosmicTundra   Imagine falling in the water... by CosmicTundra   Just another elder tree by CosmicTundra   [blood warning] What a disaster... by CosmicTundra  
they all took me smth between 6 to 14 hours as I remember qwq really love your piece as well, awesome work!!
:iconljmorgue:
LJMorgue Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
These one have a lot of details that took me FOREVER..it took me 2 days to finish each, a lot taking in consideration that is a somewhat simple style

Gluandre by LJMorgue   Scolopendromorpha by LJMorgue   Androctonus bicolor by LJMorgue   Helizabeth by LJMorgue
:icongriddellia:
Griddellia Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Digital Artist
Where Are You When I Need You by Griddellia  
This took about 8 hours. However, I did a step each day. Rough sketch one day, then the lineart the next day, and so on. 
:iconkilljoyparasite:
KillJoyParasite Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I work in short bursts of energy/get distracted very easily, so while i don't know the exact amount of hours, I know that this piece took about a month of on/off work to complete
  Ive seen that guy before by KillJoyParasite  

and that this one from this last january took about the same amount of time, maybe a bit less
Partied Out by KillJoyParasite   

OHHH and THIS from last year took way too fucking long- I was experimenting with a new form of lineart/shading and i had no idea what i was doing
Hitman by KillJoyParasite  
Blue-Kachina Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
Yeah, I have a friend who works like you, get distracted very easy and make the draw take a while to do, but the final product congrats!!!
:iconmeltingcoreis:
MeltingCOREis Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student General Artist
*I died.*

Laoghaire And The Red City by MeltingCOREis Gradient Winds by MeltingCOREis I Am Watching You, You Are Watching Me(Dreamstate) by MeltingCOREis
o.o.... Ressurect please.....
:iconphenomenom9:
phenomenom9 Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Golden frieza vs Goku
:iconhxnabii:
hxnabii Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Those two pieces took me about 15-25 hours to make. I'm proud of them! :D

Alice In Wonderland by hxnabii   Rapunzel Illustration by hxnabii  
:iconsasapen:
sasapen Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello.
I think the background is the most time-consuming part.

Tokyo by sasapen  
I painted the entire background of this picture, but the figures hid most of it!
I think it took me probably 15 or 16 hours.

Your painting is very detailed, so I can understand why it took you so long! Well done!
Ohhh P5!!!! Im curious of what was that background you made.
:iconnahzo:
Nahzo Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Day 242/365 Hotspring Episode by Nahzo  

This took me 5 hours to do. That's the longest I've taken on my art.
Hahaha it´s fine, spending more hours is not necessary a good thing.
:iconazurelly:
Azurelly Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
FF IV Story - A love as old as a Tree by Azurelly Defenders of the crystal by Azurelly Can't you hear its cry? ... by Azurelly

1 - Time taken - Total 2 months and 13 days (in an average period of about 3 hours á day)
2 - This one took a lot of time, too because of drawing every single panel separately
3 - I spent a lot of time because of all of the details in the background and avoiding that not everything is monotone. But I like the result :D 
Blue-Kachina Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
Yeap, as I keep saying, that Freya fanart is amazing!!!!
:iconhyliabeilschmidt:
HyliaBeilschmidt Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Virtuti in Morte by HyliaBeilschmidt   Cloudburst by HyliaBeilschmidt   Heavy Damage by HyliaBeilschmidt   A Strike from the Sea by HyliaBeilschmidt
These are the pieces that took me many hours, maybe around 15-20 I think?
1. It took long because I was trying to figure out skeleton hands as well as the rifle from this weird angle
2. The lines were for a copic piece which was for a competition for which I worked my butt off, didn't win anything :(
3. This piece was for an exhibition for my uni as part of my coursework which had to be architecture related and I'm not good with buildings or backgrounds but I tried my best to pass here
4. A request for my art blog, the gun boats and the stones on the ground took a long time, but so did figuring out the wind physics
:iconjuliamersmann:
JuliaMersmann Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
:iconalivbonano:
AlivBonano Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
Sunforest fairy tale by AlivBonano  

This is my first finished work that I actually published on dA (2014) 
I'm quite sure it wasnt the piece it took me the longest (because later on I painted a lot more complex images, even way to complex without a reason), but i do remember how that week long time (approximately...maybe even longer) lasted forever, because I had such a clear vision of what I wanted to draw,and it was soooooooo hard for me to achieve the feeling that I wanted.    

All the beginner drawings I had, I remember as time needed = forever. Now I think I spend a two maybe three days (read nights) per image, because it is somuch easier to focus on what I want to achieve, even without a lot of details (and also a huge thank you for newer versions of Photoshop and better pc performances xD)

:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago   Digital Artist
Mine take 6-8 hours on average, but then again i don't make masterpieces so it's not impressive. Longest was around 16 hours, but i did it in 3 sessions and it most likely doesn't look like it took more than 1 hour XD. You are probably thinking what took you so long?

Hakura in bikini by dqube  
:iconmlkfantasies:
mlkfantasies Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago
Well, it didn't take so much in absolute terms, but I complete this one in double of the time I took for any of my other recent works:
LUA - Study 14 - Wake up Iris by mlkfantasies

But in case you want to see something I've worked on for days, and you don't care if it's an "ancient piece of when I was young (in DA terms)" here it is :) 
Foolish Goddess' Misplaced Trust by mlkfantasies
it took days (of effective time I mean), I've corrected it hundreds of times, then I just grew tired of corrections and submited it :D 
Oh my!! So many information, no doubt it took a lot of time and effort!!!
:iconmlkfantasies:
mlkfantasies Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago
Yes, it was a nasty one :D 
Even now, two years later, although I think it's technically naive, I feel proud of it

EDIT: I somewhat double comment, sorry, I hid one of the two
:iconhobby-crafts:
Hobby-Crafts Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
None of my pieces to date are over 8 hours, but pieces in the past used to take up to a month. My longest piece took me 3 months :o (Eek), I was crazy back then.

This took 8 hours and kept absorbing time like a sponge going in and out trying to correct all the minute detail :( (Sad) ..
Fractal convergence by Hobby-Crafts  
:iconiamaclaesandihateit:
IAmAClaesAndIhateIt Featured By Owner 4 days ago
IDK the amounts of hours but I remember those as taking way too long.
Cityscape by IAmAClaesAndIhateIt   Infinite Road Trip by IAmAClaesAndIhateIt   Vaporwavescape by IAmAClaesAndIhateIt   ACADEMY final version by IAmAClaesAndIhateIt  
Yeah, there´s a lot of details, I can see why take so much time.
:iconiamaclaesandihateit:
IAmAClaesAndIhateIt Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Yeah maybe unnecessary amounts of detail. Also I'm in general very slow at drawing. It's one of the things I really have to work on.
:iconlionsong:
Lionsong Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Mother's Day Duck by Lionsong

Gods I forget how many hours it took with this piece, doing reflections on water just about killed me trying to get it to look right! Like trying to do an abstract painting of an actual object. Dead (RIP) I think I spent about a week working on and off it. 
Ohhh and the result is incredible!!! Good job!
:iconhobby-crafts:
Hobby-Crafts Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
This is nice..
:iconnoprayerfortheliving:
NoPrayerForTheLiving Featured By Owner 5 days ago  New Deviant Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Monsieur LeBlanc by NoPrayerForTheLiving  
I usually enjoy to fast-paint bu this one was a commission so it really took a while. The person loves it btw. :)
:iconcraftsbyblue:
craftsbyblue Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's an amazing amount of detail!

I draw at a snail's pace so I usually stop counting after I hit the double digits xD. Illustrations usually take 40+ hours:

Out of Memory - Equanimity by craftsbyblue   Out of Memory - Solace by craftsbyblue   Out of Memory - Emptiness II by craftsbyblue   

Comics - this is probably currently in the 20-40 hour range, it will increase after I start shading and adding more backgrounds:  

Out of Memory - The Promise by craftsbyblue   Out of Memory - Devour by craftsbyblue   Out of Memory - Fear by craftsbyblue  
:iconcranash64:
Cranash64 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
It took me 60-80 hours for each piece
En garde! (OC pageant2021 theme 6) by Cranash64   Time out (OC pageant2021 theme 5) by Cranash64   Per ignem ad sole (OC pageant2021 theme3) by Cranash64   Too confident, mister Vale (OC pageant2021 theme3) by Cranash64   The Inner battle by Cranash64   Red Carpet (modern AU) by Cranash64   Rain (2020 version) by Cranash64  

and this one took more than 100 hours
Full of love by Cranash64  
Woah, I can see why, so many details!!!
Add a Comment: