Hi, I'm interested in the Taino commission, but I would like some time to investigate it better since there is almost no imagery of them. I've seen you paid about $100 a piece, so I would ask the same. I believe you've seen my work before, you can take a look at my portfolio on the link below.
1) What is the Ancient Culture of your choice? Chinese
2) How well do you know the Ancient Culture/Civilization you have chosen? I have grown up learning about the Chinese culture. Anything I do not know that would be needed for the drawing would be studied within two days.
3) Do you have a sample drawing of a character of that culture you have done before? No I do not. Though I would be doing the drawings in this style and please note my work has improved sense these. [link][link][link][link][link] Though you can choose the coloring style.
4) How much would you charge us for the scene? $300 half up front half after finished.
5) How long would it take you to complete? For a detailed picture it would take 10-15 days maybe less.
If given the chance I will do the best picture I can for your game. It will be a major improvement on my skills as well. It will have a back ground from the time frame.
beachbeadFeatured By OwnerSep 23, 2010Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm just wondering what is your budget on this game? Also you are asking alot of artists to do different styles, if i was makeing a game i would only get one or two people to do the entire game, not haveing all theses people doing different styles.
I now see the size on your page. The link I was referreing to is contained here "It requires 6 Characters, 2 buildings and Background. It must fit inside the window were the two cartoon warriors are in this picture: [link]"
So i've been invited some days ago, are you still interested?
1) What is the Ancient Culture of your choice? Ancient Arab ( need any other?) 2) How well do you know the Ancient Culture/Civilization you have chosen? Enough to draw, i got some book references 3) Do you have a sample drawing of a character of that culture you have done before? [link] this is a sketch done in 10 minutes. Finalized art looks like this [link] 4) How much would you charge us for the scene? $400 5) How long would it take you to complete? 1 week starting when upfront payment is received ( but i can send you a sketch first.)
1) What is the Ancient Culture of your choice? I would be keen to work on either the Greeks or Romans
2) How well do you know the Ancient Culture/Civilization you have chosen? I've been obsessed with both since before I can remember, and have a pretty near encyclopaedic knowledge of Greek myth as well as a strong grasp of Roman culture. I have studied both of these cultures in historical, cultural, artistic and theatric contexts. Historical, cultural and theatrical studies were during the course of my Bachelor of Arts.
3) Do you have a sample drawing of a character of that culture you have done before? I do not, unfortunately all of my work pre-dating 2003 was destroyed and I have been focused on other things since then. That said, if you like style of my artwork but aren't sure if I'm able to tackle the subject matter I would be more than happy to whip one or several up.
4) How much would you charge us for the scene? I would charge you US$130, though this is negotiable.
5) How long would it take you to complete? one week minimum, three weeks maximum.
Hi, you sent me a message telling me you are interested in me doing the Ancient Arab culture scene for your FaceBook game. so here are my answers to the questions you asked:
1) What is the Ancient Culture of your choice? Ancient Egypt, Ancient Arabia, mayans... and then Ancient Greece, Persia, China. and a little of Ethiopia.
2) How well do you know the Ancient Culture/Civilization you have chosen? I liked to study ancient civilizations as a hobby. and I make my own researches about ancient cultures. mainly the middle eastern ones and meso-america. and I like the accuracy in the art portraying the ancient people.
3) Do you have a sample drawing of a character of that culture you have done before? yes, here are some posters I made: [link]
4) How much would you charge us for the scene? if you want very detailed characters/background, it can go to $450. if you want something less detailed, $150 will be fine. I prefer to get an upfront payment before to start the work (just to be sure the client will take the work once finished and my effort won't be wasted). I did/am doing so many commissions here in deviantART and you can see them in my gallery.
I prefer to work like this: - you send third payment upfront, I make the sketch and send you (I can change it or redo it as many times as required until you approve it) - you send the second third and I will add details and make the lineart. (if more details are needed, I can also include them.) - you send the remaining payment and I do the colors. if changes in colors are required, they will be done until you are satisfied with the final result. if you want some changes after the artwork is finished, if the changes are small and do not require redoing the sketch/lineart/colors, then they will be for free. if the changes are big and require big changements in sketch/lineart/colors, they may cost a little (depending on the effort needed for them) but you will be updated with the progress of the work so that the final result will be exactly what you have in mind and you will be satisfied about it.
5) How long would it take you to complete? it takes from 1 to 2 weeks (including feedback and changes)
I don't know if I understood well your question (correct me please if I am wrong) I choose to portray: The King as an Arabian tribe leader. The Queen as an Arabian princess. Bishops as a poet + poetess. Knights as Arab Warriors. (male + Female). Rooks as a palace + a tent. Pawns as some arab tribesmen.
ok, for the King, I can do Aretas IV (the Great Nabatean king). for the Queen, king Aretas' wife. for the bishop, I can make a poet (since poets were historians, soothsayers and propagandists in that time) maybe with some scrolls in his hand. in the other side, I can make a poetess with a harp. for the knights, I suggest one arabian warrior on horse and one arabian female warrior on a camel. as for the rooks, I think a palace of Petra and a tent from the desert. and pawns will be just some arabian tribesmen. just commoners, maybe a shepherd and a merchant (with some fabric and stuff).
I was thinking about daytime (especially that the palace and tent would look better under the hot sunlight) but having the scene at night won't be a problem at all. I can make a starry sky of the desert up behind them. I also can add some firelight in front of the characters to show their details better, if you like of course. how do you think?
The Sultan and his wife will probably be in the front. Beside the Sultan, It will be the vizir, and beside the Sultana, I'll draw the Prince or the princess. I'll draw two ghazi warriors instead of the two knights. For the last chest pieces, I can do two animal characters instead of humans. I'd really like to do a black panther and a tiger, because they are a part of the arabic culture. If I can't do animals, I'll make more research to find other human characters. What do you think about that ?
You're right, I talked about my basic knowledge about arabian culture. After some research, I discovered that the arabians were nomadic or semi-nomadic tribes before Christ. There was a king and a royal family. Actually, it's really hard to find informations about the antic arabian culture. Texts are talking about religion and war, but not about architecture, clothings or nobility's titles.
But I'll go to the library tomorrow, and I'll ask to my history teacher some informations. I'll do more research also.
I'd like to tell you my opinion; I think an image base on the nomad would be great ! You know, something like ''The desert travellers'' or the ''desert nomads'' or even ''the sand travellers''! And this is accurate. BUT, some arab people were from mesopotamia, an exotic contry, with jungle and such. So it don't fits with the concept of ''desert''.
So, after all this, I'd like to know wich ''kind'' of arabians you want for your game ? It will be easier for me to make more and better research about it.
You took one of my idea for the Indian scene. I'm really disapointed... BTW, you should have a website at least, because it looks really ''amateur'' (don't know how to say it in english). And I had to say that your artists are very good, but not at the same level and they do not have the same style at all... It's like day & night ! Anyway, I can't wait to see the result, may be it will turned out good even of the radical difference of style.
Tell us which role would you assign to each Chess piece in the structure example?
You must be historically accurate and make the scene look really cool. You must make sure that the buildings, characters and their attire are historically accurate for Ancient Arabian culture from the year 1BC and older.
Here are the works from other artists that have finished: [link]
Hi, you asked me if I was interested to do an ancient arab culture scene, and I really am ! If you choose me, I just want to know how much time I have to do this ?
By the way, here are my answers :
1) What is the Ancient Culture of your choice? You asked me if I could do the arab culture, but I could do also Chineses, Indians, Egyptians, Ethiopians or Persians.
2) How well do you know the Ancient Culture/Civilization you have chosen? Actually, I'm very familiar with these cultures because I always really loved them. I think they are so different from mine and very exotics.
3) Do you have a sample drawing of a character of that culture you have done before? Chinese : [link] , Arab : [link] and [link]
4) How much would you charge us for the scene? I really don't know... Less then 50$ for sure.
5) How long would it take you to complete? About 15 hours, so 2 weeks, Because I go to school and I have a job.
So voilą, hope you will considered my application.
PS. My first language is french, so I'm sorry if you see mistakes.
1) What is the Ancient Culture of your choice? China 2) How well do you know the Ancient Culture/Civilization you have chosen? yeah, it would be some scene like the three Kingdom,.. i have so much reference to explore it.. it'll be well done 3) Do you have a sample drawing of a character of that culture you have done before? it would be something like this [link] please see my gallery for the art style.. i could go for realistic or semi realistic 4) How much would you charge us for the scene? for the complecated scene would be around $400 or as low as $150 for less structure details.. 5) How long would it take you to complete? it'll be 1-2 weeks depends on the details
Hi sorry again for overposting, I see that my previous posts went through ( sorry again my internet has been laggy) thank you for contacting me, now that im sure that this post will go through i would like to go over some details with you.
1. what style / presentation would u like ? a sample would be great , if u dont have any samples thats ok.
2. When you say arab scene, do you mean enviroments? illustrations? characters?
3.My payrate depends on the amount of work/quality youre looking for and its very negotiable.
Ill start on this tonight, and please give me some contact information so i can send u some thumbnails on this scene.