Details

Closed to new replies
April 11, 2010
Link

Statistics

Replies: 102

Chiquita Banana competitor - Need logo and mascot

:iconderangedgraphiartist:
If your art is accepted, you could be famous World Wide!!

I need branding for my company which competes in the marketplace with Chiquita bananas - here's what I need for starters:

1) A 3 color (spot color - not process) vector logo similar to this: [link] but with a twist: instead of an oval, we're gonna use a vertical "rectangle" with rounded corners (radius corners). Here are the 3 colors we will be using: #3c75cc and #59b03d and #f8e36c and the boxes will be white - so we actually have 4 colors to work with.

2) If I like your style, there will be t shirts and other cool stuff.

3) We will need a Mascot too! Something cool like this guy: [link]

Name of the company is PanaPlatano - so work it into your draft rendering, ok?

We don't want anything too fantasy or cute. Think Chiquita, Fritos, Cheetos, Doritos, etc..
!
This product is going National and International - this could be your opportunity to be WORLD FAMOUS!!

I will need all graphics in vectors and preferably in .ai format (illustrator).

I will make payment(s) via Paypal. 50% when I approve initial renders (you may add watermark) and 50% upon delivery.

I have allocated $50 to the logo and $50 to the mascot. For a talented person, this should be a snap!

I expect maximum 3 render examples until we get the graphic to my liking.

Then, if I like what I see, I will give you the entire project: Logo, mascot, t shirts, etc..

I need this done asap...

Submit your renders

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconartofluba:
artofluba Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2010  Professional Traditional Artist
$50? What a joke!
And your point is that not everyone on DA is a professional graphic designer - I find that an insult to all the talented artists on DA. And I emphasize "talented".

Even the oh so wise vulgaris stated "What some places do is they'll collect all the "sketches" done by young artists then take them to a real designer, or have someone there make a logo based on them."

Here's what I find so amusing - while you guys waste your time spewing venom - the really talented artists are still sending me their quotes and portfolios while I send paypal payments to the supposed "amateurs" who rather create and are too sophisticated to participate in your childish smear campaigns.

Get a life... maybe flipping burgers!!
:iconmauricioestrella:
mauricioestrella Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2010  Professional Interface Designer
And doesn't matter how talented a person can be, being professional is something completely different.

Let's say... I'm sure you are very talented in something, could it be music, sales, design, ideas, writing, etc. But, are you a professional?

That was my point. What I stated is not an insult at all.

Also, I have a strong background to be able to tell you these things. I'm not a noob that came out of nowhere. I'm a professional on this area, a university teacher and a CRM passionate.

Good luck sir. You'll need it.
:iconjmringuet:
jmringuet Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2010  Professional Digital Artist
Get lost.
You are a liar and a crook. And a cheap one at that.
:iconcrossmirage:
CrossMirage Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010
Only people who flip burgers would work for cheapskates like you :iconimhappyplz:
:iconmeldraws:
MelDraws Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010
Someone would probably make more money flipping burgers than working for you :P
:icontearoomengland:
tearoomengland Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010  Student General Artist
shaZAM! <3
Thanks for your help!
Don't give up the fight!
tearoomengland Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2010  Student General Artist
Hell no. I mean, if people do want to work for him for that price, fff whatever. No skin off my back. BUT i want to at least warn them of what kind of asshole this guy can be. I mean really...
You're doing the right thing.
tearoomengland Featured By Owner Apr 17, 2010  Student General Artist
thanks, man. :3
:iconinsomniac013:
iNSOMNiAC013 Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010  Hobbyist
:highfive:
You have a serious problem with insulting people, mate. :/ Grow up. You won't be able to run a company for very long with the attitude you have now. Let alone one to compete with such a huge and well-known rival.
[link] Letting everyone know what a creep you are. :3 I wouldn't wish dealing with you on my worst enemy. Learn some tact and manners before you try and represent a so-called company again.
mauricioestrella Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010  Professional Interface Designer
This is an insult to professional graphic designers. I don't doubt you'll find your desired option for that price, there's always someone willing... but you'll end up with a brand developed through nothing else than amateurness.
[link] Artists Beware posting about this guy.
:rofl:
How I found him. =P

I assure you I have no plans whatsoever to offer my services to this jerk.
XD i had thought so but wanted to be on the safe side. It's amazing the kind of following that place has.
:lol: Indeed. Very useful community. :)
:iconvulgaris:
vulgaris Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010  Professional Traditional Artist
You'll find a lot of things like this on public art sites like DA, Art Wanted, ect... Its a company looking for work cheap. What some places do is they'll collect all the "sketches" done by young artists then take them to a real designer, or have someone there make a logo based on them. A lot of times after you have put in the effort they will turn around and go, "Sorry, we went with someone else.. No money for you!"

Your portfolio should suffice as examples of your work. You do not make sketches / proofs to obtain a job- You are hired and the sketching is part of the PAID process. If he wants to hire you he will have to pay a deposit for your time.

Please also consider the amount of research and work and the programs needed to construct a logo. 50$ = 10$ an hour for 5 solid hours of work. Depending on where you live you can obtain a shit-job and make 10$ an hour. For an experienced graphic designer working for a firm, a logo could be pumped out in 5-10 hours (and they are usually busting their ass, showing the logo in meetings, obtaining feedback, doing a back-and-forth discussion with their client). But I guarantee you they are making far more than 10 clams an hour on it.

((repost from an art community where we called out this bro))

Tl;DR - This is not a real art job and this guy is trying to take advantage of th'youngins!
I've been caught in that scam before, unfortunately, outside of this set-up here. Hours of work just to be told I wouldn't get paid for it. They're bloody unscrupulous.
Ahhh Vugaris, you are so wrong!

The finest talent available is right here on this site...

What you whiners and primadonna's don't understand is it's a global marketplace now.

Everyone from around the world can showcase their wares right next to yours.

Company's like mine employ great artists with G R E A T attitudes, mountains of P A S S I O N for what they do and who possess a P H E N O M E N A L work ethic.

So get off your ass, sharpen your artistic skills, adjust your attitude and become who you really should be.

BTW, there are tons and tons of talented artists on DA who say they will do the project for $50 and their work is S T U N N I N G !!

If you had half a business brain you would figure out that $50 today is $100 tomorrow and $1,000 later.

Ever heard of a "loss leader"? I seriously doubt it other wise you wouldn't have the time to whine, you would be creating!!

RottenMeat, you are so right on when you say: "You're pretty. pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty.... [long pause] Now fuck off and be pretty somewhere else. I'm bored."
:iconsomekindofheaven:
somekindofheaven Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010
Guys like CaboGuyMedia and DeRangedGraphiArtist (obviously the same person)
are seemingly just small asshole companies who are using deviantart only to get good ideas and designs at mini prices and then they sell those ideas to their clients at real money…
and they are telling the deviant artists that they can be happy with a few lousy bucks and that this would be the global market now…
FUCK YOU!
If globalisation in your eyes means exploiting talent then we will battle against you.
Artists unite against assholes!
Can't resist...

Hey, Mr. Unite the peasant's, let's purge the world of users and abusers, aka ~somekindofheaven; you wearing Nikes, carrying an iphone, sporting a Rolex (I rather doubt it), driving a foreign auto? Oh, and those designer hoodies and shoes - read the label, the stuff ain't made here.

Why not write the CEO's of those companies and tell them how badly they are abusing the hardworking folks who toil on the assembly line for peanuts. Those assembly line folks are happy to have a job and are actually improving their lives and the lives of their families. In fact, they are busy kicking your ass and making a name for themselves - and taking your jobs.

I rather doubt they are text-whining about how hard it is to make a living.

So power to the DA artists who design and create and excel wherever they may reside, be it Chile, Jakarta, Russia, Tokyo, Turkey, Los Angeles, Barstow, Albuquerque, Tampa...

What you dolts have totally ignored is, I don't set the prices, duh! The artists openly publish them in their profile... that's what really pisses you off.

So man up and quit your whining.... or lower your standard of living!
you say you don't set the prices? what do you call posting a $50/each budget then?
you're telling US to adjust our attitudes! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Way to ignore the entire point of ~vulgaris's post. :|

I wonder if your boss knows how unprofessional you're acting.
Namecalling and insulting those replying to your thread--negative or otherwise--does not put forth a good professional image at all.

If you're the boss then I highly doubt this little venture of yours is going to get you very far. :/
:iconrottenmeat:
RottenMeat Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010  Hobbyist Artist
[link]

I SUBMET I WIN RITE? WIN FEFTY DOLLUR.
:iconrdphoenix:
rdphoenix Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010
:iconwinplz:
:iconrdphoenix:
rdphoenix Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010

:iconepicwinplz:
Mmm, Burger King. :d
oh LOL!
art
totes
OK I SUBMIT I WIN

[link]
mauricioestrella Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2010  Professional Interface Designer
hahahaha damn
:iconhectorbustamante:
HectorBustamante Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2010
Check me out!

[link]
[link]

:iconcaboguymedia:
CaboGuyMedia Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2010
Badass artistry Hector - See my note..
:iconjun1art:
jun1art Featured By Owner Apr 16, 2010  Professional General Artist
hahahaha
Way to expose your second account, mate.
mauricioestrella Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2010  Professional Interface Designer
lol
:bow:
tearoomengland Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2010  Student General Artist
I'm really impressed by that harassing note you sent me. I love when potential "clients" call me no talent and ignorant and tell me to go get a real job flipping burgers.

Unless you like being insulted, I don't suggest anyone work with this guy. He's a cheapskate and verbally abusive.
:iconcaboguymedia:
CaboGuyMedia Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2010
Sure... go ahead and listen to this stalker ... who asked for her filthy opinion anyway?

tearoomengland, if you were in anyway talented, you would be working - you aren't - end of story. So you spend your time whining - waaaaaaaaaaa

If you were in the least bit talented you would have found out that I paid $800 dollars to one DA artist for the work.

I think you're pissed because the incredibly talented artists in Indonesia and Turkey and Viet Nam and Mexico are beating the pants off of you price-wise and they have sweet attitudes.

Mickie D's needs your kind of talent.
tearoomengland Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2010  Student General Artist
Excuse me, but how on earth do you know I'm not working? And what right do you have to trash on me like this? I merely called DeRangedGraphiArtist out on his completely unprofessional and inappropriate treatment of another artist, and me, on this thread. You need to grow up and get a grip and learn that NOTHING gives you the almighty right to treat people like filth.

I'm so looking forward to you and him both getting banned for harassment.
:iconserain:
Serain Featured By Owner Apr 14, 2010  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't worry man, samefag is obviously samefag. People like this make me sick.
:iconsomekindofheaven:
somekindofheaven Featured By Owner Apr 13, 2010
An international company like Chiquita would have at least a budget of USD 2000 – 5000 for the creation a corporate ID design (logo + mascot)...

And a serious professional artist/designer charges AT LEAST USD 80 – 200 per hour … a professional logo for a company similar to Chiquita can not be created in 1 hour…

Are you competing with Chiquita?
Add a Comment: