Details

Closed to new replies
November 29, 2008
Link

Statistics

Replies: 538

Twilight: Best romantic movie of the year.

:iconher-dark-prince:
Her-dark-prince Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008  Professional Writer
I saw it the other day (being a fan of the books), and I thought I was going to be disappointed. Bella didn't look like I imagined (too attractive) and Edward wasn't as majestic.

But I was utterly surprised.

I've never seen so much passion in a film. The chemistry was incredibly, Edward reminded me of myself and how I view society.

I bet everyone who saw it felt the same, I even made a poem dedicated to the move and book.

Thank you Miss Meyer.

Devious Comments

:iconmartypunker:
martypunker Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Hobbyist Artist
For massive flames and lack of a way to put them out.

:lock:
:iconohdearmilk:
Ohdearmilk Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Student Photographer
I Agree, i thought i was going to be Completely dissapointed by the movie, but boy was i wrong..
it was quite amazing actually.

About the only thing, i actually disliked, were the characters.
Bella was too... not attractive as i imagined?
and Edward was too STIFF... in my opinion.

but overall, it was quite good. !
:iconrosestrife:
rosestrife Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008
Ignorance is a very popular disease right now, isn't it? :lol:
Her-dark-prince Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Professional Writer
:unimpressed:
:iconrosestrife:
rosestrife Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008
:lol:
:iconthedeviantindigo:
TheDeviantIndigo Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Professional Photographer
I love Twilight, and the movie was fantastic. It wasn't like the book sadly, a lot of information was left out and they didn't do the book that much justice. However, as seperate and not comparing it to the book, it was beautiful :heart:

Ignore everyone who says otherwise. Everyone has their own tastes, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. But for all you people who do come in here just to bash us who do like it, your just being immature and disrespectful. Your only showing what kind of a child you really are coming in and making fun of something that we like, or bashing those who like it, or spreading hate and causing arguments. Its pointless, and you ovbiousely don't have anything important to do in your life then to spend your time mistreating others and trying to gain attention.
You are the only one who understands. Thank you.
:iconthedeviantindigo:
TheDeviantIndigo Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Professional Photographer
Your very welcome :)
:iconlatane4:
latane4 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree with you on this.
:iconsf58:
SF58 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Student Photographer
[link]

(watch the whole thing, dont just give up after the first couple seconds... hahahahahahahahaha)
Hahaha, very funny :roll:
:iconavskyggene:
AvSkyggene Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008
It was.
i watched this movie the other day (dont worry though, i didn't pay for it) and honestly i thought it was hilariously bad... more cheesy lines than any other movie i've ever seen... i saw no realistic "passion" or "chemistry" at all... just complete crap
if this even gets nominated for anything i don't even know what i'd do....
That's because you are shallow.
:eyepopping: :no:
hahahahahahahah what a hypocrite! In your own journal you said: "It's sickening how you all insult me without even knowing me." and then you go and insult me, someone YOU don't even know. And actually if i was at all shallow i would probably love twilight in all ways. It was one of the most shallow movies i've ever seen.
No 16 year old emo kid should under any circumstances be allowed to call anyone but himself shallow.
GROW UP

(p.s. at least i know what an operating system is)
Whatever. Bye.
no, i want to know what makes me so shallow and you so not
:iconstonepaw:
StonePaw Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008
"I bet everyone who saw it felt the same"

No, actually.

And allow me to reiterate why people are now "flaming" you.

Twilight is not a good book on a range of scales; mainly originality. It borrows from many elements and other medias Meyers has been exposed to including Buffy the Vampire slayer, Mormon standards, and television dramas. On top of it, Meyers claims Shakespearean plays have inspired her "vampire" novels in various ways, though obviously not quality-wise.

The movie is no different. Granted, it had a low budget, the poor acting skills of Jackson Rathbone (Jasper), Kristen Stewart (Bella), and many others, combined with the concentrated sappiness in Iron and Wine's "Flightless Bird" and the two hour length are not justified by any means.

Because Twilight has received a "Rotten" rating on Rotten Tomatoes and almost all members on this site (of forums anyways) are aware of it, your bold claim is actually politically incorrect. Thus, people will jump on it, especially since most of your topic is purely opinionated.

Despite all of this, Twilight will be receiving a sequel, not because it is, as you claim, "Best Romantic Movie of the Year", but because of the ridiculous profits at the box office.
If anything, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the best romance as it actually deals with practical relationships, rather than one that is made up of purely fantasy, infatuation, and enough holes to sink the Titanic.

Hope this clears things up.
Whatever, I don't care about what you think.
K
That you bothered to reply says otherwise.
:iconnixontech2071:
nixontech2071 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Hobbyist General Artist
Theres enough problems with this movie than just white-as-hell leading character.
:icongoldenbullets:
GoldenBullets Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008
I tried to read it, but goddamn, it was awful.

Although, I'm going to see the movie, my older sister is dragging me along and I need to get out of the house.
And anyone who can actually relate to character in such a shitty movie is fucking stupid. You even wrote a poem? [link]
:iconwrongplz:
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008  Hobbyist Writer
that was rather suicidal on these forums my friend.
:iconjust-like-shipwrecks:
Why do people fight in forums? Its stupid. Especially about this.

Steps for Success:

a. Voice opinion. Expect to hear opposing opinions.
b. read comments, see opposing opinion.
c. DONT RESPOND.

The key is to NOT ENGAGE IN STUPID FIGHTS. Need I say again, its stupid?

P.s. I loved Twilight, too. :]
:iconsaigokarasu:
SaigoKarasu Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
You're fucking kidding me...right?
:iconsane-intolerant:
Sane-Intolerant Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008  Hobbyist Writer
I actually just finished watching some trailers and clips, and I've got to say, I- HUKGWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUULLLLLGHHHHHGG :iconprojectilevomitplz:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME SOMEONE MAKE IT STO- BWALLLLLLLAAAAAAAUGGGGGGGAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCH :iconprojectilevomit2plz:
:iconrasec-wizzlbang:
Rasec-Wizzlbang Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconprojectilevomitplz::iconprojectilevomit2plz:
D'you wear a black armband when they shot the man who said "Peace could last forever"?
WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME QUESTIONS LIKE THAT WHEN I'M OVER HERE DYIN- HERGLAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUWGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHCCCCCCCH :iconprojectilevomitplz:
:iconprojectilevomitplz::iconher-dark-prince::iconprojectilevomit2plz:
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD GO CALL NINE ONE O- GLERRRAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLGHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAG :iconprojectilevomit2plz:
WHO WANTS CHOWDAH?
BLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

That gets funnier every time I see it.
FUCK YOU STEPHANIE MEYER. FUCK Y- BLAAAAAAAAAARGWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUULGGGGGGGGGGGGGH :iconprojectilevomitplz:
:iconvomitplz:
(1 Reply)
Good god man, WALL-E and EVA had more depth in their relationship than Bella and Edward...:unimpressed:
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
:no: Poorly concept-created story. Poorly concept-creation of Vampires, the whole story is center unnessasaryly around Bella when it didn't need to be. Poorly developed characters and piss poor executed story.
:iconsincerelystephanie:
SincerelyStephanie Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
Well, I never read the book(s), but that's because I'm not a fan of reading, and I never read Eragon and saw that movie and liked it. Plus everyone was talking about it and a few of my friends didn't read the books either and loved it so I went to see it and enjoyed it. All I heard was how it was a romance but I didn't think there was too much of it in there and I think we can all relate to it somehow, it was a good story.
:iconxenophotography:
XenoPhotography Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
the movie was good.

:highfive:
:iconcrazedpotato:
CrazedPotato Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
You, my buddy H-d-p, are the funniest person I have ever read the words of. Douglas Adams has nothing on you.

It's like, if somebody took all the funny that ever accumulated across the galaxy and condensed it into a topless man with the greatest bangs ever, that would be you. Right there. Holy moly. There really aren't words to adequately epitomize it, but I tried.

Oh wait you were being serious. Oh shit man. Here, let me help you out from under your rock. Forget your makeup, there's a world out there with some actual heartbreak. I'll even introduce you around if you ask nicely.

If you can read this, I'm trolling too. For attention, as fate would have it. Oh dear.
:iconlatane4:
latane4 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008  Hobbyist General Artist
after awhile the name calling gets tired and old. It's really uncalled for. You can't please everybody.

Try Reading:

Guilty Pleasures, Laughing Corpse and Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton

Also

MoonCalled and Blood Bound by Patrica Briggs.

Great series....
:iconpepperonideluxe:
PepperoniDeluxe Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
I truly did try to read the book. I really, really did. I went to the bookstore, bought a copy, made it past the second chapter, and sort of... gave up.

Why did I give up? Because it was bad. Just plain bad.

I'm actually perplexed as to how this horrid little festering piece of 'literature' got itself published, god forbid vomited onto the big screen, almost as though the bigwigs at gold crest pictures consumed the book and processed the bile they created from the undoubtedly terrible stomach virus it inflicted on them into a motion picture. It actually, physically, hurts me deep down inside that a production company would pick up this piece of filth, and say "Hey, this would make a great movie!"

BUT AT LEAST IT WAS BETTER THAN WALL-E!!!

You know, Wall-E, the animated motion picture that portrayed silent story experimentation the film industry has never seen the likes of since "2001; a space odyssey" (You don't even know who Stanley Kubrick is, do you?), but also backed it up with a love story that emotes itself so well. Much more than twilight, anyways, and Pixar was using character models that were never intended to show any emotion at all. Not to mention they were displaying how far we have truly come in 3-dimensional animation.

Hopefully, you have heard of wall-e though under that rock you have been living under. I mean, for some bizarre reason, you've managed to illude the fame of Alfred-godamn-Hitchcock.

Basically, it boils down to this. Miss Meyer took the concept of vampires, and sexually molested it. She raped it. She took everything that made them scary/interesting, and she REMOVED it, and replaced it with {literally} sparkles and good looks.

What makes a vampire scary? OH, it must be the painful longing for relationship that they can never have, despite them have good looks and functioning genitali- FUCK NO!!! A vampire is scary because it is a ghoulish, flesh eating monster that was once human but has since been rendered an emotionless, violent husk by an ancient and terrifying plague.

But why am I even wasting my time here? HONESTLY!? You are either a troll (lolnoathreeleggedgoblin i dunno wat a troll is) Or a very stupid, shallow, unreasonable person.

Proof?

Here is my artistic rendition of all your arguments so far.

THE ENTIRE INTERNET - "Godamn, your an idiot. A wrong idiot. And ignorant, too. Oh, look at us, we are providing a valid argument. Sadly it is in vain due to the fact you are a brain-dead, emotionally stunted drooling retard. Twilight is bad, so just hurry up and kill yourself."

~Her-dark-prince - "Whatever, bye."

But I honestly think you are a troll. A very, very good troll. If you are, I applaud you good sir, for bringing much lulz to the internets.
Your comment is pure win at this point.
Now, we wait for his reply.
:iconcourtney176:
courtney176 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008
Here. Have a "Rant Of The Week" award! For both fantastic and valid points.
:iconpepperonideluxe:
PepperoniDeluxe Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2008
:iconiloveyouplz:

I'd like to thank the academy...
:iconminiskirt:
Miniskirt Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
WIN.
:iconproffate:
proffate Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
Inb4 HerDarkPrince says "urastoopidhead"
:iconetherae:
etherae Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2008
Twilight sucks big hairy balls. End of story. Kthanxbai. :aww:

And this is coming from somebody who has read it.
Add a Comment: