Details

September 14
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Came back to DA after 13 years... I am lost lol

:iconcutendeadlyart:
CutenDeadlyArt Featured By Owner 5 days ago  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
Hello! 

I was on DA like 13 years ago and decided to start fresh with a new account since my old one was so cringe. I noticed sooo many things changed...  

Groups.. I am so so lost on these things. The groups used to be active but it looks like most of the ones I find are dead... I also randomly have some works do very well and others flop and I have no idea why that is either besides the tags? 

I would love it if someone could give some advice on growing in this new DA since the methods i used 13 years ago probably no longer work lol 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconbeckykidus:
BeckyKidus Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hello and welcome back to DA! Nice to meet you!
Some basic things on how to get known:
- Post art regularly (but quality over quantity)
- Be active
- Comment, fave, give llamas and watches to other deviants
- Use the Deviation ThumbShare forum (www.deviantart.com/forum/showc…)
- Post your art in groups, preferably large and active ones.
- ProjectComment is great for getting art critique!
Else:
- If you want to know other people, the welcome forum might be the place to be.
- I can also recommend the art forums for any art-related questions!
- DAWelcomeWagon has lots of tutorials about the site and how to navigate it.
- And, of course, have fun!
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me!
:iconvampiric-conure:
Vampiric-Conure Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Professional Traditional Artist
**Trots out into the thread with a 'WELCOME BACK' sign and throws confetti in a kermit-the-frog style flail**

LOL! I've been on for 15 years and it's.... changed over time. A LOT. Glad you're back!
:iconaverageearthfolk:
AverageEarthFolk Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Digital Artist
Cheers, CutenDeadlyArt! Welcome back! Your new gallery seems to be off to an explosive start. That's great to see! I think it took me a year to get that many watchers (which will make more sense if you look at my gallery, haha).

Yeah, a lot of the groups seem to have been abandoned, which is a shame. Makes it just that little bit more difficult for new artists to get seen on here. Still, there are...methods. Reaching out to other artists as you've done here is a good way. You can also connect with others by interacting with their work. Favouriting, handing out the good, good llamas, and commenting will get you circulating! Also, check out the Thumbshare forum!

Keep up the awesome work! You're doing great!
CutenDeadlyArt Featured By Owner 4 days ago  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
lol thank you!

Yeah back in my day of DA it was "submit your things to groups and woo!" now all the groups are dead LOL
:iconrosalinassoulmate:
RosalinasSoulmate Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Filmographer
Hey, welcome back! :wave:
Yeah, :devart: has changed a lot the past couple of years, let alone the last 13. I've actually been going through a lot of groups I'm in to see which ones are still active. I do think tags might have something to do with reception, as well as timing.
CutenDeadlyArt Featured By Owner 4 days ago  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
Thank you :)
Yeeaah looks like most are pretty dead since I have a lot of submissions in limbo lol 
:iconvelztar:
Velztar Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Welcome back to DA! I look forward to seeing more of your art.
:iconaqdrobert:
aqdrobert Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Select random profiles. Compliment. Give llamas. Favorite. Repeat!
lol that sounds a bit spammy but thanks for the input! 
:iconawsomejet3d:
Awsomejet3D Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Filmographer
Welcome back 
:iconriger44:
Riger44 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student General Artist
Yo! Nice to meet you! I draw and animate stuff.
:iconhobby-crafts:
Hobby-Crafts Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I get some feedback in the forum, plus participate in forum thumbshares whenever I can. Whenever I submit a new piece I receive favourites from my most active watchers. Whatever number of views a new piece attracts attention on the front page. 

That's it, dunno if that helps Shrug..  
CutenDeadlyArt Featured By Owner 5 days ago  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
oohh I see I see
I got like 50 watchers cause i just made this account like...2 days ago? lol guess its just a time game~
:iconhobby-crafts:
Hobby-Crafts Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Well I wish there was a formula for success but that really depends on you, accounts vary so wildly on here. 50 watchers over night would be considered blowing up. Keep going, see where it gets you, and don't compare yourself to others :) ..
Add a Comment: