Closed to new replies
October 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 143

Making premium memberships transferable again

:iconkeyblade:
Keyblade Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012
I was wondering why premium memberships are not transferable anymore, because years ago, when I moved accounts they were still transferable.

It would be great to have that back, especially since I have 7 months of premium membership, and I would like to move it back to my old account. :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvalasedai:
ValaSedai Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
While I do understand why they might have removed it (username changes etc) I don't think it would hurt to get this option back.
:iconsteffy-beff:
steffy-beff Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Could be a neat idea i suppose. But it can be abused as well. Suppose a hacker hacks into a premium account and transfers the premium to another account? What then?
:iconsonicthemeatball:
sonicthemeatball Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012
The Help Desk would be able to undo it.
:iconsteffy-beff:
steffy-beff Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I suppose so.
sonicthemeatball Featured By Owner Oct 28, 2012
I agree with this suggestion. I've been ridiculed for my point of view too many times. I should be a hero for my generosity.

Please may I spread the word about this suggestion? Maybe it'll help the admins see that they are wrong.

We deserve the right to care.
Keyblade Featured By Owner Oct 28, 2012
Go right ahead! Thanks!
Thank you. ^^
sonicthemeatball Featured By Owner Oct 27, 2012
Oh, please, PLEASE, dA, make this one happen!
I'd give anything to never have to be premium again. The guilt keeps me awake at night. And besides, I like banner ads.

Most people seem to think it's crazy to dislike gifts. So, for those of you who think so, I am not crazy. I simply care about my friends, and want one of them to enjoy the gift instead.

At present, the refund policy doesn't allow premium memberships to be transferred because the admins believe it would be fraudulent to remove a gift that someone else paid for. Well, here's my point of view, which takes several people's sides into account:
It's not a crime if the victim approves of it. In fact, in this case, it's generosity.
Likewise, if a very kind person told their friend, "Just take anything you want from my house," that would be giving, not stealing.

My friend :iconcelticpath: says it's noble of me to feel this way. She says it's the same principle as straight couples who refuse to get married until gay couples are allowed to.

Besides, this policy makes no sense, when you think logically about it. You can refuse gifts in the real world, so why not here? You can regift points, so why not premium memberships?
Sorry about the long comment.
:iconpeachkirbycutie:
PeachKirbyCutie Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I completely agree with you!! :)
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Oct 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:pointandlaugh:
What in particular is wrong with my suggestion.
:iconmoveslikejaggerplz:
No, really. Do you just oppose my suggestion because it's from me?
Keep telling yourself that. :pat:
Okay, sorry I bothered you.
:iconfairy-red-hime:
Fairy-Red-Hime Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
How about waiting to move accounts 'til your PM runs out? :shrug: Seems pretty silly to make a new account when your old one still has a premium membership.
Keyblade Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012
Why not transfer it over like it was done in the past? Sorry, but I don't feel like waiting 7 months.
Fairy-Red-Hime Featured By Owner Oct 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You should have thought of that before buying such a huge premium membership. D: Planning ahead is a very important life skill.
What if you want to give it to a friend? Did that possibility never occur to you?
Fairy-Red-Hime Featured By Owner Oct 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well obviously, there's that. But since a premium-transfer doesn't exist, it seems to me the last thing you do when considering changing accounts is buying a 3+ month subscription. Just sayin'. If you're going to move accounts, but it still as a subscription, then just give the old account to the friend.

And I seem to recall you were going to give YOUR account to a friend, but judging by your journals, that didn't work out too well. Enjoying your beta-testing status?
Not really.
Fairy-Red-Hime Featured By Owner Oct 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, it's only for 5 more months. I'm sure if you lie low you won't get another premium membership when it runs out.
Thanks, and I have so far. Also, I have a few alternate accounts.
:iconfelissauria:
Felissauria Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Why not just change your username instead of changing accounts? It's pretty much the same effect.
I have an old account that I wanted to return to, that's why. I got premium membership as a gift (when I didn't ask for it), that's why I want to move it over.
:iconfelissauria:
Felissauria Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Ah. Well given the response you've already received from staff it probably won't happen. :shrug:
It just might! I'm not about to give up. :D
:icontaiusquinn:
TaiusQuinn Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012   Digital Artist
I believe a contributing factor to it changing was because you can now change your username so easily. So changing accounts doesn't seem as convenient for many people.
If you'd like to clean your gallery, you can simply reupload all of your old work to your sta.sh, delete the old deviations, and change your name. That will successfully allow you to pursue a new more professional image if that's your intention.

The issue is that changing accounts normally is not for that intention. It's for things like drama, or just wanting to experiment and see if starting over you can amass the same amount of "dA Fame" as before.
And for reasons like those, you have the Help Desk. Which you can contact and request most of your PM transferred over, or given to another member.
Maybe so, but still, it would be nice to have that option again like it was before.

I have already contacted the help desk about this, but they won't transfer it over. :/
:icontaiusquinn:
TaiusQuinn Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012   Digital Artist
That seems very strange then, as I could have sworn multiple people I knew had it transfered. I suppose new moderator policies were enacted.
A few people I know of did have theirs transferred very recently. :( I'll keep trying!
:iconjayvonswagg:
jayvonswagg Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
DA wants to make money.
:iconkorvuus:
Korvuus Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Indeed.
That is true, unfortunately. >_>
:iconpit-bully:
pit-bully Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012
Yeah, same thing happened to me before I moved to this account. Only I had a 13 month membership, which stinks even more :'c
Ack, that's even worse! I just wish it was still available to do. >_<
:iconpit-bully:
pit-bully Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012
Same! D:
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012
Not a good idea.
Yes, actually, it is a good idea. What if you want to give it to a friend?
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2012
Then buy one for a friend.
sonicthemeatball Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2012
What if you can't afford it or don't have a credit card?
There are things called points.
You can't buy them without a credit card either.
But, you can work for them.
How do you work for points?
(1 Reply)
Why not?
1. dA does not make any money off of it.If people transfer their memberships whenever they want to, that means less money for dA to make off memberships. They rather you buy two memberships than transfer the membership. Also, right now, they might not be able to do so.

2. People can hack and steal your membership.If people can hack other people's account and deactivate it, who's to say they will not transfer your membership to their main? This also will probably get more people to hack said accounts.

3. What if you don't like your new account? Whouldn't that be a waste? I mean seriously their have been people who would go to a different account only for them not to like their new account.

4. Too much of a hassle. In order for you to transfer your membership, you would have to put in a ticket them wait for someone to reply, depending on how backlogged the help desk is, then they would have to take your membership and put it on the new one. This ends up taking long because of others wanting to transfer their memberships too.
It was doable before, and why should I have to pay more when I have already given them money for my previous account?

That's why there should be a security question, like most sites have done.

It was done in the past, and I have never had any issues with it before. I have never seen people complain about their account getting hacked and then the membership being transferred over to the hacker's account.
Just because you didn't see it or had issues with it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Also, dA was small too.
Just 3 years ago dA was small? I really don't think so. :/
Add a Comment: