Details

September 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

I landed someone a book I like

:iconolq-plo:
olq-plo Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
This book is something I often got back to in difficult moments, and I landed it to them for this reason.

After about a year when I asked for it back, they couldn't even remember it :[

So I guess I'm not getting the book back ? How do you get your back if the person doesn't even remember having it. 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Former friend played dumb when I asked for a book I had lent him...

So next time I went to his house, I stole the book back. He probably realized some time later.

Some peoole refuse to give items back. I have this good friend who always returns stuff on time. He is a rare gem
:iconzeppelinrose67:
Zeppelinrose67 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well you know not to lend out precious things, again.
Or evaluate how sentimental something is before you let them borrow it.

My friend did the same thing with a new book in a series that cost them about 50$ hardcover....lent it out to someone who claimed to share their love and passion for books and reading (they couldn't afford it and were begging for it after they'd seen it on the shelf). Now, this friend is a stickler for keeping things "like new" and in good condition, bitch never even cracked the spine of this book--after lending it out, it had been flattened, pages dog-eared, stained and occasional sticky-spots. 

Needless to say Friend was choked and we don't talk to the other one, anymore.
:iconshuqxx:
ShuQxx Featured By Owner 5 days ago   General Artist
I was once told that you should assume you'll never get a borrowed book back. 
:iconalydreamer:
AlyDreamer Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This happened to me as well. You're gonna just have to buy a new one if you can
:iconultimateridley:
UltimateRidley Featured By Owner 5 days ago   Writer
hire a samurai
:icondolphinbydefault:
DolphinByDefault Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Student Photographer
Borrow something in return, and don't give it back either, unless they do. They're never going to respect you otherwise, and they sure as hell didn't forget about it after merely a year. Crazy After that, tell them to go fuck themselves. Disgusting behavior, I absolutely despise such people.
:iconeyeballearth:
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I thought you didn't read books
olq-plo Featured By Owner Edited 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
What thz the fuck eclipse I struggled to reply to that on speech to text and my whole response is not here.

Yeah I don't read much but there's a type of reading I can do occasionally when it's not a continuous type of reading like with stories, this kind of book has sort of really short tiny chapters with small paragraphs it feels a bit like reading a threat it feels a bit like reading a thread, it's a self-help book so it just takes a few minutes of reading at a time not something I read with the goal of finishing it. I don't know how to explain it better.

Like when I was a teenager a teen I used to read some philosophy or medical books because with this format I can but stories or anything chronological I struggle.
:iconeyeballearth:
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
ah ok
:iconprincess-yeememiya:
Princess-Yeememiya Featured By Owner 5 days ago
i misread as "i landed on a book i like"

bunnyyyyyyy
:icontim-in-a-box:
tim-in-a-box Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Even if they don't remember the book should be /there/, if they look around they would come actross the book with this title/author that doesn't belong to them x.x badger them more for it >:T
:iconevilwraith666:
evilwraith666 Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Comment riding: I thought you didn’t read, I know you have problems with posture books require but you can read books on computers now, there’s audiobooks. Plenty of ways to still enjoy the written word.
:iconsmolwannabedoctor:
SmolWannabeDoctor Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Sir, it seems you are not understanding or reading this thread. It is not its content but the book itself holding sentimental value. We live in a consumerist society. Yet there is still emotional attachment to individual objects rising a product to the level of personal scarcity.
:iconevilwraith666:
evilwraith666 Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Well sure, but I find it weird for a person who doesn’t read to still value a book.
olq-plo Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay to be fair I didn't ask again
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
How many places can it actually be that they can't search for it? Do they have a library of thousands of books? The person you lent it to is a lying slug.
:icongreedymax:
greedymax Featured By Owner 6 days ago
Get to this person's home and search everywhere.
:iconthomasvandijk:
thomasVanDijk Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
It's been years, but this weekend my buddy finally returned the Matrix trilogy dvds he borrowed. He still hasn't watched them.
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
At least he returned it, but keeping so long, he could had least watched them.
Yeah I don't read much, sometimes I do with stuff that don't require a continuous reading unlike a story. This kind of book has short paragraphs in the shape of tiny chapters it does not go on for pages it's a bit like reading a thread.
:iconthomasvandijk:
thomasVanDijk Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Next level books: They mimic the writing style of social media comments, blogs and chat conversations.
It's not new, for example the format of The Dawn of Day by Nietzsche is like tweets.
:iconyangxiaofan457:
YangXiaoFan457 Featured By Owner 6 days ago
They are lying, how can you forget that you borrowed something?

But this is a lesson, never let people borrow your stuff. When it comes to books tell them they have to come to your place to read it or photocopy pages. They can't take it out of your sight.
SmolWannabeDoctor Featured By Owner 6 days ago
Does the particular copy have sentimental value?
Yeah in a way. 
SmolWannabeDoctor Featured By Owner 6 days ago
I see.. I learned as a child not to relinquish sentimental objects. Upon learning I would not get it back I would kick and scream and have a mighty tantrum until a parent reacquired the asset. If you are an adult you unfortunately can not default to this tactic so you must take it as a lesson learned. Or force the issue perhaps offer favors in return for them allowing you to search within their home.
You're like a mix of skorpan and trigional. 
SmolWannabeDoctor Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Are these Eunchs?
I did wonder if it would be weird to search for it myself in their home. 
Add a Comment: