January 5, 2019
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Looking for artist to make Warhammer 40,000 Artwork

:icondashofpepper:
Dashofpepper Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2019
Hey folks!

I'd posted this in "Employment Opportunities" because I'm looking to employ an artist, but got told that since I'm requesting that artists interview for the job by demonstrating understanding of the art setting, it needs to be here in the projects forum....so here we are!

I'm looking for an artist who can translate written requirements and reference pictures into an illustration, who can demonstrate understanding of the content, themes, and scale of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

The list of requirements, the background information you need to quote this work, and some samples are listed on a reddit post here: www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryWarh…

DeviantArt does not appear to support hyperlinking, so I have to drop the link there.

I do not need to see portfolios.  You can either do this work or you cannot.  

-Sketch ANYTHING that demonstrates that you understand what I'm asking for in my reddit request.

-Attach it here.

-List your price per illustration.

-Attach one picture of what a completed illustration by you will look like when completed.

I guess if I'm not allowed to post this in employment opportunities because it contains demonstrable compatibility, and the project forum is not allowed to have paid work requested....I will also accept free work...?

Devious Comments

Dashofpepper Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2019
Hello!  I have found several potential artists to complete this work, and am closing this thread because I am confident that I have found and interviewed sufficient talent to hire.
Dashofpepper Featured By Owner Edited Jan 6, 2019
Given the notes I've received, I should clarify:

The reason I am being meticulous about requiring that potential artists demonstrate UNDERSTANDING of what I am asking for is because the artwork I am requesting can be interpreted as offensive.  Curse word graffiti.  Giant men in power armor flipping the middle finger.  Babies armied with swords.  Being fired out of cannons so that they can go stab heretics. 

Several artists have contacted me, pitched their portfolio against the wall to see if it sticks, then after starting a dialogue, realized that what I'm looking for is either not something they CAN do, or not something they WANT to do.  That wastes both of our time.

Right now, I'm just trying to identify which artist I can hire for a body of work.  I have these requirements:

-Can read and understand English.
-Can draw.
-Understands what Angry Marines are (I've provided lots of examples, research,and context)
-Is willing to create angry marine illustrations.
-Can use words or a sketch to demonstrate that they understand those four requirements.

Thus far, I have only found one artist in the entire world who meets those four requirements.  There must be others.
Add a Comment: