Details

April 7
Link

Statistics

Replies: 298

How can Republicans compete in the future?

:iconsomeweebname:
SomeWeebName Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Apparently by reducing head count for voting. www.nationalreview.com/2021/04…

I find this an interesting take, not just because it's about a step removed from mask off racism with advocating for the disenfranchisement of felons who are disproportionately minority and targeted by drug laws at a higher rate as the "intelligent default position", ignoring the fact that once you've served your time you are considered rehabilitated by the state and shouldn't be subject to further rights infringement like denial of your say in government. But the fact how selective it is...to favor Republicans in elections.

Since the writer of this article is inclined to raise the voting age, perhaps we should look at instead ask why not a cap on it? Sorry, but 75+ aren't exactly going to live with the consequences of their vote so why should they have a say? At least a 16 year old is in it for the long haul. The issue with limiting votes becomes about questioning why they should be limited and asking if something in the opposite direction should be true? If a felon isn't trustworthy to vote, why? If a 16, 18, or apparently 29 year olds are too immature what about senile senior citizens that are still eligible? Or the ones who can't even realize the medicare and social security they're so fond of are government programs?

So my question for the people here, what is your view? Should we limit voting and why? What metric should people meet to vote?

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Professional Writer
The only way the Republican paryt can compete is to go back to its left-wing, anti-slavery roots. If there was a genuine left wing party in the US opposing the centre-right democrats, it would bring US politics into the 21st century, and give people a real choice.
:iconschwarzer--ritter:
Schwarzer--Ritter Featured By Owner 43 minutes ago  Student Traditional Artist
Democrats are centre-right?
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner 2 days ago
The fight republicans versus democrats is merely for the entertainment of the masses.

The actual politics both parties do is the same.

Same for the US media. Because Bill Clinton removed laws that made it impossible to own more than one newspaper or more than one radio station, decades later the US media are basically a big monopoly now, owned by a very small group of very rich people.
:iconnervene:
nervene Featured By Owner 2 days ago
Every time I think the left is a shitshow, Republicans never fail to remind me why there is no alternative.  'Hmm, well the whole election fraud and ballot recounting things didn't get us the win, maybe it's time we blatantly admit that democracy just isn't good? Have we tried that one yet?'

The part where they're pretending to be against corporate influence in politics, because of instances where it's working against them, is cute too.
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Student General Artist
It is almost as if their ideology is about power, nothing else, right?
:iconnervene:
nervene Featured By Owner 2 days ago
You know, you might be on to something.
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Edited 2 days ago  Student General Artist
Guess so.
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 3 days ago
It should be pointed out that another user commenting below once proposed having people barred from voting based on their level of intelligence so they're really not in any place to talk about restrictions.

Voting has always been a contentious matter and so has how votes are counted. People all the time talk about proportional representation but whenever I've seen it implemented it hasn't lead to less contention. Arguably, it leads to more. Brexit was a proportionally representative vote.

I think in many ways it should be contentious. It's when one party is comfortable and satisfied with arrangements that we should start to worry.
:iconmeliran:
Meliran Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
The issue comes from "shock" votes. Which is why having single elections is a problem.
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 2 days ago
What's the alternative to single elections?
Meliran Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
Tiered votes and runoffs. For instance, in Trump v. Hillary in 2016, it should've been 2-round. Since neither candidate received 50% of the vote, have a 2nd vote 3 weeks later with no candidates who received under 34% of the vote.
In Brexit, it should have had an exploratory vote and a deciding vote.
Meliran Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
Nope.

You have to have the voting age as 18 and older, unless you want to raise the draft age. So long as a person can be conscripted against their will to fight and die for their country, they deserve the right to choose the government which will make that call. Otherwise, you're essentially creating a tyranny.

It is important that everyone votes because the law involves everyone.
:iconsomeweebname:
SomeWeebName Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
This is spot on. For the current Republican party, people who are quick to use the "don't tread on me" tag from the revolution, the people in charge and supported by their voters are awfully in favor of going back to the whole taxation without representation days.

People should vote. Unless they don't want to, and in that case the only barrier should be their desire and not legal.
:iconclownhole:
ClownHole Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Artist
To BlacKKKbook. 
No I said that people should be educated enough to understand politics, and with this education, to vote effectively.
Your ilk would love to see the parties depicted as soccer teams on the back of a tabloid paper.
"Yay, lets vote for the blues, they are making the cost of beer cheaper!!!"
"Oi, I hate them French Frogs" Lets vote so the don't come ovva ere.. 
:iconsherbetcomix:
SherbetComix Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Make it harder for those they see as "undesirable" to vote, which is exactly the path they're taking. "Can't have those "urban" folks getting out and preventing another Trump in the White House!" is basically the vibe I'm getting from Georgia.
:iconjinksa:
Jinksa Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
 Let the left run wild. Let them go unoppose. Usually all faults of man appear once you remove all obstructions to his ideals. They are currently going there, attacking each other and just going more and more left in attempts to climb of the virtue power hill and not getting an reflection on their action from an idealogical opposing side. The middle will collapse to the right once they see that there is no room for them with the radicals.
:icondumbledoreaskedcalm:
Let my dick run wild! Let the Clownhole and I fuck up the forums unopposed! The forts  of men and the balloon tit monsters of Clown’s Gallery will arise along with Assclowns and Fucknoses and fucking people into donuts in prison!  The Turks are an obstruction to his ideals! Wolfworthzero has eaten the three little pigs! RainofAutism has fucked all the sexy nuns! Paracunt99 has been exiled to the netherworld of 4Chan! Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne!
Jinksa Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I guess its was about time you showed up. Its like after the 3 horseman of doom, finally pestilence show up on an mule.
DumbledoreAskedCalm Featured By Owner 1 day ago
Thatís rich considering how dull and boring the forums have been with out me! And hey you grew some wit! (Among other things.... Yeeeeuck!) Now isnít that beter than slinging the same old childish insult? Oh Iím Dumbledore, so I must be Dumblebumble! Oh reaaaaal original! Even a blind monkey could come up with that!
You know you have not earn the right to be treated as an adult? How many times you came out of the blue with some moronitty ....Sorry Dwibodumbo, but you have given away any right to be treated as an person since he chosen to be an troll.
Clownís right, you are a slimy Turkish bitch and have forfeited your right to be treated as an adult because youíre not witty or clever with your insults. If I wanted to hear from an asshole, Iíd fart. Iíve heard worse insults from better trolls than you. Maybe instead of wasting my time calling me Dumbledork or Dumbybum, graduate from kindergarten first before you play with the big boys. You are snivelling smooth brained troglodyte. Iíd insult your late wife but even I think thatís too far, plus she left this world after having to live with you.
Ah yes, I can see how you are better. Being the buttmonkey of an troll who follows around in hopes to pick some lols. And at least try to insult the proper person, my mother is dead . But guess like an gold fish, your memories goes for 2 second.
Insulting the wrong person? Or was I implying youíre an incestous hick married to his own mother? The insult blew over your head as you were too simple minded to consider I predicted youíd catch me out on my mistake. Oh and you are not funny my friend.... youíre just sad... No one agrees with you here. Oh and read an encyclopaedia once in a while goldfish dont have three second memories... thatís a myth...
(1 Reply)
ClownHole Featured By Owner Edited 1 day ago  Professional Artist
Quiet, you slimy Turkish bitch. Your humor is as apparent as your drawing skills. 
Ahhhh, where is the ass is, soon the shit will follow. Hello, trololo, came again to show me how you fail at catching anything which would annoy me:)
ClownHole Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Professional Artist
Pfff. What a cunt you are!
(1 Reply)
:iconjasesaster:
Jasesaster Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You forget there are other parties and political ideologies other than democrats and republicans right? Corporatists are still smart enough to trick dumb left wingers with company support on something woke and trick dumb right wingers with televangelism. You talk like all of twitter is actually 100% IRL left wingers. You need to get out a little more mate, get a hobby.

Jinksa Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You would be correct if the left was not fully occupying the major institution, 90% of media and left idiology is fed in university. Televangelist are dying breed . They can only bring those who are already religious. If said that about the 80s or the 90s, you would be correct, but if you talk about now days you would be spouting truths which were true 20-30 years ago.
:iconsmithnikovat:
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner 1 day ago
 >>Televangelist are dying breed . 

The fact that they're riding in Gulf Stream jets and living in houses the size of my TOWN speaks otherwise. 

You ain't in the United States. I am. 
You think that is fortune? Guess again you have not went to any big city in a long time since you feel somebody with an Mansion means he has power outside of your small community.
Kenneth Copeland literally had frequent dates and conferences with the President of the United States. That's power. Trump also had another televangelist in his cabinet. Try again.
And his the same net worth value as an TV news anchors. If he is successful in his society then I don't see why should we focus on him. He is selling an message and there people ready to buy it. That is an American thing.
Uh, no, Copeland pulled in way more than any anchor. Know any anchors that owned their own private Gulf Stream class jets?
And I DO focus on him because he's a goddamned grifter who preys on old and/or insecure people not wanting to go to Hell, so they throw money at him. I've seen the results up close of people who think sending their entire SS check to the man gets them a slightly nicer mansion in heaven, and it's infuriating. Pardon the FUCK out of me for not liking to see people conned out of what little money they have! Maybe you find it funny, but I don't. If that IS an American thing, it's something to be fucking ashamed of.
(1 Reply)
Jasesaster Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Democrats are a majority for a reason. Right wing ideals aren't that welcoming unless people learn to sell it well or worst case scenario love bomb a person to switch sides like a cult. I wanted to give right wing ideals a chance but why would left people side with the people who are anti gay marriage, anti trans and transition, hypocritically oppressive towards other religions but Christianity that is unquestioning towards the problems the US has unless its problems they can pin lefties on? I don't want assimilation in this country I want multiculturalism. I'd be more accepted as a Hijab wearing Muslim who is a trans pagan witch in a place such as California more likely than being accepted as simply being trans in any of the confederate-sided states like Alabama.
I see where you come from. but only because you have disagreements on subject you must towards the polar edge of the left? I mean our society has grown sooo Narcissistic that is sickening from time to time. Also the left really dropped the ball on acceptence, which is funny that is picked up the right(even thought slowlly). Also you can enjoy multiculturalism, but you must also realise when taking that idealogy you are in way forcing people of other cultures into it since you have made it dogmatic akin to what the right were doing and even more zealos then before.
I would point out that conservative don't hate the left only because they are gay or Trans, but because they are so open about it and becoming suffocating to an person who does not want all the time be pushed somebody else sexualities. In other words the left is pushing sexuality public while the right is pushing sexuality to be more private.
Also I would like to answer me this. How in hell would an person who is of the faith, be as well of an faith which has clear writings about it.
Jasesaster Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have strong disagreements on such ideals cause they don't collide well with freedom of speech, religion, expression as well as left ideals. The highlights of right wing ideals are basically less gun control, conserve churches tax immunity, against gay marriage, restrict abortion and less government (Even though most republicans voted for a guy who promised more police). Sounds very freedom loving if you ask me.
How multicultural you think you can tolerate? What is the fine line here? are you saying you don't want to enter a Japanese restaurant or teach non-american history to kids? Cause I don't see a problem in learning about someones culture. Actually it helps a lot in not being racist or insensitive. I don't want to learn about American history but I am forced to cause my citizenship is dangling out of my reach still. Is it fair for me to learn something a good portion of Americans won't fully recollect or know? At least learning about other peoples culture in the US is an option, not a systemic obligation for non-native citizens.
That is wrong. Conservative Americans have a thing against gays and trans cause its not normative to the traditional family values they've been brainwashed with. The only thing I can give you credit is that they tolerate LGBT stuff as long as they don't publicly show it. Whats wrong with showing love? I see straight couples kiss all the time in public and I don't hear anything coming from that.
Can you rephrase your question? It's missing a few words which makes it hard to interpret.
Again you are shallow as any of your groups.
The right does not collide well with any excess of freedom of speech , religion and expression of ideals. That is because most right-wingers are pushing selflessness while the left are pushing egocentrism(I will repeat it this a lot here).
Again showing you left thinking. You are ready to destroy cultures only force those you like. This is colonial thinking.
Let me give you an example in way of songs to show you the difference between the two group and where they come in and clash,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgwrdYUQ2A Joe Cockers- You can leave your hat on. vs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsm4poTWjMs Cardi B- WAP.
One is subdue and does not need to scream its message out loud and does not need to use sexual appeal in excess. The other brash, perverted and screaming about what it wants in an narcissistic way. Both songs have the same message, but one is subdued in way to allure what it says without being in your face and suggesting a bit more mystery by not being this barbarically blunt about it. The other song just took out its dick, slap it on the table and demanded you suck on it. I hope you see my message. The conservative side of the dilemma won't mind your sexuality if you did not presented it in such an narcissistic way. The right was always about sacrifice of self by your own choice for the family and nation(in that order) and the left was always for excess of freedoms no matter the cost. When one of those is not balance the other side goes out of its way to dominate and collapse society.
Please think about it. You slap the Traditional value fact without thinking , why would somebody want to protect that. The right are not brainwashed, but come from an society which understand that they are not the center of the universe and need to live with multitude of people. The left is plunged in this narcissistic wave where they need to be in the spot light, they need attention to them, they need to be excessive so they can bring as many eyes on them self as they could. They are so self focused that they would see the right's selflessness as an attack on them, because they refuse to see it through other people's eyes how their behavior affect society, Ironically the left has started to show no tolerance towards anybody who does not applaud their self indulgences and their own ideas, which in the past was very much an right wing thing to do.
TLDR: The left have plunged down in excess of self worshiping which brushes badly against the right selflessness and ideals of self sacrifice(the foundation of the family unit).
And for the last question:
You seem to be wishing to spread cultural awareness by spreading the mangled remains of another cultures religion and present it as that culture. Its little unsensitive towards any person who actually represent that culture to see part of their heritage presented as an non-religious. Do you think any religious group would like to see their traditions mangled by an outsider, chewed out in their version and presented as the groups culture?
Jasesaster Featured By Owner 14 hours ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The mask of kindness has fallen off eh?
"The right does not collide well with any excess of freedom of speech"
Then they should move away from America if they are too narrow minded to let other people enjoy their freedom of expression. I'm not sure where the "selflessness" thing you mentioned is coming from cause that is a straight up oxymoron if they don't want to let other people do their own things.
Are you seriously throwing the subjectivity of music in the field? I can easily contradict this stupid argument with giving you any Queen song like Bohemian Rhapsody compared with some turd porn music like Vanilla ices' "I love you". Having this specific argument will lead us in circles. By the way let people enjoy whatever fucking music they want. I think Polka and country music are majority bad yet is popular but I know pop music can have shit songs a lot of people like as well.
The brainwash comment is for those who aren't willing to be open minded about anti-normative ideas and straight up want to restrict them. Republicans and right wingers are significantly loud and proud, left wingers are barely if not, not at all proud of the united states as much as right wingers. Which is not a bad thing but right wingers are ignorant elitists who think the US is the greatest country in the world regardless of the mafia like insurance companies, the self destructive behavior in voting for Trump (For non business/tax related reason in which were nulled out by his pandemic reaction), the shitty healthcare that was mocked by places like Norway. NORWAY! how embarrassing.
Are you saying this to me personally? Cause I ain't one of the legit Wokescolds which I won't deny exist that are pieces of shit that is what I agree with you. Those kind of people are putting words in my native language that shouldn't be. However only a small portion of those jackasses exist enough for me to care. Keep in mind culture and religion are two different things and you are mixing them up together in your question(They can influence each other but they aren't synonymous).
I should probably tell you I used to be more right wing and slowly became centrist than turned left once January 6th hit. I hate SJWs and tankies and still do.
(1 Reply)
 >>That is because most right-wingers are pushing selflessness while the left are pushing egocentrism

Then why are Objectivists, by a vast majority, politically right wing? 
(1 Reply)
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Ha, this is very similar to what I think sometimes about these groups. Just let their little revolutions... play out. See how quickly people tire of their nonsense, realise how hollow it really is when you get down to brass tacks.
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 2 days ago
lol at the "your ilk" comment. God, what a freak. Unfortunately for you, your dim wit is not something of your ilk, Clown, you're a stupid dipshit all on your lonesome. No need to drag people down with you.

Stupid moron can't wrap his head around the simple fact that he'd basically make voting a pursuit of the elite. Moron thinks the poor are on equal footing to the wealthy when it comes to education. That's right folks, money isn't at all a factor in the education system. God, I'm lectured by this moron about knowing things yet he thinks if you're dirt poor you have all the educational opportunities of someone who goes to Harvard, what a chump!
Well this is the problem with people at universtiy. They think they have all the answers when people who have left university provide the actual answers for peoples problems since they have joined society and are not in their little isolation tank. 
ClownHole Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Artist
Quiet, the adults are talking.
Oh Hi, UsedHole, Still battling Wolfie and failing I see.
If you want to call it that. He is more resilient than you are tho, Mr Dusty Turk.
He is....He is yet to find that beneath you are shallow as your art. Nothing but hooks and nothing of potential. I prefer to speak to my dog, then you. At least the dog can form an coherent responce.
Thanks, I am glad you love my work. And are you admitting that you have sex with your dog as well as fucking the ashes of dead people?
We both know you don't care for the truth, since you are a lie from top to bottom. You would say an thousand lies so you and Dumbodoofus can have an gaggle. But at least everybody knows that you have nothing to say but lies. Everything you say it irreleven, due to your nature to cloth your self in lies and deciets.
ClownHole Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Professional Artist
Turkish is difficult to translate, eh?
Say again, in English please!
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: