Details

February 22
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

My Political Standing Explained!!

:iconfernshiine:
Fernshiine Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Writer
Okay so most people think I'm Republican because of the fact I'm a Christian housewife woman who thinks that the way Democrats acted was wrong, but honestly I am not. I would like to say I am apolitical but I do get invested with political discussions so I'm not, obviously. So I came to tell you the results of my tests and explain my views.

I took a few tests and got put on the Democratic side, something like "religious-oriented democrat" or something? I don't remember but that sums it up.

My problem isn't their ideals. I think both Canada (my country) and the U.S are in a terrible state and, yes, I do blame it on the government...but it is partially the citizens who have caused it too. The reason I berated democrats this election is because they acted horribly, at least online from the perspective of a Canadian.

Anyway, here are a list of my views:

-Racism isn't "systemic" as people would like to believe, but I believe classism is. I believe racism is an issue that individuals have. Some people are racist but it is not the entire system, just people like individual cops and such who are. Also, from a mixed perspective who has asked my black father, no, dreads and afros on white people are not real racism. I think people just don't understand in this day of age...real racism is different lol.
-Women don't need feminist these days. We have reached equality...ish. Except now women who choose to be housewives are shamed instead of the other way around, depending on where you live.
-Democrats are too hateful at times and make it hard to feel empathy for them, whereas the Republican viewpoint of people's self worth relying on success and such is plain dumb. 
-Homelessness is the biggest issue in North America and if people think they're being oppressed when, like, someone just says a joke about feminazis or gays just remember homeless people are, like, not treated as human okay? Thanks. 
-Affordable housing acts need to be put in place. 
- I don't believe in abortion unless it is absolutely necessary to the health of a woman. Since so many people's excuse is money and the cost of giving birth, you'd think maybe they'd advocate for free birth in America instead?? In Canada it is...so...yeah? Now that is a woman's right!
-There's no excuse for the U.S not to have free healthcare if you've read how Canada got ours. 
-Classism and albeism are more systematic than other forms of oppression and ya can't change my mind. In fact, the former is undeniable...
-Trump's laws did help slow the curb of human trafficking. 
-I understand the need to "flatten the curve of covid" and stuff...but...their laws are taking away rights, especially the right to visit family. 
-Better schooling. Better schooling is a must. I hated school so much because of the abuse of power. 
 -Churches shouldn't be taxed like people think, otherwise people would have to pay to go to church. Since churches do a lot of the fundraising and volunteering as well, it is good they are free for everyone! As a kid, I went to church mostly to volunteer during events and stuff like helping hands or watching poorer children at a drop in place (10/10 recommend!) Having it free to access is amazing and empowering. 
-Sex ed should be mandatory but at the same time not before kids are old enough to be ready for it. I learned at age ten...no, just no. Also, I have no qualms with the way it is taught but I do think there should be more time taken to teach it, at least in Canada.
-The idea of BLM is good but the movement itself did some pretty horrible things last year, with not much to show for it aside from a ruined city. I think that people should fund other anti-racist movements aside from the main one that everyone heard about last year. The strict anti-violence ones.
-

Anyway, my views are just...individual. So there. I don't take sides and I would probably be non-confident or independent in my votes. It depends on the person running. I thought Hilary and Biden were both...not good, with Trump being better despite his arrogance. Also I heard Biden just say rude crap and hsi son is a pedo. I hate pedos. Frick pedos. No pedo leaders for me, thanks. 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icondraggah-n:
Draggah-N Featured By Owner 5 hours ago
Being apolitical is not a virtue, quite the opposite actually.
:iconagoraphobichobo:
AgoraphobicHobo Featured By Owner 2 days ago
1: On systemic racism: "The law prevents both the poor and rich man from sleeping in the gutter." That's the point of systemic racism, certain policies are either built to, or unintentionally, hurt minorities more than white people. This is very, very obvious when you look at voting laws, with things like voter ID laws being immediately followed by DMV closures in traditionally black neighborhoods.
2: On feminism: As long as women make 80 cents on the dollar, and see misogynist harassment campaigns for existing, we need feminism as a movement. 
3: On Democrats being hateful: Democrats being more than a little angry about Republicans actively, openly courting white supremacists and nazis should be the kind of "hateful" everyone can get behind. 
4: On Homelessness: It's not the largest issue. It's an issue, sure, but definitely not the largest. 
5: On housing: Agreed, but that would mean getting speculators out of the market. 
6: On abortion: all arguments that are not a blanket ban on abortion boil down to "let us punish women for having sex." That's not cool. 
7: On healthcare: Also agreed. 
8: Classism: Well, if I can't change your mind, why bother?
9: On Trump's laws: There's a large number of children being adopted from ICE facilities by Evangelicals. By breaking up families in such a half-hazard way, he actually set up a cottage industry for human trafficking.  
10: Flattening the curve: There is a lot of precedent for enforcing quarantines and restricting movement during a pandemic. Your right to freedom of movement does not give you the right to spread a deadly disease. 
11: On schooling: very, very few people will say that schools don't need improvement.
12: On taxing Churches: In the States, there's a bedrock principle of "separation of Church and State." Meaning? Churches don't get to endorse candidates. Many, many of which have used the current political landscape to ignore this rule; so I would feel totally justified in them losing their tax-exempt status, especially because they're less Churches and more businesses. 
13: Sex Ed: Would be mandatory, except for Church interference in creating abstinence-only programs.
14: BLM: When the police response to "hey, police brutality!", is more brutality and no accountability, I would not expect it to turn out pretty. 

Honestly, your political viewpoints can all use a bit more education into why the things you oppose are actual problems. 
Fernshiine Featured By Owner 18 hours ago  Professional Writer
Nah fam I live with my heart. Those are how I feel about them, which in turn affects how I think. I'm a woman, so of course by nature my thoughts come from my innermost emotions, not vice versa.
Abstinence only programs are alright in my opinion, from experience. The less pressure people have to deal with regarding that (especially us ace-category folk!) the better it is for everyone.
As for as taxing the church goes, church should always be free. If you taxed that people like me wouldn't be able to go to church if I moved to the states and they wouldn't get to volunteer as much. I think instead churches and businesses should just have to take a pledge to be apolitical and not endorse the use of propaganda. In all honesty, I curl my lip in disgust when I see a church discuss politics and choose a side, no matter which side it is. It's annoying, is what it is, and not what Christianity, or simply trying to follow God, is about. I could go on a rant about that sometime. Goes for businesses too, it's just scummy. An immoral thing to do overall. I don't even know if such a thing is permitted in some places, but good riddance if it isn't.
As far as covid, the restrictions are too much. I thought I'd be living with my partner sooner but, nope, the restrictions have prevented that! Have prevented him to even work, actually, to help the two of us secure a place when he can get here (preferably a townhouse or apartment since I'm not physically well enough to keep up with maintenance right now). Have prevented me from getting healthcare as well earlier this year. Once they do that and get in the way of family, relationships, etc...it's just hurting people. Out here you have to pay up to $2,000 for a hotel stay if you are tested positive for covid for "quarantine", even if you didn't stay at a hotel and came to, hmm, visit a partner or sibling. Because that's totally an affordable price for people needing to see family for mental health reasons. Mhm.
Furthermore, you are supposed to get tested if you suffer one or more of some symptoms like headaches and fatigue, despite those genuinely being something people get on a common basis.
And homelessness is probably the largest human rights issue in North America and it is an embarrassment to us as a nation that it still exists. Nothing violates human rights more than being denied shelter and food. People with full time jobs can be found homeless. I'd say child abuse is a close second, though, if not just as bad. Both are heinous.
:iconagoraphobichobo:
AgoraphobicHobo Featured By Owner 5 hours ago
Abstinence only programs are alright in my opinion, from experience. The less pressure people have to deal with regarding that (especially us ace-category folk!) the better it is for everyone.
These programs coincided with a large increase in teen pregnancies where they were implemented. They are not good.
As for as taxing the church goes, church should always be free.
I hate Churches endorsing political candidates much more than I like giving them tax-exempt status. Anointing leaders as "God's choice!" creates a political landscape where opposition is the devil, and everything grinds to a halt because compromise is impossible if the opposition is evil. Yeah, there's a reason why we have the penalty of losing tax exempt status for endorsing candidates.
And homelessness...
Is less of an issue than mental health availability (#1 reason people are homeless). Less of an issue than the prison industrial complex (breaking up families and creating generational crime issues). Less of an issue than...
...I don't disagree that homelessness is an issue, I just don't think it's the biggest human rights issue the US faces.
:iconenryoalpha:
EnryoAlpha Featured By Owner Edited 2 days ago
-There's no excuse for the U.S not to have free healthcare if you've read how Canada got ours.
That's pretty funny, since many Canadians are going to America to get treated for Covid or get the vaccine, or other medical issues, and then are being imprisoned by Canadan police for quarantine when they come back, and these same Canadians are going to America because the wait times for medical care are shorter than in Canada.
Whatever would they do if American Medical care was rationed in the same way Canadian medical care was?  Besides, it's not a good idea to give your medical information to the government, who can use it to exploit you, or woo you for votes.

-I understand the need to "flatten the curve of covid" and stuff...but...their laws are taking away rights, especially the right to visit family.
They're not "laws".  An Executive Order has no lawful power over anyone but government officials under that executive's jurisdiction.  Only a legislative enactment can create a law that imposes a duty or a requirement on a regular person, and as far as I am aware, there are no such legislatures making any such enactments.

-Affordable housing acts need to be put in place.
Why not just let people build cheap houses that don't comply with every single minute construction regulation- then the price of houses will naturally be cheap and affordable, instead of subsidising the market with tax payer money that will support the high prices that are required in order to remain legally compliant.

-Homelessness is the biggest issue in North America and if people think they're being oppressed when, like, someone just says a joke about feminazis or gays just remember homeless people are, like, not treated as human okay? Thanks.
One of the reasons Homelessness is a problem because no one is allowed to own their own property anymore; if you have to pay a tax to remain on your land, it's not your land-it's the government's, and you're just renting it from them.
:iconsoftsoundboy:
softsoundboy Featured By Owner 13 hours ago
"That's pretty funny, since many Canadians are going to America to get treated for Covid or get the vaccine, or other medical issues, and then are being imprisoned by Canadan police for quarantine when they come back, and these same Canadians are going to America because the wait times for medical care are shorter than in Canada.
Whatever would they do if American Medical care was rationed in the same way Canadian medical care was?  Besides, it's not a good idea to give your medical information to the government, who can use it to exploit you, or woo you for votes."

50.000 of Americans die every year because they didn't have enough of money to get a proper medical help.
500.000 of Americans go bankrupt every year because they couldn't afford to pay medical bills.
1.900.000 of Americans every year are medical tourists, seeking for medical help in other countries. 10% of all medical tourists on this planet are Americans.
US 'medical tourists' seek cheap health care abroad (medicalxpress.com)

25% of all medical procedures done in American healthcare system were not needed, but they were done to ramp up the medical bills and to rip off people.

American healthcare is a shit show and the entire world knows it, except Americans.

Fernshiine Featured By Owner 17 hours ago  Professional Writer
Actually having medical information given to the government can be beneficial in some sense. It was nice having a phone call with my caseworker and her already knowing I was diagnosed with two major issues without having to explain in order to get free therapy and access to migraine medication (which works surprisingly well for me as long as I take it before nausea sets in).
I do admit wait times suck but as far as I've seen that's the only downside. And as for the covid thing I haven't heard of that. But medical care is a human right. Lack of it just leads to suffering a lot of the time. My parents woulda never have been able to afford taking me to the emergency room when I was in sudden pain and the nurses were very empathetic and cheered me up, giving me warm cozy blankets to lie under while I waited even. I didn't have a bad time there at all, aside from the obvious being in immense pain.
Also out here you can get beaten up by security for not wearing masks. If they mandated vaccines...yeah, imagine that. I don't think it's possible though. The inability to visit family is frustrating though. I haven't been feeling well mentally so seeing family and not having the government shove their stupid noses into what people do in their own houses would make me feel at ease.
And there's no excuse for the high price of housing, since it did use to be cheaper. I mean most people who disagree actually probably live in their own house that they bought or rented out and cannot understand the pain. So. Yeah. Especially out here where homeless people die of hypothermia. I tear up thinking about it. It's so sad, especially since I've met a few really nice homeless people in my lifetime and I know how they are treated by society.
Damn, now I wish I was physically and mentally able to volunteer at a soup kitchen again.
:iconsezzac155:
sezzac155 Featured By Owner 2 days ago
I mean, if you need to take a literal test to work out where your political views are then...quite frankly something is wrong.

As someone who isn’t American so that the binary doesn’t really fit with me either, you come across as a Centrist to me. People think you are a Republican because you hold a lot of conservative views and when you go into detail, it’s the points that Republicans make. Such as the one about homelessness-there are studies that show that gays and other queer folk are disproportionately represented in the homeless population. Which makes sense really because their families don’t consider them ‘human’ and then they are forced out of their home by said family.
I just think homelessness is something that shouldn't exist regardless of anything. Instead of counting which percent of homelessness is what, I just say eradicate it all. Although in instances like with substance abuse being one of the major causes that's harder.
Although, I have to ask, isn't it illegal to force a minor out of their home?
:iconsezzac155:
sezzac155 Featured By Owner 13 hours ago
Just because it's supposed to be illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Domestic violence happens which is also supposed to be illegal. And domestic violence doesn't always happen between partners either. If you are Christian and have avoided a common idea about where homosexuals should go then well, congrats.
:iconstephenl:
StephenL Featured By Owner 2 days ago
Are you independent?

Your writing about better schools is definitely correct, yet what type of schools?
Forget all this academia type education, we need more people trained for skills in useful trades and small business careers.
The current system doe not work, academia liberal arts traditional schooling is failing miserably.
If you simply want to send kids to school to learn how to think the way one political ideology wants, that is not education, that is brainwashing propaganda.    Young people should be going for higher education beyond high school to obtain skills to become employable.    Unfortunately the majority are not taking that path and getting deeper in debt and taking higher risks following other paths with little probability of education helping them learn something productive and useful in society that will earn them a good living.       
:iconiamaclaesandihateit:
IAmAClaesAndIhateIt Featured By Owner 3 days ago
You say you're apolitical.
Yet you have political opinions.
Hmm curious...
thinking sphere Yin and Yang Thinking Emotion 
Nah seriously "apolitical" doesn't really exist. Usually people that say that they are apolitical just have all of the stock underlying opinions of their society.
Which I don't think you even do that. I think Canada is more progressive of a society than what you present.

BTW the reason why you got put more democrat direction wise on those tests is probably because your positions are kind of strange.

Like most of them are right wing positions but than there are strong fundamentally left wing positions mixed in like care for the homeless and such.
Two things are possible.
Either you didn't really discover a political position that would actually resonate with you. So you're nor liberal nor conservative.
Or you're fundamentally a left wing person who because of their close circle or because of the media their consume was mislead into having right wing positions.
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 3 days ago
My take on these issues.

1. Whether something is "racist" or not, especially when talking about systems, is a big distraction. It's semantics. Something either causes harm or does not, what it's called doesn't matter.
- Further to this, talk of conscious or subconscious discrimination is also a distraction. It's a complication. It diverts from the issue at hand. People will talk and talk about intent and conscience and not address the issue.

2. Feminism is a word that has been diluted over the last few decades. My take on it ultimately is people can say they're all sorts of things and really, at the end of the day, be nothing much at all. Claiming to be something doesn't mean much to me, it's a big so what of a statement. Not impressed when guys talk of being feminists.

3. Democrat can mean a lot of things. Most of the time people just vote Democrat and that's that. Same with Republicans I imagine. There's more important things in life than team rivalry. I think this thinking should come to the fore.

4. In the next few years I imagine homelessness will be a major issue but it needn't be. People all the time talk of prosperity and fairness as if they are mutually exclusive. That is not the case, at all. People fail to see this because they have ideological blinkers on. Moderation in policy is the way to go, and understanding not everything is either this or that.

5. Abortion for me has too much dumb rhetoric surrounding it. No one really dealing out the facts of the matter, too much emotive talk. People should stick to the facts.

6. Can't speak about Canadian healthcare since I don't know much about it.

7. It's probably correct but I can't help but view the term classicism as a misnomer. Feels incorrect. Class, by it's very nature, is exclusionary... so the idea of classicism seems off. It's like calling something hateism; the word should surely be enough without putting -ism on the end of it. The upper look down on the lower.
How the upper and middle are defined amuses me a little. I was taught for instance that middle meant a profession, like a doctor, while upper means aristocracy and those who have inherited wealth. Middle in America is less well off if I understand it correctly.

8. Don't know about Trump's laws but I am sure that human trafficking relies heavily on illegal immigration; you don't have people on hunts for the person you snatched if they're technically not there. It's one big pool of people who won't be missed. Key thing is making it so they will be missed, that is making them legal. But legality shouldn't be a loophole. I shouldn't be allowed to be a member of a club because I sneaked in and it's more hassle to boot me out than make me a legit member. Same thing should apply to immigration.
Despite propaganda stating otherwise, I hear the States immigration rules are some of the strictest in the world.

9. Most people believe schools should be better.

10. I don't think any politician worth their salt would suggest taxing churches.

11. People confuse sex with pornography. They're not the same thing. Sex education should be technical, it's not stuff you'd find on a porn website. It should be the opposite of sexy.

12. BLM are a movement of patsies. Glorious fools, give me your strength and let me condemn your righteous anger. Seriously, these idiots will always be the victims because they're not clever or cunning enough to be anything other than a scapegoat for society. I say to people who go against what I say, please, check in with me in ten years, see how much this precious group has achieved.
True. The word feminism has been used and abused by manyyyy people. I am talking about the extreme feminism, more or less. Like the type of people who paint things with period blood to prove a point and that nonsense. The type that don't let their kids watch Disney because it isn't feminist enough and stuff.
As far as Canadian healthcare, it's pretty decent aside from needing to have certain jobs/be on certain income assistance programs to get access to medication and sometimes other resources like therapy. Wait times are long and there's a lot of budget cuts at times. But I can at least say it's mostly free. Mostly.
:iconvalsayre:
Valsayre Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Artist
Lol I am not reading all of that 
:icon0iorn0:
0iorn0 Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
1.    -Racism isn't "systemic" as people would like to believe, but I believe classism is. I believe racism is an issue that individuals have. Some people are racist but it is not the entire system, just people like individual cops and such who are. Also, from a mixed perspective who has asked my black father, no, dreads and afros on white people are not real racism. I think people just don't understand in this day of age...real racism is different lol.

2.   -Women don't need feminist these days. We have reached equality...ish. Except now women who 
choose to be housewives are shamed instead of the other way around, depending on where you live.

3.   -Democrats are too hateful at times and make it hard to feel empathy for them, whereas the Republican viewpoint of people's self worth relying on success and such is plain dumb. 

4.   -Homelessness is the biggest issue in North America and if people think they're being oppressed when, like, someone just says a joke about feminazis or gays just remember homeless people are like, not treated as human okay? Thanks. 

5.   -Affordable housing acts need to be put in place. 

6.   - I don't believe in abortion unless it is absolutely necessary to the health of a woman. Since so many people's excuse is money and the cost of giving birth, you'd think maybe they'd advocate for free birth in America instead?? In Canada it is...so...yeah? Now 
that is a woman's right!

7.  -There's no excuse for the U.S not to have free healthcare if you've read how Canada got ours. 

8.-Classism and albeismm are more systematic than other forms of oppression and ya can't change my mind. In fact, the former is undeniable...

9.-Trump's laws did help slow the curb of human trafficking. 

10.-I understand the need to "flatten the curve of covid" and stuff...but...their laws are taking away rights, especially the right to visit family. 

11.-Better schooling. Better schooling is a must. I hated school so much because of the abuse of power. 

12.-Churches shouldn't be taxed like people think, otherwise people would have to pay to go to church. Since churches do a lot of the fundraising and volunteering as well, it is good they are free for everyone! As a kid, I went to church mostly to volunteer during events and stuff like helping hands or watching poorer children at a drop in place (10/10 recommend!) Having it free to access is amazing and empowering. 

13.-Sex ed should be mandatory but at the same time not before kids are old enough to be ready for it. I learned at age ten...no, just no. Also, I have no qualms with the way it is taught but I do think there should be more time taken to teach it, at least in Canada.

This is just for anyone who was pissed off by op not numbering her points.

I left out 14. Sure is inconvenient huh?
LOL Looking back on it I should've numbered or spaced them out better. I dunno why I didn't. It wasn't even laziness because I genuinely had each point in bold but I just undid it. Anyway, thanks lmao
:iconfuzzy-mutant:
FuZzY-MuTaNt Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
warm pink star um .. afros and dreads on lighter skinned persons isn't racist .. i'm not sure why this is controversial ?? :iconimhorrifiedplz: some white people have 'afro' type hair , and ancient Scandinavian people also wore dreads . anyone can wear any hairstyle , no matter their skin color !! :iconrlyplz: 

warm pink star in countries like Saudi Arabia, India etc, they are severely lacking in basic rights , however .. 004 

warm pink star there's bad people in all political parties / orientations ..  

warm pink star i think healthcare in the US is very expensive, as a non US person . i heard paying for an inhaler cost 300 dollars. that is super expensive !! wow .. i was shocked to learn that.

warm pink star i don't feel like this is a political issue . Neko Emoji-36 (Oh no) [V2] 

warm pink star there's bad people in all groups , even bad Buddhists who kill others .. but, that doesn't mean the group itself is bad . only that it perhaps should address the bad people associating with it . :nod:  Lotus Monk Emote - Meditate 
I agree!!
I think third world countries have some of those issues that you mentioned and the U.S and Canada do not. I live in Canada where we are impacted by every choice the U.S makes pretty much.
And I didn't know that an inhaler could cost $300?? Omg. That is worse than I thought. Yikes. I knew that giving birth out there cost about $5,000-11,000, though, so I shouldn't be surprised.
:iconjinksa:
Jinksa Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Don't worry, just ignore the commie patrol and you are perfectly fine. 

1. Classism is a thing. Sadly that is part of nature and cannot be removed without destroying nature it self. 
2. Feminism has been taking too many ideas from communism as of late. 
3. Leftist are indoctrinated and are much easier tools for democrats to abuse, akin to republicans with the hardcore religious crowd. 
5. if there is to be free health care in America should be state to state, It should not cover abortions and should not involve illegal's citizens otherwise you are giving another reason for illegal immigration. 
6. Anything free will always will be the faultiest. 
10. Agreed. Churches are not part of the state, so as a third body they should be taxed. 
12. BLM is founded by trained communists. They cannot help them self from enacting "Us vs them"  view to other races.  
Ah yes. The "us vs them" drives me mental.
:iconmeliran:
Meliran Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
So pro-life, anti-affirmative action, anti-lockdown, hate Democrats who genuinely want to help people, favoring Trump over Biden... Sorry, but you're a Republican.
Not according to the test I took. No ideals put you in a side automatically tbh
:iconeluelar:
Eluelar Featured By Owner 2 days ago
You want us to be impressed because you took an online quiz like one of those bored Facebook moms? 
loll. I've taken it before.
I do admit there's a better test but I don't remember where to find it. I landed in a similar spot though. I see myself as more of a centrist... I'm conflicted because of how sides treat each other.
Your test is unreliable then. Your ideals define your side. You can't say "I'm a liberal!" and then denounce every liberal idea except for maybe gay marriage.
Those are only a select few. I agree with some and disagree with some. I believe in free healthcare, I despise capitalism, any type of marriage is fine by me as long as it is consented, freedom of religion and to express oneself, not stigmatizing women making the choice to work or stay home (or even stay at home fathers), equal opportunity, better laws against child abuse and trafficking, gun control (to an extent), better schooling, better childcare, etc. I disagree with abortion and a few other things, but nontheless in the end I define myself as an individual, not liberal or conservative or that other nonsense bs that Americans are obsessed with (I'm Canadian and we tend to collectively joke about our government and how Americans obsess over theirs ridiculously!)
I'm not sure if I support capitalism, socialism, communism, or any of those systems yet either. Honestly as long as people who need to be are taken care of I'm happy.
I'm an advocate for accessible options for childcare and the aftercare of birth and for practicing safer sex, for example, in favor of abortion, since only a mere 7% of abortions are from unwanted sex and more from unprotected sex. I don't believe, for example, that the needy don't deserve to be helped regardless of their "contribution to society" like conservatives do, and I think the mass of unnecessary jobs has caused issues with the environment anyway, and I also think financial contribution isn't the only form of contribution like most conservatives. I'm an animal rights activist too, showing I believe in some activism if it is needed. I also don't think a woman should be forced to stay at home but that means vice versa as well. Regardless of my opinion, I believe people should do things that make them happy. Abortion makes people unhappy from many accounts, for example, and I think life is to be cherished.
So I consider myself an independent in the name of politics, striving simply for happiness and peace above all. And if I'm being honest I wish I was a hippie :)
Yes, giving more views does put you more squarely in the independent category, so I'll retract my statement. The views you gave in your original post are almost all right-wing views.
Fair enough.
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner 3 days ago
You mean like exactly what you are doing right now? Have you never heard of a classic liberal?
Those claiming classical liberalship are conservatives. It's nothing more than a nuance of the language.
Then you have shifted the bar of what is left way too left.
No, it's called the evolution of language.
This is more of a philosophical evolution.
:iconthatwaslefthanded:
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Photographer

Pretending

Everything

Threatens

Animals

Lol that was random. PETA. Gotta love them.
:iconnervene:
nervene Featured By Owner 3 days ago
"no, dreads and afros on white people are not real racism."
The argument is that it is cultural appropriation, not generally that it is racist.
"housewives are shamed"
Come back to complain when people impose rules/laws to prevent housewives from being married (oh wait they already are), preventing them from joining the military (oh wait they don't have jobs), or adjusting districts so they can't effectively vote, and I'll start to care. When your worst issue is people saying mean things about you on the Internet (over a life you chose to live) and that's seen as a big deal, it shows how little you understand of what the people actually facing discrimination have to deal with every day over things they had no control over.
"I understand the need to "flatten the curve of covid" and stuff...but...their laws are taking away rights, especially the right to visit family."
I'm not sure what logic is being used here but maybe this can help.
"Churches shouldn't be taxed like people think, otherwise people would have to pay to go to church."
That sounds fine to me and probably everyone who isn't already on your side with this.
I hated school so much because of the abuse of power."
I don't know what this means. Does it have to do with being told that you need to do your homework?
"Since so many people's excuse is money and the cost of giving birth, you'd think maybe they'd advocate for free birth in America instead??"
I believe it is more common to focus on the cost of the child that results from the birth.
"Also I heard Biden just say rude crap"
I don't know where you've been the last 4 years, but it definitely wasn't listening to the guy who was in office.
  1. People see cultural appropriation in the wrong light. And I know some people from prominently black countries who don't think it is wrong. I've talked to people about it. Their take is interesting. Changed my perspective entirely. Also I know white people who naturally have afros lmao. Like...how is that bad???
  2. Being stigmatized for being a housewife, my calling and the only lifestyle I feel comfortable with, isn't honestly fun and has made me question things like self worth many times. It's stupid considering the fact prostitution is more accepted these days, which doesn't have the amount of protection needed to keep people safe. Even laws wouldn't help.
  3. The want to flatten the curve? Yep.
  4. No, more like children at my school were genuinely verbally abused. Not just me, like, tons. Complaints didn't do anything to help. I got yelled at for not eating some carrots so I did and then I got nauseous and had to go home from a stomach bug, and they went through my friend's device without permission when he pulled out his phone to use the calculator (OH NOOO not the calculator!!!) to help me with something. And one teacher failed an entire class because he "didn't like them" (HIS WORDS not mine) and bragged about it to my class. My vice principal called me bad things when I was in grade three due to some kid starting a fight with me because idk some drama? I can't remember. Something petty cuz we were children.
  5. The government where I live does help compensate. It's enough for the basic needs of a child, especially since after that demanding baby stage (demanding as in needing more food and diapers and clothes) the amount it costs begins to decrease. I think it's also the fact it takes work to raise a kid, tho. Not everyone should be a parent...but I've heard people use what I said as an excuse. Lame.
  6. It wasn't him being rude to other politicians, it was him saying stuff like "people work for me, not the other way around" snottily. With Trump he was open with his flaws but people like Biden want to appear flawless.
(And the president should be for the people.)
:iconnervene:
nervene Featured By Owner 3 days ago
  1. Cultural appropriation was not what you initially posted about.
  2. I can't unironically engage with a premise like 'prostitutes are treated better than housewives'
  3. Not getting to visit family, staying away from each other, is part of flattening the curve.
  4. I agree that you should be a housewife and avoid interactions with other humans.
  5. The government compensating = everyone else compensating (taxes).
  6. I reiterate my position that you were not listening to what Trump was saying.
  1. Eh it was included.
  2. I mean, look at modern internet lol. I knew some people who lost friends for being a housewife.
  3. Not if you and your friends just want to chill at home. Plus it causes depression. An actual issue as well :I
  4. lol people can shut up they're lucky to afford a house
  5. eh
:iconclownhole:
ClownHole Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Artist
"like a carcass, picked clean, in the hot sun"
Thank you nervene
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
i'm happy some of these have been said. My only big disagreements are with six and nine.
:iconrudiruewarecorgi:
RudiRueWarecorgi Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Okay, so how about if you allow it for rape and incest too?

And I thought human trafficking would have been slowed by less illegal immigration. Please explain.
I meant big disagreements, as opposed to minor disagreements stemming from minor details. Not word for word.
Oh wow! Lol that's more than I expected peeps to agree with.

I like it because I know that no person will agree 100% or likely disagree with it either, which shows each individual's unique thinking ^^
I should add something I've said a few times on here though. Regarding the tax exempt status of churches, much of the problem would be solved if we weren't so attached to the physical buildings. My group attends mass outdoors, which is very sparing to us in terms of the issue, and I've always wondered why this is so looked down upon in favor of everything being "just right" physically. The world itself is the holiest of temples.
I will really leave this for others to pick at till the carcass is bare!
I mean people are gonna agree with some points and disagree with others. That's what individualism is and actually what I like to see. 
Good point, but - like a bleached carcass, in the sun!
Add a Comment: