Details

January 12
Link

Statistics

Replies: 112

Is this real? Is Mitch McConnell supporting the impeachment of Trump?

:iconcapt-snowflake:
Capt-Snowflake Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2021
www.foxnews.com/politics/mccon…

Just read this and see this as a crazy turn around. I can see why he'd want to deflect the blow back that the GOP are getting, but I never thought I'd see this. 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconkuangyu-cheng:
KuangYu-Cheng Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had saw it somewhere that he believed impeaching someone who only has 9 days left (probably news days ago) is time-consuming and not worth it, why not just focus on inauguration for the next president.

Yeah.
Capt-Snowflake Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021
I hadn't heard that. Interesting. What I have been hearing is that Mitch feels that an impeachment would allow the GOP to distance themselves from Trump and that that would be a good thing. Meh, we'll see what happens.
:iconstephenl:
StephenL Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021
This could lead to some positive reforms and change within the Republican party and save a sinking ship.
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021
Indeed it might be. The first thing they need to do?

Everyone in congress? Primary them all out. All of them. Yes, even you too, Romney. Oh, you're so against Trump, yet you've voted lockstep with him. :lol: Boy, are you a great leader or what...
Capt-Snowflake Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021
It better or they're done
:iconnervene:
nervene Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
Politicians support whatever keeps them in office. He isn't stupid and knows Trump is a sinking ship. Trump and his insurrection pawns marching around inside of the Capitol conveniently offered an out for any Republican who pushed his conspiracy and realized they would prefer their career instead.
:iconfred1009:
fred1009 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021
Most politicians put their career first. Also I think it's finally sunk in that Trump is a bottomless pit of demand for loyalty and he will never be satisfied. 
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
believe it or not, not all republicans like trump, follow his every word, worship him, etc.  some actually care about the people and the dangers people can bring about unto other people.  in other words, voting can bring about the right person being in office that the people voted in to do the job they voted them in there for. it's rare for this to happen, but it does happen, so we get it right every so often.  for the other times, welp...
Capt-Snowflake Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
Yeah, I don't think I suggested every republican is a Trump follower. I'm pretty much talking about Mitch specifically. And, yes, voting can bring the right person to office, just like the American people voted Biden in. I'm glad we're in agreement.
:iconbrianbm100000:
brianbm100000 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021  Professional Traditional Artist
Nailed it with this bunny.

This is an example of a politician using his conscience to reach a decision and not just blindly following party lines or instructions.

This shows integrity.

This is why senators must be free to think for themselves and reach their own decisions.
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
Yeah, you mean like Mitt romney? Who cast a single vote against Trump last year
...but when it came to literally everything else, was in lockstep. Wow. :lol: Now that's someone who resists.
brianbm100000 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021  Professional Traditional Artist
He resists all the time (except when he doesnt resist)
Lets forget the good he does and only consider the bad.
You are showing lack of judgement, people vote the way their conscience tells them and everyone is different.
Just because you dont like the way they vote does not mean they are bad.
It is easy to condemn people, you dont know their thinking and their concerns you just think you do.
If it really bugs you run for president
Oh he resists all the time. Except when it comes to the actual vote. Then he's lockstep. Vidkun Quisling did more to resist the nazis. :lol:
brianbm100000 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021  Professional Traditional Artist
You are being melodramatic and twisting words to fit your own prejudice.
You want a politician to do everything you want them to do or they are not fit to serve, well life dont work that way.
You are demanding senators become quislings.
You need to do a bit of growing up you want senators to be perfect all the time and if they are not they become evil in your eyes.
I suggest you run for public office if you dislike the senators so much.
How about you showing everyone how to be a senator.
Or do you prefer to sit around on your ass and moan about everyone.
Do something to make the world better rather than something to rip it apart.
<i>"You want a politician to do everything you want them to do or they are not fit to serve, well life dont work that way."</i>
Sorry for assumign that's <i>their JOB</i>. Whoooops! I thought senators were supposed to represent their PEOPLE. Not their PARTY. Silly me. :lol:
Also come back when you're done with strawmanning.
fred1009 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
The fact that a lot of money people are pulling denotations from the GOP politicians who tried to stop the vote count might have something to do with it.  
:iconnuclearpoweredpony:
NuclearPoweredPony Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
The uniparty is starting to realize that they've let the mask slip off.
:iconbad-squirrell:
bad-squirrell Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
NEW: Senate Majority Leader McConnell will not agree to reconvene the US Senate before Jan. 19, spokesperson says, meaning a Senate impeachment trial would likely not begin until after President Trump has left office.
NBC News sur Twitter : "NEW: Senate Majority Leader McConnell will not agree to reconvene the US Senate before Jan. 19, spokesperson says, meaning a Senate impeachment trial would likely not begin until after President Trump has left office." / Twitter

I don't stop to tell it EVERYTHING IS FAKE NEWS
Trump allies are playing games to fool Biden and Pelosi.

Biden will never be president.
You've linked to NBC news. Are you admitting that NBC is an acceptable news outlet for the truth? Just asking.
But why did you link to NBC first? Are you saying that is acceptable?
Just because it was the first link i found.
What is the problem with NBC News ?
I don't know. I see so many discussions in the forums here, where someone provides links to a news story and then someone complains that it's not from a valid news source. So, given the current conversation, and for the future, it's a good thing to know what news sources you will accept as evidence. So, again, I ask, do you consider NBC an acceptable news source?
The leftists in the forum who don't agree with me, always say my source is bad and they can't trust it, like Youtube, leftists don't like Youtube !
I don't really care because all sources are acceptable.
If leftists think it's untrue it's just their problem !
If one day, i make a mistake and give a fake info, i will apologise.
So, you're saying this source is acceptable. Again, I'm perseverating on this because so often I'll be having a discussion and I'll post a link that others will discount out of hand. I'm just trying to find common ground. You just claimed that "all sources are acceptable". I want to know if that's actually the case.
(1 Reply)
:iconsaffireprowler:
Saffireprowler Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
Wonder if his wife is a Chinese foreign agent.
She is from Taiwan and she immigrated here when she was 8yrs old. 

Your remark reeks with racism.  
Saffireprowler Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Ohhhhhh it reeeeeks with rrrraaaacccism!!!
Don't give one shit what you think. Buy a better argument, if you don't think a Taiwanese can't be a stooge for the PRC.
fred1009 Featured By Owner 5 days ago
An 8yr old girl of Chinse ancestry that you think was recruited as an agent of the PRC, without any evidence on your part, does in fact reek with racism.
But then, you're are an ass licker of the Mango Mushroom Man, so I imagine the concept of evidence is outside your range.
>> Don't give one shit what you think <<
Really, then why do you bother to answer??
Do you JUST have to get the last word in? Is that it?
RRRRACIST!
Yet nothing fits the definition of racism.
God you're not only a sore loser, but an uneducated imbecile.
RAAAAACIST! RAAAAAACIST!
See. You said nothing, but you had to get the last word in.
RAAAAACIST! RAAAAAAACIST!
No debating, just scream RAAAAAACIST!
:iconlizzychrome:
LizzyChrome Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021  Hobbyist General Artist
If memory serves, that user is known for being pretty racist.
Thinking, without a shred of evidence, that an 8yr old girl of Chinse ancestry was recruited by the PRC to spy on McConnel does come across as racist.  
:iconthatwaslefthanded:
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021  Hobbyist Photographer
Indeed :facepalm:
Shit, if she's put up with him for all that time she must have gone through some form of advanced training.
She is from Taiwan and she immigrated here when she was 8yrs old. Do you really think the Chinese recruit 8yr old's? Seriously?  
Um, I'm not the one who suggested that she is a Chinese agent. Hell, I didn't mention China at all in my conversation, so I'm not sure why you're talking to me about this.
You: "she must have gone through some form of advanced training."

Perhaps you intended sarcasm. If so, I apologize.   
I don't know if that comment reaches the bar of sarcasm, but, yeah, obviously I'm just throwing that statement out there as a joke.
OK. Understood.
Saffireprowler Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021
How anyone thinks we trusted McConnell is beyond me. The populists never trusted him, never liked him. But he did replace a ton of left-wing judges.
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 5 days ago
^ it’s this kind of attitude that’ll motivate the Republicans to boot Trump out. Nu-Reps are a threat to the old order.
Saffireprowler Featured By Owner 38 minutes ago
Starting to sound like the conservative cucks who will be replaced by populists...
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 30 minutes ago
The irony of the new lot calling anyone a cuck... itís too much.
:icondioshiba:
DioShiba Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021  Professional Digital Artist
While I feel as though Mitch is using double talk here...

Ummmmmmmm

I really don't think that the second impeachment trial isn't going to have some impact on Trump given the circumstances of what led up to this moment.
That may be true, but no one really seems to care what people like you and I think. Unless you have some special pull in congress, we're just spectators here.
:iconj1ms1xeven:
j1ms1xeven Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2021  Hobbyist General Artist
The switch of Moscow Mitch just shows you how slow turtles can be.
:iconlizzychrome:
LizzyChrome Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2021  Hobbyist General Artist
I just Googled him. He does kind of remind me of a turtle.
A rather dim-witted turtle at that. I think his wife dumping the transportation secretary job may have finally jolted him awake.  
Add a Comment: