Details

February 22
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

What denomination of Christianity do you think has more cult like behaviors?

:iconliterallybeanie:
Literallybeanie Featured By Owner 3 days ago
For me its Jehovah witnesses. Now I determined this by the bite model of determinating cults and my experiences with this cult. Though the video will be here if you would like. youtu.be/AVZ85QE_98k

Alright lets discuss this.

Nutttttyyyy

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconaspiepiethefag:
AspiePieTheFag Featured By Owner 9 hours ago  Student Digital Artist
Mormons...
:iconikran:
Ikran Featured By Owner 2 days ago
It hink it's a tie between the JW and the mormons. Some of the stuff they believe is insane.
:iconterranimperial:
Terranimperial Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Outside of JW I would say there is a lot of cult like tendency in the charismatic movement and pentacostal sphere of things

Particularly the word of faith movement  and prosperity gospel which deviates greatly from orthodox Nicene beliefs. It its preached by people like Kenneth Copeland and Joel Osteen and also Trump's white house faith advisor. A lot of mega churches are associated with it.
:iconcharvelarts:
Charvelarts Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Catholics, maybe not today, but their history is packed full of cultlike behaviors.
:iconpencilartguy:
Pencilartguy Featured By Owner 2 days ago
Aren't you Catholic?
:iconcharvelarts:
Charvelarts Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh
howdareyoucallmeoutformyownhypocrisies
:iconjasesaster:
Jasesaster Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Any group who are strong believers and enforcers of the old testament ,Westboro baptists and Conservative Christians who can't tell the difference between conservative values and Christian values apart.
:iconwolfworths15menkey:
wolfworths15menkey Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Whatever strange baptist off-shoot westboro is.
:iconmorellsunweaver:
MorellSunweaver Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Hard to discern what cult actually is, either among Christians or in general. There were and are many tiny groups of christians, some are really dangerous, but lately it is rare for them to be dangerous to people outside unless they try to indoctrinate them.
There is some sort of "family" somehow named branch that attracts new member by sending young ones to mate with them and then converting them through sexual and "love" relationship.
:iconmidnightdj-sk:
MidnightDJ-SK Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student General Artist
Heaven's gate, though it is a good thing most of them are dead now.
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
Most of them? So there are some that still walk among us?
:iconmidnightdj-sk:
MidnightDJ-SK Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student General Artist
Their website are 'apparently' maintained by those that are left behind to spread the message.
:iconjasesaster:
Jasesaster Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And those people have to wait for the next meteor,shooting star, whatever to come before they repeat the same thing and teach the other new recruits to maintain the server once again.
:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There is one called "The Way" they sound very strict and count how many times a verse is repeated, they probably call everyone morons for calling Jesus and God the same entity idk. 
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
Westboro goes without saying. It’s basically a one person attempt at onslaught. There isn’t a denomination more involved in witness protection, which I know as I’m in a town right now where witness protection dumps their people. To the credit of JW’s, they are a peaceful group, despite being at odds.
:icondoomrater:
doomrater Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Young Earth Creationism of all flavors.

At least the JWs will come out and attempt to debate you. I have no love for the Watchtower Society however.

But the Young Earthers claim vast conspiracies, some of which don't even make sense (see: anything by Koshej) to preserve a literal interpretation of the Old Testament (or less, for the Young Earth Jews).  Imagine being caught up so hard in a lie you think it's actually true.  That's the very definition of being deceived by the antichrist!
Add a Comment: