Link

Statistics

Replies: 363

Stop dissing otakukin, I am one.

Hidden by Commenter

Devious Comments

:iconjoshclarkedraws:
JoshClarkeDraws Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
This is one "prefix-kin" thread too many I'm afraid... :)
:iconaeritikruel:
aeritikruel Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
no
:iconmeresoftwilight:
meresoftwilight Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Are the influx of these compaints due to the recent article at somethingawful.com
Seriously though, people really shouldn't have an issue. The amazing thing about people is that we can believe whatever they want.
Some beliefs are just "weirder" in the world's perspective.
:iconthundercake:
thundercake Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006  Professional Digital Artist
Super saiyan insanity, Batman.
:iconkatminamoto:
katminamoto Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
...Lol. Sorry to hear about Osamu

*coughlosercough*
:iconkouichikimura:
KouichiKimura Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
I'm Kouichi Kimura us Digimon characters need to stick together LMFAO
:iconkatminamoto:
katminamoto Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Stfu Nicole.
:iconsoreiya:
Soreiya Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006   Digital Artist
aw twas all in good fun let me live a lie LOL
:iconpolymethodic:
Polymethodic Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
......But i'm ken..........
:iconsoreiya:
Soreiya Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006   Digital Artist
ooh I smell a bitch fight between you and the other Ken

I will stand here watching because I'm passive kitty boy Kouichi LOL
:iconbenjaminandanumber:
Benjaminandanumber Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
LOL.

I'll tell you what the difference between believing in a Christian God, or hell, even believing you have the soul of an animal (though $10 says that EVERYONE who reckons they have the soul of an animal goes for something cool, it's all DRAGON!!!111 UNICORN!!!1111 WOLFSISTAH!!!111, most of them are probably just play-acting).

If you really, truly do believe that you have the soul of an animal reincarnated or whatever, fine, animals are part of the natural order, it's just an extension of the reincarnation concept to include all creatures. I'm a little freaked, because it's new to me, but not overly concerned.
Christianity, the whole God thing, does not bother me at all, because a lot of it is, so far in my experience, symbolic moral teaching, a lot of it seems to be human stuff, stuff we can relate to to an extent in some fashion.

But wtf? You believe you have the soul of an anime character. Right. Okay, I could understand if you believed that every product of the artist's imagination is incarnate in a living being. Hell, in at least one sense that is true, although whether it's the artist's actions that make the incarnation, or the incarnation that breeds the actions is arguable. It's an interesting possibility.

But Anime Characters? Just Anime Characters? What, exactly, makes Anime so special? What makes these particular characters so much better than any other character that could be incarnate in a living being.

OOOOHHHHH!!!! WAAAAIIIITTTT!!! I just looked at your gallery!

So, that's why! Your artform must be superior to others, only it is COOLAWESOMEWICKEDFUN enough to actually posess people's bodies in some way?

I mean, I'm all for open mindedness in terms of people's beliefs. But let's face the facts here, while bearing in mind that I have no religion myself. I am agnostic.

Christianity: Strong basis on human action and morality

Otherkin: Strong basis on nature, the Aboriginal Australians had similar things going on, with totems and dreamtime legends. I can understand that.

Roman Catholocism: Inherently strong basis on human morality, arguably twisted by organised power structure. The same may apply to Christianity, though it is a smaller religion.

Islam: See above.

Otakukin: Well, from what I can see, it has very little basis on morality, and every basis on illogical fanboydom.

Thankyou, and goodnight.
:icontheinterloper:
theinterloper Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Hey, you know...whatever tickles your pickle.

I'm down with whatever anybody wants to do or believe, its the ones who insult it, whatever it may be, who have issue's.
:iconluzille:
Luzille Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006   Traditional Artist
...Honey, Sailor Moon was invented by a Japanese woman named Takeuchi Naoko. It was a cartoon, not a documentary.

And you are who you are. Not a fictional character that was made to entertain kids on Saturday mornings.
:iconlady-jonia:
Lady-Jonia Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
:roll: Riight...you're -how- old ?

You're going to die a basement-bound virgin...grow up.
:iconunch:
Unch Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
You'll grow out of it, or wind up in a crazy house.
:iconwiredgirl:
wiredgirl Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006  Student
You know, this whole ordeal wouldn't be HALF as bad if you guys (I know YOU didn't come up with the term, I mean these types in general) had come up with something less retarded to call yourselves as "otakukin." :|
:iconkayru:
Kayru Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Okay, good for you. Whatever.
:iconbasslineraver:
BasslineRaver Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
I am sticking with the fact that somehow, I'm a car! I don't know why... But I am. -hit fist on desk-

Nobody respects the inanimate objects!

(I'm kidding, but if I wasn't, worry for my remaining sanity.)
:iconriskalittlelight:
RiskALittleLight Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Alright, I'm willing to accept that it's possible that there could be an infinite number of universes out there, mostly because I can't prove anything one way or another. I'm even willing to accept that it's theoretically possible that a number of these universes could be identical to those in movies, cartoons, whatnot. Though honestly, I have to wonder...are the anime universes full of two-dimensional, physics-defying people with impossibly huge eyes? Are they animated? Just a thought.

Also, can you explain more about the souls-crossing-between-universes bit? Surely, if this Ken character truly exists in another universe, wouldn't his soul be there and not inside your body? And if it has crossed the boundaries of time and space to be born as you, does that mean that somewhere, in some anime dimension, there's a Ken lying around catatonic without a soul? Or alternatively, is there a Ken body with you inside? This is getting complicated.

To be honest, I really have no problem with you believing what you like. I personally believe that some people are born with a certain need for a religion/faith/belief system that makes them feel special in some way. I'm not saying that you do this consciously, but maybe that's just how your brain was wired to work. Anyway. I simply feel that if you question your thinking thoroughly, you'll find some gaps in it. Until then, I hope you're happy with this belief of yours.
:iconriskalittlelight:
RiskALittleLight Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Balls, I screwed my tags again. So much for competence... :slow:
:iconmihamiha:
mihamiha Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006  Student
No one cares if you think you're Pikachu or Spongebob or whatever D:< Stop making these counterthreads!
:iconepion:
Epion Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
No.

Just.. no. Never again, okay?
:iconjonesstarr:
jonesstarr Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
How's this: You're all fucking nuts.

Listen you stupid angsty brat. Ken Ichijouji is a character. Made up. He never existed 'in another universe'. He's just a figment of a writer's imagination. You are obsessed and very, very stupid. You need psychological help and I urge you to get some.
:iconaramakael:
Aramakael Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
*looks at your sig* I wonder what brought that about....
:iconmylehyena:
Mylehyena Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
You must REALLY love anime...

Some people believe they are spiritually connected to Star Wars and Star Trek characters...
:iconsomnambulist-x:
somnambulist-x Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
I'm at a loss for words.

I'm going to take this thread as mockery of the otherkin thread and say:

Counter-threads don't make you cool or cute, or even sarcastically funny.
Game over, try again!
:iconwulfreigns:
WulfReigns Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
The logic is flawed though.
You're claiming to be Ken Ichijouji, but what about all those others that believe they are? Are they all automatically wrong just because you think you're right?
:iconnicolas5:
Nicolas5 Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
"The only difference betwen otherkin and otakukin is that the storeis Otherkin come from are a bit older."

Exactly what I've been saying. "Dragon" legends are just like the anime of the ancient times.
:iconbadcherub:
badcherub Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
what ~AngelDumottSchunard said I really want to know why?
:iconangeldumottschunard:
AngelDumottSchunard Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
i must ask why do you believe you are posessed by the spirit of a cartoon? why do you believe this? i want to hear your side of this explain yourself. i wont stop thinking you are an idiot if you don't explain yourself.
you must look at this logically, your giving real life continuity to something that is entierly fictional. Not just questionably fictional, like the spirit of an animal, but entirely fictional. A catroon someone made up. a part of a story that doesn't exist. now i hope you see my confusion and aprehension, in letting all well be. but i must hear your side of this, i must understand why!
:iconsassobabe:
Sassobabe Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
I know, I know... a lot of you are going to criticise me for choosing to ask ~Greer-The-Raven about his otherkin hunch rather than mocking and flaming him (or her). But, I'm sorry. I'm curious and I have questions, so sue me.

*ahem*

I'm curious about how you know which specific character you are. Do you see yourself in him physically (his physical traits; eyes, hair, height, etc), or behaviorally (his attitude, beliefs, etc)? Or maybe both? If so, did it happen when you first saw the anime (and got the deja vu of already knowing everyone, and what was to happen in the future)?

As for the belief about alternate realities and worlds existing, that does sound fascinating, and I would like to know how this knowledge of these worlds are attained. Has their presence been picked up by psychics, or are they actually just a figment of the otaku demographic's imagination? (I'm hoping it's really not the latter.)

Again, I am curious about this thread and I find it interesting. Maybe that's because I consider myself decently open-minded. But anyway, do reply and inform me.
They say it's the soul, which is neither the mind or the body, but something entirely more obscure. I'll be interested in seeing the answer too.
:iconohcluestarahnono:
OhClueStarAhNoNo Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
It truly is a brave new world...worlds? Wait, wait World realities? Alternate reality world? Ah shit hold on I need to check google.
:icondrk-angel:
Drk-Angel Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
People who just randomly decide that Otakukin are crazy. ESSPECIALLY Otherkin who descide that Otakukin are crazy.

You're both NUTS! If the Otherkin topic wasn't enough, we get this crap.

First off, these characters are fake. They came from another person's imagination. Not yours or anyone elses. They are not real and never will be real. You can think that they are real because sometimes you can compare yourself to another anime character. But they aren't real. This is some little fantasy that you crawl into to escape the real world. ANd now it's time you grow up and face the world.

Second, I wonder if you would think you were a digimon if you had never watched the show in the first place or ANY other anime. You wouldn't. This is you own delusion and insanity.

And your belief isn't a religion, so don't even compare it to Christianity. It's self-centered and self-serving crap that is only held by your own illusions. At least the bible can be backed up.

You need to stop watching so much fricken TV. Thinking like this is for two year olds. Grow up and get a life and stop trying to get attention.
:iconamsel:
amsel Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
So.... you believe you're a digimon sandwich?
:iconavarwen:
avarwen Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
:lamo: With chips.
:icontoxicfool:
ToxicFool Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Yes, because posting a thread about how we should stop thinking you're crazy because you are an otakukin and how you are a fictional drawing is going to make us believe you are one.

If you're going to make a thread when someone doesn't like your beliefs, you're too soft for complaints. :aww:
:iconfootfoot:
FootFoot Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Do you know, i keep on having dreams about having a glowing finger and being able to make bikes fly. I am so E.T.
Careful or i might get you with my glowing finger.
:iconsexyxx:
sexyxx Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
can i have a digimon please?
:iconruu:
ruu Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
I belive that TV is bad :(
I never knew how bad until now. :o
:iconadvent-darkness:
advent-darkness Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Okay, for one thing, did you honestly think you could charge in here, complain and earn instant respect? As =jasato already pointed out, you have to earn respect, people don't just give it out to you on a whim.
As for your belief, I'm all for letting people believe as they choose. But when you come announcing it like the general public cares, you're going to get what you go here. I might believe in reincarnation, but I'm not going to go around shouting it to everyone in the forums (and world) like they care.
And as for Otakukin and Otherkin, I don't honestly know where you guys come up with all or this without something to back yourselves up with. I don't take 'I just can't explain it...' as an answer. You came here to complain about your belief and yet you have no way to back it up and prove to us why we should believe what you have to say. I have a hard time believing anything you have to say, and I know why. Most of the 'supernatural' things I believe in, I have had some experience with, I didn't just announce to myself one day 'I believe in ghosts and I have no clue why, I just do'
Plus, I'm assuming you're relativly young and this is just as phase you'll grow out of in the next few years.
She's 20 :P
:iconadvent-darkness:
advent-darkness Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Crap, that just makes it more sad than before.... :O
:iconwhitebell:
WhiteBell Featured By Owner Apr 10, 2006
Wow!
20? Oh boy. And these are the leaders of tomorrow. What a sad world we live in....:(
For someone claiming to be carrying the soul of a kid genius they're really quite....not.

I really hope this crap is uncommon....
Well, considering I just heard about this today, I'm guessing not. But let's hope it's not a common thing.
Add a Comment: