Details

September 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 52

Can people stop being ageist dipshits?

:iconthecunningcondor:
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
I hear people my age say that folks in their late 30s are “old”. Like what the fuck, yall claim to be all tolerant and progressive n shit yet throw bigotry at anyone over 29. 

Like people my age have been completely brainwashed into thinking that they need to hurry and be some sort of success before their 20s are over or they’ll have failed in life. That’s absolute fucking nonsense. 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icontherealinsignation:
TheRealInsignation Featured By Owner 9 hours ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Who cares.
:iconrenamonmega:
RenamonMega Featured By Owner Edited 3 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
You can still live a fairly comfortable life until your health insurance weasels out of a payment.

Age isn’t my concern, the concern being money, if I can be fed and housed along with having no criminal record at all.
:iconshirokabocha56:
shirokabocha56 Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Photographer
Wait til you're in your fifties ...👴
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 5 days ago
People who say such things are young.
:iconplanxtafroggie:
planxtafroggie Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Ageism is not necessarily a new thing (also I never even bother talking about my age online anymore), so even if it inflates on dA just be happy people are not exploding into Twitter rage about it for the time being.
:icondecadentdeath:
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
don't worry they're just setting themselves for an existential crisis when they reach that age lmao 
:iconalevesper:
AleVesper Featured By Owner 12 hours ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I honestly was a year ago. My big brother talked me out of it thankfully.
:iconrhiethreal:
Rhiethreal Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Boomers fucked up that dream for every generation that followed. They pretended to be non-conformists in their teens then, when they got older, they swung back around to the opposite extreme and gobbled everything up for themselves that they could, leaving nothing for the future.

Minimum Wage was supposed to be a living wage. Boomers fucked that up because they wanted to shove more money in their own pockets. During their time, you could work a summer job, and be able to afford a year/semester of college.  Students these days are going into life long debt to get worthless degrees (Degrees make you stand out far less when everyone else has one too). High paying manual labor jobs (such as car factories) got shipped over seas  so those boomers could, again, pocket more of the money themselves.

And forget about home ownership these days. Even traditionally poor neighborhoods are forcing out the people who live there because Old Rich Boomers are starting to see it as fashionable to live there,

Boomers are the Fuck-you-We-got-ours generation, and everyone else suffered for it.
:iconyangxiaofan457:
YangXiaoFan457 Featured By Owner 6 days ago
If we are considered old at 30 then we should be able to retire now, and not wait until we are 70.
:iconemperorseverne:
EmperorSeverne Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
This.
:iconkokamugithu:
kokamugithu Featured By Owner 6 days ago
some people i knew really does have a HUGE  success under 30

apparently their parents are also exceedingly rich.

AleVesper Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This thread really speaks to me. Because that's exactly what I've been doing to myself and I stress myself out because of it. Mainly because I actually do turn 30 in February. :crying:

My older brother (who puts pressure on me himself) even told me not to do that, and said to me last year, "Dude, what are you worried for? Life BEGINS at 30."

....I guess I should really heed this advice. :noes:
:iconsmashfang:
SmashFang Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Yeah, I turn 31 in February and I don't have the problem Condor is mentioning. Maybe I did when I was 20, but now that I'm in my 30's, I'm just going at my own pace.
AleVesper Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh fuck, you're a year older than me. Didn't think that. :o
Hopefully I'll chill out once I'm actually in my 30s too. If my hard ass older brother is saying that to me, it must be true.
EmperorSeverne Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Blame previous generations for the expectation to be fully successful by the time you're old enough to actually enjoy it. Although I do enjoy the bittersweet irony in younger generations' severe bias against anyone who is not a celebrity or don't share every political opinion they have.
I personally couldn’t care less about celebrities or politics. Does me good to focus on my own betterment before I go trying to fix whatever issues I pick out in other… Or rather in specific cliques.
I'm personally a "Do not allow problems to occur in the first place" guy myself, seeing how a lot of the problems that many people have today (including COVID) can be easily prevented with just a little bit of common sense. For example, having to file for bankruptcy because of crippling financial complications from being dumb enough to have kids while working a job that that doesn't pay enough to move out of your parents' basement.
Hidden by Commenter
Hidden by Commenter
Hidden by Commenter
Hidden by Commenter
Hidden by Commenter
Hidden by Commenter
Hidden by Commenter
Fuck that. Miyazaki’s first feature length film was made when he was around 39
AleVesper Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Really!? Holy shit, I never knew that. :O
:iconclumsysquid:
ClumsySquid Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Honestly, never understood that too. 25 is baby age. My dad only started making sense and being mature when he reached 52 years old. My mother's STILL a child, although she is 50 years old. 

If someone CAN do success at 25 - good for them. But for a normal person in current society, success might only come around 35 or so. It requires grind and (or) luck. 

For example, if I got my master's degree when I was 24 years old (6 years in university), how am I supposed to be successful by the age of 25? :D Especially when I finished right before pandemic struck the planet. I only managed to get to a court reserve, and then everything got covered with a metal plate. And I ended up drawing instead. 

SUCCESS??!?!?! I guess. To some degree. Because I literally had nothing else to do. But most people by 25 are stuck on a job, trying to pay rent, maybe they even have kids if they were dumb enough earlier. They have no time for success. They're trying to find the balance of survival.
You're not old until you're at least 50. Anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.
Although I shouldn't be surprised seeing how it's these same people who have kids long before being 100% ready for them.
exactly. They just want to feel like they achieved something, so they try to flaunt their miserable family around, meanwhile bullying those who wasn't dumb enough to make kids too early.
I never saw family and kids as an achievement personally. Everything procreates, cockroaches make kids, microbes make kids. It's not an achievement. Achievement is to upbreed the spawn to be a decent person. Now that's an achievement.
And then people wonder exactly why I have a huge problem supporting other people's bodily autonomy: because not only is it these exact people popping kids out like a gumball machine, but these same people seem to have a MAJOR problem with me having any bit of freedom.
And it's always the same people preaching about freedom of choice.
People who think that having kids is an achievement are nine out of ten times the exact ones responsible for creating kids that grow up to be self-centered idiots themselves (and that's just the best case scenario).
If I'm having kids with anyone, it's with a woman with a fucking brain on her shoulders. Too bad smart single women are very rare, if at all existent these days (just take a look at 99% of feminists existing today), and It wouldn't surprise me that the ones that do exist are every bit the misanthropist that I am.
I think what bothers me the most is adoption. I find it highly disturbing how much harder it is to adopt a kid than it is to literally create one, as not only do I need to be married but also need to basically be rich. Good luck doing that before you're 40.
ClumsySquid Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah, adoption should be as easy to do as making kids
or making kids should be as hard to do as adoption.
Too bad 90% of people wouldn't agree to that. Anything affecting their personal live in any way, shape or form is a hard no-go for them.
ClumsySquid Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
the same people would go and preach that abortion is baby murder, and a woman's place is in the kitchen, and a man's place is in the earth, lying blasted apart by a warhead or suicide :dummy:
EmperorSeverne Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
And not give a shit about the kids currently alive and in orphanages or other places waiting for someone responsible to adopt them.
And the ones sitting in their homes now? Yeah let's just wait until they're 18 so we can kick them out to the curb like yesterday's garbage.
(1 Reply)
Yeah I'm 25 too and I still feel like a kid, really. A lot of wise folk I notice seem to begin goin big mode around their 50s too.
Isao Takahata didn't make his feature length directorial debut, Grave of the Fireflies, considered by many, myself included, to be the greatest animated film of all time until he was 45.
And yeah I personally landed my Associates at age 23 and was hoping to have a job in my field a year ago but of course COVID fucked the world up. But the way I see it, my goal in life is to be a cartoonist. I already make cartoons so ta-da. I'd rather live than dream.
good to hear you're going after what you want!
:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner Edited 6 days ago   Digital Artist
People that are 24 are so successful brooh meanwhile im 23 and i keep failing. 39 year old people are technically still middle age and not old people. People my age really are ageist dipshits and so am i. I however don't think it's brainwashing as much as a desire to be successful at a younger age while you can still move on your 2 feet. Being a 60+ year old millionaire that can't even enjoy his wealth because of knee pain, backpain, and some other health issues sucks.
People who are successful by societally idealistic standards at 24 are born into rich families or privileged in a similar way. Rushing to be some sort of successful at a younger age will just lead to more mistakes being made and in turn more opportunities missed due to a pursuit built on action and no theory. Even upon acquiring wealth, life doesn't suddenly come to an easing rest. You then have to manage that wealth and any potential assets therein. More money, more problem, after all.
Ponder on this:
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 2.33.53 PM
dqube Featured By Owner 6 days ago   Digital Artist
The idea of being wealthy in America is very extreme. I wrote the part where most people want to be successful at a younger age so that they can enjoy it. The last part is pretty much that it takes the average business owner 20 years and above to get wealthy, but then they are a wreck and have wasted their youth. In a sense chasing millions is pointless.
To me success would be to earn enough to support myself every month, 1000-5000(my curency) sounds good enough. Im saying that i have failed because i earn less than a 1000.
It's a tortoise and the hare thing. The race isn't won by the swift but by those who choose to keep going.
dqube Featured By Owner 6 days ago   Digital Artist
Yes the past and the future is meaningless. There are 2 types of delusional people:
  1. People that keep bragging about their past achievements while they are currently at their worst state of living
  2. People that focus on unreachable goals that could happen in the future that are currently at their worst state of living
Both are not doing anything in the present.
Hidden by Commenter
People whose measurements of self worth in life are determined and dependent on the internet ain’t really livin.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
lol we're the boomers now xD
:iconsameoldskorpan:
SameOldSkorpan Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Filmographer
Ohh I couldn't tell you about all the jokes and "bullying" teases my old manager faced at his 30th birthday with us lol

Fun part : I wasn't even the one dishing the pain then. In that sense my cousin is sooo much better. Or worse, depending how you see it.
Add a Comment: