Details

Closed to new replies
February 21
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

so I'm the enemy but the child abuser isn't?

:icondudeimwasted:
DudeImWasted Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Riiiiiiiiiight. 
I have a younger cousin that has been verbally and mentally (not sure if physically) abused for most of her childhood. She just turned 13 this month. Her mom has her own traumas and had her daughter at a young age so overall, its no wonder it turned out this way. They are both in therapy (separately) but all ive seen is that its gotten worse especially for my younger cousin because she very recently just harmed herself on purpose not long after her birthday. Her mom and her grandma both say "she's doing it for attention"... yeah no fucking shit! it means "I DONT FEEL LOVED AND I DONT FEEL HEARD". I got scared and angry for my younger cousin when she openly told me what she did to herself and whats been going on at home. She has been depressed openly for 3 years at least. Apparently she got in big trouble because she was texting a boy so her mom got all pissed, took her phone away, and made her feel like fucking shit also telling her she's a hoe and a whore. Wow, great parenting you piece of shit. She reacts in anger A LOT and I think we all know that anger=fear. So instead of being patient with her daughter, she yells, blames, puts down, and makes her feel at fault and wrong for anything. That night, after my younger cousin told me and showed me, I ended up texting her bitch mom threatening to call child services. The next morning, she ends up really pissed off and starts threatening to hurt me. I'm fucking fed up watching her daughter suffer (because she has come to me many times asking me questions and tells me how she feels and what goes on) and watching her mom constantly neglect her and make her fear her! But now both the abuser and the abuser's mom (my aunt) is really upset with me. Why? because I did what was right? because she is a fucking piece of shit that needs to wake the fuck up and stop treating her daughter like shit? I really did end up reporting her ass. I'm not sure if anything serious will take action or not since the info I gave is being reviewed but..... no matter what it was for my younger cousins sake... she's going to get worse if nothing is done and these btiches dont care! it just pisses me off how someone can be so heartless especially with their blessing like fuck you bitch how dare you... a real parent is patient, guides, supports, and loves unconditionally. 

Devious Comments

:iconmichaelfeckinmyers:
MichaelFeckinMyers Featured By Owner 3 days ago
That cunt of a mother, calling her 13 year old daughter a whore...

I don't fucking care about going to prison. I'd beat the fucking shit out of that bitch for being such a godawful excuse of a mother.
:iconsilentleporidae:
SilentLeporidae Featured By Owner 3 days ago  New Deviant
Nobody should go through this crap. But the way the World works is far from our understanding, only thing you can take from this is not everybody is the same.
:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No anger is a reaction to being helpless in a situation, fear can exist on its own. The mother sounds like an awful person that has lost their sense of morals, i don't think that therapy will help her if she doesn't see the problem in herself. Abusers can't understand how to keep people around them so they end up controlling them trough fear and punishment.

Calling child protective services is a good decision, but as everything if you don't present video and/or audio evidence the mother can falsify that they are a decent family and the circle of torment will continue.
:iconadgood:
ADGood Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist
It sounds like you've done the best you can for now.  Seems a shame that it would make anyone see you as an enemy, but, then again, if it's bad people who see you are their enemy, that may be a good thing on balance.

:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner 4 days ago
child protective services can take a few days as they start the investigation and open the file.  if you didn't remain anonymous they will keep you up to date, including you should monitor that link they gave you that will state the progress of how things are.  it can take several weeks as they properly investigate the situation and make certain the child is safe and there is legit abuse.  they get calls all the time and they have to make certain sort of thing.  until then be patient and be there to support the kid.

keep in mind if they do find that the child is in danger they will typically reach out to family first before pulling the child away and putting her into foster case.  so, be aware they might reach out to as many family as possible.  sometimes foster is actually worse than the conditions they were pulled from.
DudeImWasted Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Why is it that foster can be worse?
:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The living conditions are worse, most  of the foster caretakers are fed up with their job and they wont care if something bad happens. 
Until they find a family that can take care of her she will have to put up with children that are just as bad as her mother. They usually don't get enough funding to afford comfort and proper food.
:iconclownhole:
ClownHole Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Artist
Oh, cos there is no guilt..
You need to find here a hobby she can immerse in. It is not proper help, but it may be a good respite.
:iconkawayyuki:
Kawayyuki Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
I pray the cps will take actions
:icondyscalculie:
Dyscalculie Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Professional Traditional Artist
Since you've done the right thing, you don't have to care what those two say about you. Let them say what they want, you're an adult, they can't hurt you.
You're the enemy allright. Abusers want to go on abusing, don't they? So if you're trying to stop them, you're the enemy. But then, since you don't need to care about that, shrug and hope it will turn out good for the little girl...
thank you. yeah basically what im doing. for a couple days, it was hard to eat..
:icondyscalculie:
Dyscalculie Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Professional Traditional Artist
It's the anger about this injustice. That gets in your throat, I know the feeling.
Just think of that kid and call yourself her hero! Think of yourself as Sigourney Weaver in that second or third "Alien" movie, you know, when she saves that little girl? Your lump will pass right away sigh hug
:iconthatwaslefthanded:
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Photographer
:iconwalloftextplz:
:icontheoriginalartometry:
TheOriginalArtometry Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Lol, we are not counsellor, take this to social services or something.
LAWL I DID YOU DUMB FUCK LOLZZZ LOLS 
:icontheoriginalartometry:
TheOriginalArtometry Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Smart ass nigga!
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
If child services does oblige, why don’t you raise her?
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to. I do not have my own place and I am on my own healing path (although ive gotten far in such a short time). I know I would be great for emotional support. I know I could help guide, teach, make new habits, emotionally support, and show her how to gain perspectives. Money wouldnt be an issue. But my own situation isnt stable enough.
:iconkokamugithu:
kokamugithu Featured By Owner 4 days ago
yikes...

and that is why i always told my friends back in the day to not getting married early, only get married after youre mentally stable and you 100% percent sure you can take care of your child alone if your husband turned out to be that person who knew how to make babies but not to raise babies,also cheats every time the chances come.

in the end, the victim is going to be the child.
they weren't even married, she was a teenager and she never healed through any traumas she went through. not that ive seen anyway. and yeah exactly children are the victims.
:iconrisamei:
risamei Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Student Digital Artist
There is no magic wand to make this go away sadly, she'll just have to endure it until she can move out. She is going to miss out on having a normal childhood but hopefully after she's out she can finally grow as a person and not go down the same path. Its nice that you care and I feel you're doing the right thing but I don't expect anything to come of it unfortunately.
yeah thats what ive been thinking about also... all I can hope is that by the time she's old enough, she will have enough strength and confidence to leave.
thanks.
Add a Comment: