Details

Closed to new replies
July 16, 2020
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Are we seriously moving to a "bot" style moderating now?

:iconnintendoboy16:
nintendoboy16 Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020
So, I heard from users I follow and friends that DA is moving to "bots" or automatic systems for moderating pieces. Finding "inappropriate" terms and blocking them. Like why? We have a "Mature" setting, why even have that at all?

YouTube has a similar system like that and though I haven't been a victim of that on it's site, I do watch people who have been and it sucks there.

Just... *facepalm*

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2020
DA relies a lot on self moderating.  see something, report something.  there's also the bot report system that is shuffled around a few times until a real person is involved.  a bot can solve a lot of things if coded correctly, otherwise there still be living and breathing mods and staff that shuffle around the site.  remember, there's a huge ratio difference between staff/mod and us peons.  so things can be over looked, slipped on by, unnoticed, etc.
:iconfuzzy-mutant:
FuZzY-MuTaNt Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
hmmmm i think better spam filters are good but .. by inappropriate terms what do they mean ?? like .. would the word 'gore' or 'candygore' get censored out ? :O_o:

but , we have mature filter for that soo .. . ehh ?? EXO : Jongin Shrug 
:iconboronk:
boronk Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Never forget, they have to implement such filters by law at least in europe and germany. You can say thank you to the left leaning sheeple voting for the governments.
:icontalentlessfiend:
talentlessfiend Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020
No remorse, fear, or pity, the ultimate mod.
I feel safer already.

:iconfeatheredrainbovv:
FeatheredRainbovv Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020
The journal is that one
A big assumption keeps being made... No, the bot will not be able to remove anything, as ikazon mentioned.
It will report things before we can see it. We'll still be able to report deviations, but the bot's purpose is to see the deviations that need to be removed before we see it.
The staff members still will be the only ones able to remove things that need to be removed. Plus, they're expending their team.
That means less auto removal (because the thing got reported by many users), rules enforcement, and more humans to review reports.
:iconmadrepappagallo:
MadrePappagallo Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The website is probably overwhelmed at this point, between all the reported content to all 9000 of goncag's usernames they have to ban.
:iconthatwaslefthanded:
ThatWasLeftHanded Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Are we?
:iconpolar--tang:
Polar--Tang Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's not going to end well. You can always trust DA's devs to screw it up.
:iconinvisiblesniper:
InvisibleSniper Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Student Writer
This is gonna be interesting
:iconfanartartist1993:
FanArtArtist1993 Featured By Owner Edited Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Bots is not going to help. Look at YouTube their moderation by bots is a bad thing. I want real people doing their job as a mod. Because real people know better between what is right and wrong. I feel like bots make more mistakes than people.
In their journal they never said the bot would remove anything though. The bot will report things before actual members report it, then the staff will remove it or not.+There will be more members to take care of reports.
The bot will learn efficiently and mistakes are less likely to happen, since the bot only report things and humans take care of reports still.
That's what he said anyway. AI can see what could potentially be rule-breaking, the rules get enforced (they remain the same though, it's the number of reports and how well moderation is that will change), more moderation by humans is still nice (it's what "proactive moderation" means). They're not doing it the way youtube or tumblr did it at all.
:icontigerchomped:
tigerchomped Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I mean at least bots will try and do their jobs. 
:iconscotthesaiyanknight2:
so its gotten to the point where bots are gonna be doing everything now huh. the staff cant do it anymore so a bots gonna do the work coming forward
FeatheredRainbovv Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020
The AI won't ban things. It'll only report things, then the staff will choose to remove the content or not.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
because despite the mature setting not everyone uses it and not everyone who uses it follows the site's rules...
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Professional Artist
Could go a long way towards making sure things are appropriately tagged as mature (a lot of stuff isn't). It might also help with spam accounts.

If they did it right it could be useful suggesting tags and stuff - but I don't really have faith they'll do it. I'm sure they'll half-implement it several years late like everything else they do.
:iconplatinumbeta:
PlatinumBeta Featured By Owner Edited Jul 16, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Oh gawd, if it's gonna happen here what happened with Tumblr... DA's gonna fuck things up even more. :XD:
But seriously, how's not supposed to not use bots? Even Facebook can't manage their content correctly, and they're full of people manually controlling it. I hope they can teach those bots correctly.
:iconemperorseverne:
EmperorSeverne Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Sadly, yes :bucktooth:

It also doesn't help that there are people who deliberately go around looking for things to be offended by
Add a Comment: