Closed to new replies
July 8, 2008
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1692

IT IS SO HARD TO GET POPULARITY

:iconmistyeyesxx:
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Jul 8, 2008
not only is it hard to get lots of watcheres here on this place/site but it is like even harder on youtube. i have been tryin for weeks to get people to subscribers but it is like way hard and i am FED UP.

Devious Comments

:iconanjules:
anjules Featured By Owner Aug 22, 2008  Hobbyist Photographer
Flame bait.

:lock:
:iconalovernotafighter:
alovernotafighter Featured By Owner Aug 21, 2008
It is hard to "get popularity" on here. But as =SylverKitsune said, I don't think it's quite the problem here :o
:iconwarthogdemon:
WarthogDemon Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2008   Writer
Your problem is you're TOO damn popular.
:iconderelict-heart:
derelict-heart Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2008
This girl must have plunged into the bad gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching...

In response to your, err... complaint... life isn't fair. There are plenty of superb artists on here who deserve more watches, favs, etc. than they receive. Perhaps if you took the time to craft some quality, and the keyword here is quality, artwork, people would flock to your page. I've taken a glance at your page and doing so was well, sinful. Taking multiple "myspace angle" photographs simply cannot be considered "art." Art takes much more than just utilizing ten seconds of your life to generate a filter in Photoshop or adding text declaring yourself a "Photo Maniper EXtrordinare" (in your language, anyway). Maybe if you used proper spelling/grammar, that self-bestowed title would persuade people, but as far as I'm concerned, you're just making a mockery of yourself. As for your video "blog," people don't want to watch videos of a sullen, distraught girl sobbing about trivial matters or "singing" a few syllables of a rock song. Good day.
:iconbloodlust-kid:
Bloodlust-Kid Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2008
Here's your solution: Do something awesome.
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2008
lol i am trying but WHAT
:iconxxshaelxx:
xxshaelxx Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2008  Hobbyist General Artist
yeah....um...I have actually posted things that can be considered photomanipulations, and I don't have very many watchers, other than my friends. It's a popularity contest, and the reason why you're complaining over this fact misses my understanding. Oh, wait, no it doesn't, because as I have already stated, you're doing all of this for the attention. Please get over yourself.
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2008
what that did not make any sense
:iconoxymustard:
oxymustard Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2008
Ever tried the things you're doing in a bikini? I'm sure your light will shine then.
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Aug 7, 2008
haha no but i will think of it
Holler at your boy when you do it.
um what boy?
Keep in touch. :P
huh?
oxymustard Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2008
Nevermind >_>
:iconthe-rainbow-jackal:
The-Rainbow-Jackal Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2008
Maybe its just because... oh, I don't know. You suck? And you're about as entertaining as watching the grass grow? Just a thought.
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2008
ya w/e i probly have more then you
:iconllama-xing:
Llama-Xing Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2008
It's only because you draw attention to yourself by posting here. I bet if you really hated all these comments you thread called "slutt???" would have been the last time we would have heard from you. And like I said earlier, I've been here longer than you (when I had my old account which is totally abandoned- this is actually my newer acccount) and you have way more pagviews than I do. Why can't you just take that an be happy. There are people who have really good artwork, but nobody even looks at their stuff.
:iconthe-rainbow-jackal:
The-Rainbow-Jackal Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2008
HAHA What? You're kidding, right?
Actually yea, you probably do have more people coming to see your magnificent pile of horse-shit, but thats only because they're positively amused by how stupid you are.
:icondisabledlamb:
DisabledLamb Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2008
What have you done to earn popularity?
:iconfooly-cooly:
FOOLY-COOLY Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2008  Student
What are you talking about? Getting popularity is just like getting a haircut.
huh?
FOOLY-COOLY Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2008  Student
It's sarcasm.

Expecting popularity to come quickly and at your will requires a lot of time (to establish yourself in the community and stuff) and effort on your part, and won't necessarily happen, even if you do try hard and wait.
:iconhisnameisdaveyoufool:
HisnameisDaveyoufool Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2008
:no: trust me pal-o, she ain't listining.
FOOLY-COOLY Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2008  Student
Yeah, I figured as much once I read some of the replies. :lol:
HisnameisDaveyoufool Featured By Owner Aug 4, 2008
I got an idea. How about we make Mistyeyes a deal. If she requests a lock for this thread and doesn't post in here again, we'll lay off...

or are the lulz too precious?
well sorry but i can post if i want
HisnameisDaveyoufool Featured By Owner Aug 5, 2008
:unimpressed: So you'd rather have us antagonize you?
:iconkameira:
Kameira Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2008
Maybe more people would watch you if you didn't look like such a whore, what with your mouth open like that and everything.
:iconjesih:
JesiH Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2008
You really like verbal abuse, don't you?
HisnameisDaveyoufool Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2008
And now, Brahms's "Ukranian Dead Thread is Dead Funeral March." Ladies and gentleman, John Williams and the Failsville Symphony Orchestra!

:iconspaceplz::iconspaceplz::iconspaceplz::iconspaceplz::iconjohnwilliamsplz:
:iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawplz::iconbawwplz::iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz:
:iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawplz::iconbawwplz::iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz::iconepicfailplz:
:iconfailplz::iconfailplz::iconepicfailplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawwplz::iconepicfailplz::iconfailplz::iconfailplz:
:iconlolnoplz::iconlolnoplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawwplz::iconbawwplz::iconlolnoplz::iconlolnoplz:
:iconinkyluca:
Inkyluca Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2008
Why is this shit STILL here?

God damn you people, just let it die!!!
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2008  Professional Artisan Crafter
You know, I followed some links here and discovered the Encyclopedia Dramatica for the first time.

Considering my own egotism, brashness, rudeness, and my talent for extreme political incorrectness and completely pissing people off, I'm surprised (and somewhat disappointed) that I don't have my own entry there.

So take heart, you are indeed popular in your own perverted way. Then again, Paris Hilton and B. Hussein Obama are popular.
:iconthe-rat-monkey:
The-Rat-Monkey Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2008
guess you're not interesting enough.
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2008
i think just not lots of peaople know yet
:iconthe-march-hare:
The-March-Hare Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2008
It's not uncommon to not have watchers. I've been on here for 4 years and I still don't have all that many watchers. There's a lot of people, and just because there's a lot of people, doesn't mean that they have to all be interested in your work. Maybe it's not everyone else...
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2008
well ok but i hope more ppl watch me
:iconthe-march-hare:
The-March-Hare Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2008
I think with the way you're going about things, it's not going to make people watch you.
:iconclassical-poses:
Classical-Poses Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2008
It's not hard to get popularity. It's hard to find truly intimate connections with people that will shape the way you see the world.
:iconblackinfinity666:
BlackInfinity666 Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2008   Traditional Artist
read: [link]
:iconeverroxas:
EverRoxas Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2008
I think one should be more concerned about that in real life...rather than online. Then again, what do I know? :roll:
:iconloveinthesnow:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2008  Hobbyist
Well put...
:iconitsmejonas:
ItsmeJonas Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2008
it aint thát hard :O just be gentle and happy :D i got ~1,2k pageviews in less then 2 months by being friendly and posting some deviations
:iconloveinthesnow:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Jul 24, 2008  Hobbyist
Don't complain about not being popular... you seem *pretty* popular to me...

Try to get some real pictures up, make them good, and have a nice day.
:iconzaiger420:
zaiger420 Featured By Owner Jul 24, 2008  Professional Digital Artist
Have you seen the article on you on Encyclopedia Dramatica yet?
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2008
ya it doesnt even know what its saying so much stuff is wrong or w/e i get it is to be mean which is anoter story but why not get stuff right it just proves that there just mean for mean
zaiger420 Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2008  Professional Digital Artist
They are just being mean to be mean, that is the whole point. You are giving them ammunition though. If I were you I would close all of my accounts and start over from scratch, that was people might stop trolling you. I feel bad for you, I really do, but it's almost as if you are asking for it.
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2008
well this IS my new acount
zaiger420 Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2008  Professional Digital Artist
Well, the first thing I would do if I were you is have this thread locked. And get ready for a shit storm, because your page on ED isn't even classified on the DA portal yet, and once it is a million more people are going to see it, and troll your account.
MistyEyesxX Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2008
oh no i already have one guy doing it w/ a name just like mine and he took a pic of me and my icon so now everyone thinks its me and i dont know what to do about it. people were already so nasty it's gonna get worse! :(
Add a Comment: