Details

September 14
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Need some ideas for a literature group

:iconevil0verlady:
evil0verlady Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
I posted a similar thread in the showcase section, but I haven't gotten a reply.

I have a group that's meant to be an idea dump for writers. Writer comes up with an idea but for whatever reason doesn't feel like writing it, but wouldn't mind someone else taking the idea and writing it. Drop it in this group.

I can't seem to get people interested in the group. I would really like some suggestions.

And if I'm still in the wrong thread to ask this, my apologies. Please, go to the showcase forum and reply there.

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconlukechester:
LukeChester Featured By Owner 2 hours ago
It's an amazing idea. We tried to do something like this with colleagues. We gathered together and exchanged different ideas. It was a bit difficult at first, but then we tried brainstorming techniques. It was a real skill booster ;) One of the best tools for a literature group. You have a very short period of time to solve a task, so your brain starts working whether it wants to or not. Anyway, it was a positive experience.
:iconito44:
Ito44 Featured By Owner Edited 1 day ago  New Deviant
Hiii! I'm a new member and would love to join this club. Please send me an invite 
evil0verlady Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Writer
Okay. ^^;
:iconluvliartlady:
luvliartlady Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ooooh, a plot bunny group? Sounds intriguing (as if I didn't have enough plot bunnies in my head already :D (Big Grin) Sweating a little...) - what's it called? I'll join! 
I'll send you an invite. I'm not sure how the moderators would feel if I advertised it on this particular thread. Thanks for the interest! :D
:iconluvliartlady:
luvliartlady Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I got the invite and accepted it - thanks so much!
You're welcome.
Here's a link to the other thread, if anyone's interested: https://www.deviantart.com/forum/showcase/social/2649429/
:iconsaartha:
saartha Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
I think the 'proper' term for having too many ideas to ever write is called a 'plot bunny'. As for how to attract people to it...the only way I tend to hear about groups is when they're doing contests & the lit staff advertises it. That sort of community interaction might get you a few followers.
evil0verlady Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
I don't have the money to spare to offer prizes for contests.
:iconsaartha:
saartha Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
No money is necessarily needed. You can offer other things, like journal features, offering to critique one or two of the winner's lit pieces, that sort of thing.
:icontangiwai:
Tangiwai Featured By Owner Edited 4 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Why not just make it about writing prompts, or what's often called plunnies or plot bunnies.  Folks that being writers post plunnies they don't want to write for, but they have the idea.  Someone picks it up and rolls with it if they want too.  Could work.  Dunno how many would be interested in it though. 
I don't know. It's not really a writing prompts group. Prompts are for people who need ideas. This is for people who already have too many ideas and want to unload some of them. :/

I can't be the only person with that problem. I just don't know where to find others who have that problem.
:icondezaaden:
DeZaaden Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Writer
Not quite sure, what this thread is supposed to be, in the title, you say you need ideas, but in the post, you say this is an idea dump. I'm not quite sure, if this fits, but maybe this is what you imagine to be posted here: Scrap Collection
I need ideas of ways to attract writers to come to this group (which is a stories ideas group).
Add a Comment: