Replies: 22

What movie/tv show inspires your work?

:icontwisight:
Twisight Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
For me it would be anything anime or vampire related

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconkyounginkim:
KyoungInKim Featured By Owner Edited Jan 6, 2021  Hobbyist General Artist
I mostly got inspired from Marvel/DC/Image Comics. Their dynamic drawings and linework, and various color sets impressed me. Also, I studied a lot fo color schemes from movies, like Stanley Kubrick movies, John Wick, Joker, Dark Knight...etc.

Commission Work Shulkie and Supes by KyoungInKim Commission Work-Children of Sakaar lives on... by KyoungInKim Lemme show you what I'm made of color by KyoungInKim PG with Spidey mask 1 color without speeches by KyoungInKim

Sometimes, I got inspired by modern pop artists such as Andy Warhol and Roy Liechtenstein. So I manage to convey their style in my artworks like this one.

Marvel and DC friends Liechtenstein ver by KyoungInKim
:iconarcantbleizez:
ArcantBleizez Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2021  Student General Artist
Disney stuff like Frozen and Tangled inspired me a lot,
anime like bleach and fruit basket inspired me a lot and formed the base basic of my art
you will not see this anymore in my art because it really was deep inspiration

apparently I still have disney vibe in my gurls? idk XD maybe
let you judge
Liliana Elf Version by ArcantBleizez   Under The Rain by ArcantBleizez

I've been more inspired by manga and comic authors and specific artists recently so yeah, shifted a lot
:icontangiwai:
Tangiwai Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2021  Hobbyist General Artist
Fantasy-related, scifi or crime/thriller.  Anime is OK, but I prefer the fantasy/crime/thriller animes like Sirius the Jaeger.
:iconxurora:
Xurora Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2021  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pokemon jump started my love for drawing, Beastars and Aggretsuko motivated me to focus on characteristics n’ personalities for characters, and many shows and movies shifted my view from cell shading to being a full tryhard on lighting n’ soft shading kek
:iconmini-wolfsbane:
Mini-Wolfsbane Featured By Owner Edited Dec 29, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
X-Men and Sailor Moon. I probably draw too much X-Men and use lots of Sailor Moon poses, but it's the only thing that really inspires me to draw. Also, I know everyone on here's a lot better than me and I kinda suck. (cough) Also I SEEM TO REALLY LIKE BRIGHT COLORS! The phrase "tone it down" does not exist in my gallery. XD 

Like a duck stand next to a tall, graceful heron by Mini-Wolfsbane The Best of Friends by Mini-Wolfsbane    Concern by Mini-Wolfsbane In the Study by Mini-Wolfsbane

Shock by Mini-Wolfsbane     XME Gambit Creature Couple Piece by Mini-Wolfsbane    All Dressed Up by Mini-Wolfsbane

A few non X-Men pieces:

AOS Animated Style by Mini-Wolfsbane    Can I dream Just a Little Longer by Mini-Wolfsbane     Stars by Mini-Wolfsbane    Cassie by Mini-Wolfsbane The Greatest and Most Epic Team by Mini-Wolfsbane

Very, very proud of the Pokemon one. Inked, colored and shaded all by hand! 
:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I guess everything that has sci-fi and fantasy elements in it. And if there is mystery mixed in with sci-fi.
:iconbradyleavell:
BradyLeavell Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2020  New Deviant
I think any Pokemon series is a good show to look for how to do simplistic lighting and shading.
:iconalicewarren:
alicewarren Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist
Watership Down, The X Files, Fantastic Planet, Eyes Wide Shut

BE NOT AFRAID background by alicewarren   
:iconartakaworks:
ArtakaWorks Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The animation style from The Prince of EgyptAtlantis: The Lost Empire and the generally cel-shaded look of anime are probably my biggest visual inspirations.
:iconkianlon:
Kianlon Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2020
Some major inspirations for me when I started out were Digimon, Fruits Basket, and Tokyo Mew Mew... boy did *that* shift over time. I'd say currently that Danganronpa, many comic book artists, and Drawfee are my biggest art inspirations. 
:iconthehaxman:
TheHaxMan Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2020  Student Filmographer
Lupin the third for me. I love that smirk! Hahaha.
:icontiiatanner:
TiiaTanner Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2020  Professional General Artist
Variety of things. 
Horror anime, Junji Ito Manga, Watership Down, taxidermy...

Rabbit Study by TiiaTanner Dino Walk  by TiiaTanner Horse Skull Paintover by TiiaTanner
:iconcatfish-creek:
catfish-creek Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
over the garden wall,, i'd say that inspired me more than anything. the cute, cartoony characters, coupled with the spookiness and detail of the monsters, surroundings, and general mood is something i incorporate in my own artwork and stories.
:iconoperaghost:
operaghost Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2020  Professional
Russian sci-fi films like Coma  etc some listed here  www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfAhQf…   Better than American ones and less agendafied.  I like Russian cinematic and storytelling style.  From TV BBC series help to build mood trough emotions and vibes  - like Spooks,  Broadchurch and Bodyguard.
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Edited Dec 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Everything with movie or shows would be fan art.

Riddick by achipps

When you create your own stories, you would feel even better when it has fans. Then you know they are not there because they are a fan of the show or movie, but your creation and you, the artist and creator. 

It becomes a different kind of inspiration. You get inspiration from a little fame. People will like you almost as much as your art, because they never see you, but people that know you in person would think you are amazing. Then it is harder to see when they don't know you and say something good to sell you something, so you think everyone wants something when they say nice things. They might say, you are a genius, and you ask the "What do you want." If they are a fan, they will take it as an opportunity to ask for something. A con would do the same, but it would not always be for art.  
:iconblue-kachina:
Blue-Kachina Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Every police stuff related, Broklin 99, Naked Gun, Cybercops...
:iconxr4p1d:
Xr4p1d Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
The Joy of Painting and Pacific Rim
:icontianasama:
TianaSama Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2020  Student General Artist
My main inspiration is the anime Bleach, but also cartoons, like Hazbin Hotel, Danny Phantom, Little Vampire, old french cartoons,...
Hazbin Hotel AU : Alistair/Maribel by TianaSama   HitsuHina : Danny Phantom x BLEACH by TianaSama   BLEACH : Cirucci (Little Vampire Style) by TianaSama   FANART : Cedric/Nicolas by TianaSama   
:iconriger44:
Riger44 Featured By Owner Edited Dec 5, 2020  Student General Artist
Action anime.
:icontangiwai:
Tangiwai Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Anything fantasy or scifi that's got grit.  Although I like a good thriller, comedy and horror flick too.  
:iconfujinaka:
Fujinaka Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Lots of Neil Blomkamp and Dune.  Maybe throw in some of Moebius' stuff like The Fifth Element in there.

Pirate Frigate by Fujinaka    Aky by Fujinaka   Jet Bike by Fujinaka  
:iconyancn6b:
yancn6b Featured By Owner Edited Dec 3, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I watch cartoon a lot, so i  think it is Steven Universe and Disney Princesses inspires your work mainly

old pic
Disney Tangled-Rapunzel by yancn6b Pearl by yancn6b  
:icondingbat1991:
Dingbat1991 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So I've been on a Martin Scorsese binge the past month and it's kind of made me want to do something different in comparison to the art I usually do. Something to capture the cold, gritty, urban streets and low-key activity.

I have this in sta.sh but it's not part of my main collection.
11-23-20 by Dingbat1991  
Add a Comment: