Details

Closed to new replies
November 30, 2020
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

My first attempt at a digital realistic head shot!

:iconairrissa:
AIRRISSA Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
AIRRISSA by AIRRISSA What do you guys think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmellon-snow:
Mellon-Snow Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
As mentioned, it's a good first attempt!

Like Questionball above stated, try using more hard shadows along with the soft ones! When you only use airbrush, the results tends to look "plastic-y".
Composition wise: even when you're only focusing on a face, consider drawing the neck also and maybe part/ the beginning of the shoulders. Without, it's just a floating face haha.

Keep it up, you're doing great! :D
:iconquestionball:
Questionball Featured By Owner Edited Dec 1, 2020  Student General Artist
I see that you used a lot of airbrushes for shadows and light, maybe try painting with more hard brushes? Your drawing won't look so foggy and it'll look more painterly. Colors are pretty great, proportions are also quite neat, very nice for a first attempt, keep it up! :D (I forgot to add that I'm talking about your updated painting in the comments)
:iconxr4p1d:
Xr4p1d Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not bad buddy! Although i do agree with the comment below.
You can compare your first attempt to mine which is way worse!See for yourself!
My Journey by Xr4p1d  
That 2020 one looks fantastic!
:icontangiwai:
Tangiwai Featured By Owner Edited Nov 30, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
That's actually pretty good for a first attempt.  I think the right eye looks a bit wonky, slightly off in terms of alignment but it's good.  Proportion is nice.  Mouth and nose are good.  Hair is a bit flat.  I'm a bit weirded out by the pupils in the eye. The spirallyness makes me think of a frontloader washing machine. I keep expecting to see them spin in a circle like in an animated gif.
Yeah, it's supposed to look like me, my eyes are a bit uneven. xD I thought the shine in the eyes were a bit off, too.
Tangiwai Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
It is terrible that this made be laugh and feel ashamed of myself at the same time? I'm sorry, but it is a good first attempt. Your proportions were spot on, even with the slight unevenness in the eye. I think the way you did the 'eye shine' is a little odd. It looks like a curve and a dot in the middle, reminding me of a wheel. Thus the spiral effect. Although I was also reminded of the Albed spiral eyes from Final Fantasy X in the character Rikku too. You did well for a first try, better than I did. XD.
AIRRISSA Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
AIRRISSA by AIRRISSA Fixed?
Tangiwai Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Awesome. Eyes look good, the highlights are neat too. Good going on the lashes too. They're difficult to do on eyes.
AIRRISSA Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks! I'll be updating it! I honestly think the eyes were too big as well. I don't think I'm actually that uneven lol I'll update it.
Add a Comment: