Closed to new replies
November 28, 2020
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Inaccuracy and improper scaling

:iconedxaeriknav:
edxaeriknav Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2020
I have been trying to draw, and it went well until until I started putting the pieces together. To be specific, I followed along a site that tells how to draw specific pieces, items, etc.; I take that information, draw on paper, then *trace* said drawings in Blender. I have found myself, as a strange result, drawing anything I find on paper to later trace onto Blender. (Read: I do not trace directly, in case anyone wants to get technical.) All of this goes fine but beside the point. I have tried, but I am unable to correctly scale the pieces, and this is *before* adding hair, which I cannot figure out a way to apply depth to, much less a backing. I am here to ask multiple questions, some of which may seem obvious, but I believe such answers to be highly informative:

1: Is the result of incorrect scaling due to an inconsistent artstyle?
2: ...Unproportional parts?
3: Outside of this, may I ask if there is anything of interest before attempting to add any hair?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

edxaeriknav Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2020
3 days later:
Combined/improved pieces 1 by edxaeriknav
Seeing this, may I ask what anyone's opinion is, based on the clothing and hair in particular?
:icongabloo:
gabloo Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2020  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
you should give Krita a try, it´s free opensource like blender
edxaeriknav Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2020
3 hours later:
I want to...if I knew where to begin with it. I had tried in the past, but using it was not as simple as it seemed, I was overwhelmed. Blender does things a little differently. However, I will give Krita a try in the new future, if this means anything to you.
:icongabloo:
gabloo Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2020  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
to be honest I never tried animating stuff in Krita but as far as drawing is concerned itīs an amazing piece of software.
edxaeriknav Featured By Owner Edited Nov 30, 2020
Here, this video was made as a test for it, a short one, I intend to try more later. www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYGih…
edxaeriknav Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2020
So, I tried a few things pertaining to animation, I intend to try again at a later point, there are a few ways I can animate.
:icontalentlessfiend:
talentlessfiend Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2020
Why Blender? Are you making a 2d puppet out of them?
My only piece of advice is put the pieces together and scale piece to what you feel they should be.
Once you've gotten your collage, redraw over the whole thing to make it more cohesive and unified.
edxaeriknav Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2020
...Well, yes and no. To be clear, I intend to animate the results at some point. I had previously tried to put things together, but, it didn't work out so well, and I could never figure out why. I will try, once again, to put everything together and look it over, thank you for responding.
Screenshot 2020-11-28 192424
The problem is that, stemming from last time, it looked...less than appealing. However, I will try again until I get it right.
Add a Comment: