Details

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2020
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

what's the point Original character's?

Hidden by Commenter

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I make OCs because I like making webcomics and world building for fun. they help flesh out the worlds and give me ideas of things to explore while working on these worlds! 

Adopts are kind of below my abilities, but I do kind of get it. it's basically just a reverse commission. and i can see it being useful for newer artists to acquire a character or two to build a world or comic around.
:iconxr4p1d:
Xr4p1d Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah i too wonder who the fk buy/adopt character.like i mean you can just literally copy the design and change things a little and boom,free adopt.
:iconvanesa101:
Vanesa101 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2020
That's copyright infringement and you can get sued
:iconxr4p1d:
Xr4p1d Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
oh yeah? how about "changing the design so it's less obvious" ? Totally original content
:iconjolylad:
JolyLad Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2020
I only see adobt's as a scam.

To each their own.
:icondqube:
dqube Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There is only this much "originality" in original characters.Every design is already made how much can you do with 7 colors pointy chins big eyes and spiky hair? The possibility of 2 characters having overlaping features is ridiculously high. Unless you want to make an original character with a personality and story that you find appealing for yourself there is no point. 
Add a Comment: