Details

November 15, 2020
Link

Statistics

Replies: 58

Im having trouble to get my art noticed

:iconmeruudraws:
meruudraws Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Hi! I do NSFW art, I upload it here on Da, and for the las months, its getting near impossible for me to reach new people with my art. Nobody sees it, it doesent get any views when uploaded... Any tricks on how could I reach more people here on DA? Thank you!!

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconwhite-firefly-artist:
White-Firefly-Artist Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2021  Student Digital Artist
i have started up a youtube and struggle to get more than 30 views - any way to solve that? www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZeK3… Bakugou Sacrifices Himself for Deku?! Etsy Com by White-Firefly-Artist  
:iconthecatartist1:
TheCatArtist1 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I got that similar problem too. When you got less of faves each of your artwork, it doesn't mean it's bad, but depending the quality of your artwork. When I ask someone on discord server related to art topic, I was told that I need more interactions with as much people as I can, and so do you. Comment on some artworks from some people and also interact more people in the forums
:iconreanjodrigues:
reanjodrigues Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I feel you mate, it's really annoying to work for hours on some artwork and don't receive some love from it  No, I disagree!
:iconemperorseverne:
EmperorSeverne Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Your username sounds familiar... :stare:

People have been bailing left and right since March, so it's been significantly more difficult trying to get an audience here these days.
...And as it seems, SFW artists are getting hit harder than NSFW ones.

Not sure where or how to alleviate this problem, since people have pretty much scattered across the Internet making it incredibly more difficult to find an audience.
meruudraws Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Familiar?
:iconsol-dlegere:
Sol-DLegere Featured By Owner Edited Dec 26, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah.. I can relate too... Hmm, ive been hearing about people leaving DA... is that true? I just got back here and I'm planning to be more active here, what do you think guys?

P.s Got 3 watchers...
:iconbelphemond:
Belphemond Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2020  Student Digital Artist
I receive like 10 views, but I don't get so much comments or faves. I do some nsfw art too (I do also sfw and Egyptian style) I think it's hard to find people that apreciate nsfw art, I can be wrong but it's just my opinion.
:iconxmonstergirlshideout:
xMonsterGirlsHideout Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Tell me if you find a solution,  i  lost a half of my  account veterans, and  comments at all 
meruudraws Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Nothing yet Im afraid...
:iconxmonstergirlshideout:
xMonsterGirlsHideout Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
thats bad
:iconmisszinc:
MissZinc Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I fully relate, but in my case is mostly SFW (The only censored things are because of gore/blood)
The worst part of it is that I put it on groups and put a lot of tags so, I don't get what I'm doing wrong :(

I guess I'll move to insta. Reddit seems like a good place to post things as well.
:icongametrek:
GameTrek Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2020  Professional General Artist
Sigh...... uncensored art is on many other websites.

DA is more like a beacon or a. Calling card where you could have a community. Like what Yahoo, AOL, or Google was.

My opinion is yo not single yourself on da and use other websites. There are tons for nook nook out there.

However many pages have been censoring artists. Many things removed especially since Australlia and England have been on the rampage.

I fear might have learn Japanese, or Russian, or dear god.....French
:iconchanzyro:
chanzyro Featured By Owner Edited Dec 14, 2020  New Deviant Student Digital Artist
I suggest you use tags! and join different groups or contests.
Reddit and Amino are also a place that can get your posts pop without followers too! good luck! 
meruudraws Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Thank you! Good to know!
:icon100-exp:
100-EXP Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I started watching you. I got my followers slowly over the years here but I had to be active and submit artwork to different adult groups. It is also good to fav and comment other artists. I say 50% of my watchers are artists. Also fan art is a big thing. My highest viewed/fav are fan arts and its mostly of whatever was popular at that moment.

Thats from my experience but everyone else probably already gave some good advice!
meruudraws Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Lookin god thanks!
:iconraikairan:
RaikaiRan Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2020   Digital Artist
I have no idea why a lot of people think dA is dead now. I get a lot of new watchers scince april. c: I can't say that I am unhappy with dA at the moment
:iconsassyfever:
Sassyfever Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think because of Eclipse people are leaving. I had an old account that I posted my art on, my art has visibly improved, but I'm getting LESS views/favorites from before. Lol I expected it to be the opposite, my take on it is because of Eclipse. I'm used to it, and I like that you can like comments now, but I still miss the old DA...
:iconlalaspeculiarities:
LalasPeculiarities Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
NSWF is totally underrated
meruudraws Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Right??
:iconflapjackstudios:
FlapjackStudios Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2020
You can advertise your art page or do an exchange with another artist on comicad network (www.comicad.net/).

It's a network specifically for comics, art, and games. And also anime, books, figurines.

Check it out. :)
:iconorchidkitty:
orchidkitty Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2020   Digital Artist
I noticed that after eclipse a lot of people and watchers left dA. I get way more interaction with people on Tumblr or pixiv. Seems dead here.
Sometimes posting in groups still works, but it is very hard to find active groups.
:iconbewwywafflez:
Bewwywafflez Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Omg I feel you! I’ve been posting lots of detailed finished artworks lately and for some reason everything just died down. Like I get lots of views but barely any likes!
:iconakhdas:
Akhdas Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There's thumbshare forum section if you really want that numbers to go up. Additionally, you can fav spam to get more viewer
:iconshothegifted:
ShoTheGifted Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2020  Professional Filmographer
HA! Me too! I’ll check you out... and I invite you to do the same no pressure.
:iconconquestroad94:
ConquestRoad94 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've just started to try my hand at NSFW art, and I seem to get more people noticing my art than they did with the regular SFW work that I did. I usually try to use as many hashtags as I can and I also try to submit my art to as many groups as I can. I've found that it not only helps people to notice the new piece but also the older art that I've done as well.
:iconkrawsgreynd:
KrawsGreynd Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2020  New Deviant Professional Digital Artist
I see you are a person of culture as well.  Thanks for making this thread.  I see some nice advice.
:iconpaintedfreakshow:
PaintedFreakshow Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2020  New Deviant Student Digital Artist
I have trouble with that on twitter. Then again I only have 11 followers. I do speed painting on youtube and I'm a very small youtuber with only 22 subs. I just started 2 weeks ago. what I've learned is that you have to promote yourself, not only on one platform, but on multiple if you really want to get noticed and get big. Try making a twitter, instagram, tiktok, facebook and whatever kind of other accounts there are out there and show off your art to people. Also another helpful tip is to go on other people's posts and say something nice about it. Maybe even kind of slightly mention that you do art as well and I bet more people would look at your art. I wish you the best of luck!
:iconriiful:
Riiful Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2020   Digital Artist
I can relate, I have the same trouble T-T
I add works to groups and share them on the dA forum, maybe this will help you
If you want to talk about it send me a private message
:iconninjastooge:
NinjaStooge Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I can relate. Cry forever

DA is dead since the new eclipse layout. I love DA...but I think a lot of people are leaving because of DA's new layout.
:iconzirkon777:
Zirkon777 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
What about twitter? Is it good?
:iconaramey44:
Aramey44 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Aside from sharing art in dA groups, posting some of my stuff on reddit really helped me, though it's easier to find the right place there for ecchi fanarts than for nude OCs. I know some fandoms have subreddits specifically for NSFW/rule34 art, so you need to do some research.
meruudraws Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Thanks!
:iconbadartmakamati:
After eclipse was launched 95% of my watchers disappeared within days. The groups worked before really well, I was able to put my fanart or themed art there and gain here and there watchers. Shortly before eclipse I had around 700 watchers, it was really a success for me after 2years on DA and I sometimes even managed to get into that "popular 24h" section.
Now groups are dead, people are gone. I think the reason is that a lot of groups were maintained by people that just left DA and where responsible for approve if a pic will be displayed in the group or not... since they are gone u won't be able to get your illustration uploaded anymore. It's just pointless.

As for me, DA is dead. I am just here cause I still have a few very faithful watchers and was asked to stay. But my main audience is now insta or tumblr, I even get more attention on special fanart forums than here. It's a success when I get 6 views at all for a pic I upload.
Also, quality here is sometimes awful, idk why but I get horrible suggestions on my main DA-page and then I wonder how they get 100 faves with that poor quality. DA made me feel redundant.

Well... idk how to gain any attention here, I just post stuff for my 10 people, cause they seem to truly like my stuff.

P.s.: maybe I sound mean but, I would never do watch for watch. Apparently that's the only way here on DA how awful artists get pushed though.
I can support someone if they ask me for help but watch for watch? Oh no, if someone likes my art, fine, if he watches me just so I watch him something is very wrong. Genuine interest is what I want... maybe I am just bad though and don't deserve recognition.
meruudraws Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I totally agree on what you say. Thats true, that before I was able to get more biews. Also, DA always has been a place for mediocre art to success, but thats not wat troubles me. Maybe people has left, Ive been waiting for pictures to get approved in groups for days...
besides twitter, do you know amy other good place to advertise nsfw art and try get commissions?
:iconbadartmakamati:
BadArtMaKaMaTi Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2020
Try maybe reddit, there are a lot of subreddits for a lot of different themes: art, animes, fandoms etc. You can also find nsfw sections of different fandoms without fearing consequences. You mark your nsfw pic as nsfw, it will be blurred in the list and people who want to see it will just click on it, who doesn'twant to see, just leaves it. It's safe and you can get quite some recognition.
What I realised in reddit though, either u really make high quality art or something that catches the people's nerve.. if u want to do commissions, you can search for a community on reddit that is especially for commissions, just search there and advertise yourself. I didn't try it yet since I am neither painting nsfw (yet haha) nor doing commissions atm but I think it's one way.
Just check for the quantity of members you want to share your art, some subreddit might sound suiting but has just 10 members, try rather some groups with at least 1k members so u make sure to get more traffic.
meruudraws Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Ill try doing that. Thanks! Never used Reddit before, but shouldnt be difficult. Your art looks amazing btw!
:iconliquidfrogstudios:
LiquidFrogStudios Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Somebody asked something similar on the general forum, so I'll kindly copy my reply for you to see:

"As for how to promote yourself, I try to put my artworks in as many groups as possible (sadly, many of them are dead now, so you'll have to keep trying). I hand out llamas to other small users to get them to notice me, and if they are kind enough to give me a watch, I always give them a watch back! I sometimes post on this forum thingy, but I haven't noticed much success with that so far (many people don't even reply). : (

As far as making money from art... I'm light-years away from that level right now, so sorry I can't help you there! I would love to be able to make money from my art, but I'm only a hobbyist right now, and I definitely need more skill to be able to feel justified in negotiating commissions..."

Not that I'm a success story or something. I only have barely over 40 watchers after 8 years on this site... : (
:iconzoroii:
ZOROII Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2020  Professional General Artist
Let's try more
:iconthehaxman:
TheHaxMan Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2020  Student Filmographer
Yep, interact with other people (leave comments etc) and they'll be likely to do the same to you. It helps when they're in a similar category (nsfw in your case.)
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
is your hashtag game on point?

eclipse's search function relies heavily on tags and descriptive text. 
meruudraws Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
How could I improve them?
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just make sure you're using as many tags you can that are applicable to your images ;) they let you do 30.
I usually put less than 30... I´ll do so!
:iconbuppythepup:
buppythepup Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
use trending or most used btw!
:iconjade-everstone:
Jade-Everstone Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2020  Student General Artist
Like others, I'll STRONGLY suggest groups. Mainly because NSFW on DA is by default hidden (It'll still show up in search, but only if users turned off the mature content filter)

I'm not an NSFW artist myself but I think part of the reason attention's been dry is because a lot of them migrated to other platforms (Twitter, Furaffinity, Toyhouse if they do OC-related stuff). So interacting with what community's left is important if you wanna gain traction
I’ll do that, thank you!!
:iconoperaghost:
operaghost Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2020  Professional
no one on-line knows I exist, although I know companies which fan art I do know I exist at least, and their followers have rated my art high, but I am still unknown no body. probably because I am not very social media heavy spammer.
:iconzoroii:
ZOROII Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2020  Professional General Artist
I am the same
:iconpaladinpainter:
PaladinPainter Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
we all have that problem, especially since the last update 

there's not much we can do besides posting in groups

you can check the ones I'm in, should be a list on my page
Add a Comment: