You can also follow us in the Rainmeter Forum [link]
What is ForceX System Monitor:
FXSM is a simple GUI that will display the status of vital components of your system. Features include:
1. Monitor 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 core cpu (Hyper threading)
2. Monitor the current number of Processes <--- New 1.4
3. Monitor the current "Top Process"
4. Monitor the System Uptime <--- New 1.3
5. Monitor system RAM usage
6. Monitor system SWAP file usage
7. Monitor Network Utilization and WAN / Local IP addresses
.....a. Monitor your total upload and download <--- New 1.4
............1. To reset your upload / download counter just click on "Total UL or Total DL". This will set the count back to 0.
8. Choose to monitor up to 7 HDD
.....a. Monitor the current read / write bandwidth for each drive
.....b. Monitor drive space usage for each drive
.....c. Drive meters change color to red when a drive reaches 90% <--- New 1.3
9. Dynamic naming of HDD's in the skin <--- New 2.0
10. Dynamic NT selection for number of connections <--- New 2.0
11. (Optional) Monitor the systems CPU temperature via SpeedFan <--- New 2.0
12. (Optional) Monitor up to 2 system GPUs temperatures via SpeedFan <--- New 2.0
13. Volume meter<--- New 2.1b
14. Open Drive by clicking on the drive letter / name<--- New 2.1b
Uses the Rainmeter skin installer
The downloaded zip file contains a folder named ForceX extract and place this folder into your "Documents/Rainmeter/Skins" folder. Your directory structure should look something like this after: "Documents/Rainmeter/Skins/ForceX"
Tips & Information
Dynamic setting of network connection type based on versions of windows. XP, Vista, 7, & 8 is working, but may need more testing on many different versions of windows to make sure i got all the naming conventions correct.
Network Issues: (the following goes for all Rainmeter skins)
Set your network speed in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file.
Current setting is 18000000 for 18Mb or 2MB
ONLY DO THIS IF NETWORK MONITOR IS DISPLAYING THE WRONG SPEEDS AND YOU HAVE SET YOUR SPEED BASED ON YOUR ISP OR LOCAL LAN
Wireless addon NIC or USB set your Interface number to 0 if 1-5 do not work.
For those of you that may be having problems with the network graph displaying incorrect network speed; you will need to change the interface number under Network Interface Settings in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file. The current interface is set to 3 this is the network interface number on my machine which is the second network port on the motherboard. So make your changes accordingly. Usually 1-5. This goes for all Rainmeter skins you may download, though I have placed this information in the settings.inc file so you only need to make changes in one place. Other skins you may need to change the numbers on many different lines.
Change your drive assignments in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file. Current drive associations are:
Setting up SpeedFan:
SpeedFan is required to be installed in order for the skin to report system temperatures.
To setup SpeedFan:
1: Download and Install from [link]
2. Set SpeedFan to startup with windows by adding it to the startup folder.
3. Configure SpeedFan to monitor your GPUs and CPU. Do this by clicking Configure and selecting the check boxes by the GPUs and CPU. The order of the selection list will be how you set up SpeedFan in the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc file. The top most listed item will be number 0. The second will be 1 and so on.
4. Edit the FXSM_V2_Settings.inc files SFCPU= "your number here", SFGPU1 = "your number here" SFGPU2 = "your number here"
5. Refresh the skin.
1. Centered the CPU and GPU temperature bars
2. You can assign a max value for Fahrenheit & Celsius in the FXSM_V3_Settings.inc file. This affects how the temperature bars and graphs scale.
1. Gave the HDD meter it's own internal separation var in the FXSM_V3_Settings.inc file. Change "HDDPadding" to adjust the vertical spacing of the HDD meters independent of the rest of the skin.
Fixed the audio + date & time component internal padding.
1. Custom title bar padding
1. Fixed some color assignment names
1. Added a fan RPM monitor for CPU & 2 AUX fans.
1. Added Fahrenheit as a temperature option
1. Modular components - Pick and choose the components you want and the order you want them to be.
2. Support for transparency out of the box. The default setting is transparent with priority for viewing the skin.
Works still with latest Windows 10. Using Core Temp instead of SpeedFan and for that needed to change few bits. These are the changes I made:
MaxValue=95 ; Replace this depending on your CPU max temperature
MinValue=30 ; Replace this depending on your room temperature
GPU temperature I get from Afterburner. This is what I changed to make it work:
MaxValue=85 ; Replace this depending on your GPU max temperature
MinValue=30 ; Replace this depending on your room temperature
To get network monitor work these are the changes I made:
Substitute="Windows XP":"0","Windows XP Professional":"0","Windows Vista(TM) Home":"1","Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium":"1","Windows Vista(TM) Professional":"1","Windows Vista(TM) Ultimate":"1","Windows 7 Home":"1","Windows 7 Home Premium":"1","Windows 7 Professional":"1","Windows 7 Ultimate":"1","Windows 8 Pro":"1","Windows 10 Pro":"1",,"Windows 10 Home":"1"
That's about it I guess, may the ForceX be with you!
I've been using the same configuration. I did upgrade to windows 10 about two months ago but I don't recall noticing the 100% usage until the past couple of days. I haven't touched the configuration for a long time so I have no idea what might be causing this.
I'd appreciate any help.
The regular sound widget works just fine by the way
Second of all, would it be alright with you if I customize the colors a bit for my personal use?
Lastly, I tried to integrate it, but failed, as this is far from my specialty. jsmorley's USBDrive skin has the ability to detect usb drives and two commenters on his post figured out how to make the bar appear and disappear based on whether or not one is detected. Here is the link to it: jsmorley.deviantart.com/art/US…. I would love to have this as part of your skin if this is something that you would like to do. Of course I don't expect it, but would be ecstatic if it could be done
Anyway, thank you again, and have a nice day.
How to I configure the HDD bar so that when the drive is disconnected/not present the bar does not show GREEN? Or even better a text saying "DISCONNECTED" appears along the bar?
Thanks in advance.
X30 + #SidePadding#)
LeftMouseUpAction=[!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasureWin7Audio ChangeVolume -10"][!Update][!redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasureWin7Audio SetVolume 10"][!Update][!redraw]