1K Favourites574 Comments291K Views
- HTML + CSS + jQuery start page for web browsers
- inspired by Windows 8 screenshots
- easy customizable - via WYSIWYG editor directly in browser
License changed to CC BY-ND 3.0 because of some users, which are sharing not working modifications of my work!
NEW: Support page with download, demo, instructions and FAQs - eight.kx.cz
thumbnails icons could be find here: Thumbnails for "EIGHT" by ~jeppethe
- added WYSIWYG editor of config file - config.htm
- vertically centered screens
- fixed some small bugs in CSS and jQuery
Big update 28.6.2011:
- added ability to have more blocks with names and animated switch between blocks (by clicking, keyboard, mouse wheel)
- compatible with Firefox 5.0, Chrome 12, Opera 11.50, IE8
- added ability to change search engine before searching
- compatible with Firefox 4.0.1, Chrome 12, Opera 11.11, IE8
- added hover effect (can be used or not)
- custom search engine (google, bing, yahoo)
- settings stored in .js file - thanks ~custofreak for nice idea
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License
But you know what? Your license is not correct, as all customization is thus forbidden, I could not for example set pages and give such customized version to someone. It makes no sense, why are you worried?
Hey, I love this startpage but it's a bit zoomed-out-looking. I've edited source.js to get rid of the page titles but I was wondering if there's any way to enlarge the elements on the page without doing them all individually? Any tips?