In Celebration for the return of the most diabolical manipulator of the Sith, and Emperor of the Galaxy, Sheev Palpatine! Here's ten of the many evil moments of the Emperor.
10. Even before the supposed death of his first apprentice, Darth Maul, Palpatine was already seducing Count Dooku to the darkside as his next apprentice. When Maul was revealed to be alive, Palpatine could care less about him, killing his brother, and nearly killing Maul himself if not seeing some use for him.
9. As Anakin Skywalker grew, Palpainte saw his potential to be a future apprentice. He knew of Anakin's anger, and wanted it to rise. He ordered Count Dooku to hire the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine to kidnap Anakin's mother. Her death was the push that changed Anakin forever, one step closer to his transformation as Darth Vader three years since that day.
8. When the Death Star was destroyed, with Vader being the few survivors, Palpatine passed the blame to him. Even though Vader blamed Tarkin, he was dead, and Vader was given punishment. Seeing his lack of use as an apprentice, even after 20 years of service, he ordered Doctor Cylo, creator of Vader's cybernetic suit, to create five possible replacements to Vader. Each believed to be superior to Vader. They were wrong, but at the time, Palpatine didn't see use for him until he proved himself.
7. Palpatine had betrayed his second apprentice, Count Dooku, in the final days of the Clone Wars. Dooku was nothing but willing to serve Palpatine, even helping Anakin turn to the darkside, as well as the cooperation in creating the Clone Army in secret, and a leading founder of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Yet when his death was near, Palpatine willingly ordered Anakin to kill Dooku, even after everything he did. In his final moments, Dooku still didn't confess the true identity of his master, even seeing the look of betrayal on his face.
6. When Anakin was nearly killed in his battle against Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, Palpatine purposely created a flawed suit to save his life, yet limited his power. Palpatine would never allow anyone to surpass him, not even the Chosen one.
5. Palpatine promised Anakin the chance to save his wife, Padme Amidala, he had no choice but to turn to the darkside. Then when Padme died, Palpatine saw this as the perfect final nail in the coffin. He lied to Anakin, claiming he killed Padme in his anger. Ever since that, Vader was wrapped completely around Palpatine's finger.
4. Even in death, Palpatine still wanted the last laugh. He had several contingency plans in case of his demise. One would be the destruction of several planets loyal to the Empire. Basically, if he goes down, they all go down. Operation Cinder was in place, several satellites fired upon loyal worlds, even Naboo, Palpatine's own home world!
3. Palpatine was evil to his core, cared only for his own power. Like Maul and Dooku before him, Vader was to be betrayed and replaced. He saw that the chosen one's son, Luke Skywalker, would be the perfect replacement. He saw in Luke what Anakin was before Mustafar. When Vader seemed at his end, Palpatine ordered him to finish him. 20 years of service, manipulation, and responsible for ruining his life, and Palpatine was ready to finish him off without regret.
2. The Clone Army of the Republic was to be the saviors of the galaxy. Palpatine had both sides of the war in his favor. Control of the Separatists, and secretly the Republic as Supreme Chancellor. What was suppose to be protectors, commissioned by Jedi Sifo Dyas, lead to their own destruction. Order 66 was the end of the Jedi Order and from its ashes was the Galactic Empire. The villain had won, and Palpatine wouldn't face justice for over twenty years later!
1. When Vader accessed the power of the darkside on Mustafar, opening a hole through the force itself to travel through time, the visions he saw was unspeakable. He saw Palpatine, transferring the essence of the darkside into the swollen belly of Anakin's mother. Not only does this mean that maniacal Sith Lord has corrupted Anakin's life even before he was born, but Palpatine may have been Anakin's father!