Once upon a time, a friend bought 2.10m of this beautiful onion dyed diamantina twill - and I fell in love. As he was very sweet, the fabric went to me (after he having decided that it's not enough fabric for his plans) and I set to work.
The dress is unlined, though at hem and neckline there is a small stripe of silk on the inside, the buttons and buttonholes are re-inforced with linnen.
The buttons are small pewterbuttons - I liked them a lot back then, but I think the next dress will have selffabric ones. Though to be honest, the dress was constructed with so little fabric, there was not enough fabric to make them.
If you wonder: The gussets aren't made of a different fabric, but I've had to turn the fabric 90°, and still it is a very small dress - I'd like the hem to be wider, but - it wasn't possible.
The dress has floor length - I am wearing pattens as the ground was sharp gravel (and after spending 30 hours on these shoes and much muscle ache, I am not walking without pattens. Or - not on wet gravel)
Added hems I only found when looking closer into iconography of the 1440ies onward - and by then this dress would be more than just oldfashioned
The pattern is the old and friendly and fabric saving "straight panels with added gores", the full dress was made of very little fabric.