has been hosting Costumery Week
all this week at deviantART.
I'm super excited about this because even though I know almost nothing about making costumes, I am going to provide you with insights about costume design by featuring deviant tutorials
If you love costumes, this article will hopefully be a great resource to provide you with...
(I feel I should mention that none of the articles or features below are in chronological order. Everything is placed by the days that were most appropriate for each link's subject.)
- TUTORIALS that will answer all of your costumery questions
- Links to ARTICLES that feature even more costuming info
- Some fabulous features of COMPLETED COSTUMES
- Art GROUPS that specialize in costumes
It's Costume Design 101. Class is in session. Get ready to have your costumery mind blown!
Sunday - Intro to Cosplay
Costuming Groups armourmakers
- A group dedicated to the creation of armour, for cosplay, original costumes, theatrical and/or historical costumes. Chainmaillers
- People dedicated to chainmail, be it jewelry, armor, or admiring such works. Cos-Club
- Cosplayers and photographers to showcase their work. CosplayAnimes
- Those who create, wear, and/or like costumes and cosplay of anime and manga. CosplayCommunity
- Cosplayers from around the world. CostumeDesignCentral
- Costumers show off their original costumes. Needles-and-Thread
- Those who like to sew what they wear. Star-Wars-Cosplay
- Dedicated to the costumes and props of the Star Wars legacy. Steampunkish
- Appreciating the Steampunk genre, be it with costumes, music, art, sculptures, or anything else. TheatreArtists
- Any art form relating to theatre is welcome.
I hope this article is helpful to costume enthusiasts. It's amazing to me when creative people share their knowledge in ways that inspire and allow others to learn and grow. Thanks to all these great artists for their tutorials!!