Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
About Varied / Hobbyist Core Member Duni Vergo20/Female/United States Recent Activity
Deviant for 3 Years
2 Month Core Membership:
Given by tp-revamp
Statistics 622 Deviations 8,105 Comments 113,882 Pageviews

Newest Deviations

Literature
Tales of Size and Sorcery Chapter 3
                                                                   Battle with a Gnoll woman
                                                                             Dungeon Master
We return to the party, enjoying their discounted meal from Abr
:iconFairyDuni:FairyDuni
:iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 0 0
Literature
Tales of Size and Sorcery Chapter 2

Bathing with a cute gnome
Jasper
Confusion quickly turns into a frown again, and I shake my head. "I'll just keep cleaning through the night, a little work never did anyone any harm," I replied. "Besides, I can make sure that you get out to your fight on time, Vi."
Vislea
"Trust me, I don't intend on being late." I say, crossing my arms. "In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that mutt doesn't show up."
Jasper
"... well, they are rather lazy..." I muttered to myself. "Do try to avoid getting killed, Vi."
Phai Mouse
"Ah, about that. . ." the bard turns to the lady at the counter.  "What do you know about the slavers in this area?  My companion here has decided to pick a fight with one of them."
Vislea
"Don't worry. Once I come back here
:iconFairyDuni:FairyDuni
:iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 3 1
Sapphyr caught a duni fairy for nom noms! by FairyDuni Sapphyr caught a duni fairy for nom noms! :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 14 4
Literature
Tales of Size and Sorcery Chapter 1


Party Beginnings
Dungeon Master

Along a winding coastal road, worn down by wagon wheels and horse hooves, a lone elf walks. Coming from a neighboring country, she is traveling alone. To her left lies the wild, overgrown jungle. To her right, is the sea and a small sandy beach.

Vislea
Vislea, or Vi, as she preferred, sighs as she wipes a small bit of sweat off of her brow. She wasn't used to walking this far of a distance, generally she would have charmed someone into carrying her by now, but she didn't have that luxury at the moment. Despite her aching legs she continues onward, knowing she didn't want to be stuck on the road come nightfall.

Dungeon Master
It's mid afternoon, so you still have some daylight hours left to make your journey, must as you might rather rest. Though true enough,
:iconFairyDuni:FairyDuni
:iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 7 3
Literature
Tales of Size and Sorcery Prologue
Phai Mouse
Out in a small area in a small town, an entertaining scene was taking place, or so the single performer hoped.  Though there weren't many people watching his performance, you'd think he was playing to a crowd of thousands with how he threw himself into his music.  After several rousing pieces, and some applause from those who were there to see his performance, the crowd began to disperse, as the performer began to pack up the instruments he performed with.
Aylia
as the crowd dispersed, an elven woman was clapping her hands for the bard in excitement. She had never seen such a performance from a bard or any bard for that matter. You could even hear some fangirly cheers as well
Phai Mouse
The bard blushed at the particularly enthusiastic reception he was getting from this woman, more expectant of the modest praise he gets from small crowds.  "Oh, my, thank you miss
:iconFairyDuni:FairyDuni
:iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 6 5
Shrunken Amy by FairyDuni
Mature content
Shrunken Amy :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 35 9
Egg.I Duni by FairyDuni Egg.I Duni :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 7 9 Skylar's Traffic Duties by FairyDuni Skylar's Traffic Duties :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 37 12 One year Anniversary with Tina by FairyDuni One year Anniversary with Tina :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 29 15
Literature
Duni the Fairy Hero

Once every week day, Duni would go on her daily exercise routine. However this time, she noticed two people, an older looking man and a woman. It seemed like they were picking on this girl, while she looked to be 18, was a lot shorter and a bit younger than the other two. Not tolerating this, Duni swooped in and landed on one of their heads. The woman turned to the man, along with the younger girl.
“There’s a bug on your head!” The woman shouted at him.
“Bug? Well that’s rude!” Duni said as she flew up and sprinkled some magical dust on the both of them.
They both sneezed and looked angrily at the tiny fairy. Before they could do anything, they noticed the girl they were picking was starting to become taller as she looked down at them. As they shrunk more and more, they were now half the girl’s height, around the size of small children. Panicking they began to run away into a big field of grass, not realizing they are going to be as small a
:iconFairyDuni:FairyDuni
:iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 13 12
Aylia Ref 2018 by FairyDuni Aylia Ref 2018 :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 17 17 Duni the Clumsy Fairy by FairyDuni Duni the Clumsy Fairy :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 256 44 Duni and lil Leon by FairyDuni Duni and lil Leon :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 31 7 Slightly Off Scale by FairyDuni Slightly Off Scale :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 69 34 AI Valkrie Mouse by FairyDuni AI Valkrie Mouse :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 13 20 Cortex's Big Problem by FairyDuni Cortex's Big Problem :iconfairyduni:FairyDuni 33 4

Favourites

Bowsette is Cute by ApplesToThe Bowsette is Cute :iconapplestothe:ApplesToThe 122 11 As She Commands by MilkyBody
Mature content
As She Commands :iconmilkybody:MilkyBody 391 22
Reader x Vert 2 by Herretik
Mature content
Reader x Vert 2 :iconherretik:Herretik 247 12
Reader x Vert by Herretik
Mature content
Reader x Vert :iconherretik:Herretik 386 27
Boob-Bunny Ruri by Sanone
Mature content
Boob-Bunny Ruri :iconsanone:Sanone 160 13
Mt Marie by Sanone
Mature content
Mt Marie :iconsanone:Sanone 271 13
Witchy Adopt by Mongoosegoddess Witchy Adopt :iconmongoosegoddess:Mongoosegoddess 15 2 Bowsette by GunShad Bowsette :icongunshad:GunShad 494 21
Literature
I dun goofed
Tina slammed the front door behind her.
She was FINALLY home.
The blonde had been running around all day, not to mention keeping up the spell to hide her wings from the public eye. She was tired, physically, mentally, and tired of being "normal" size.
And while the other two couldn't be remedied, the last one could.
Tina leaned against a nearby wall, sliding to the ground as her spell vanished, big fluffy moth wings sprouting free at long last. Once that was done, she cast one last spell, and smiled as the world grew around her, sighing contently at everything looking "right" again.
After a few minutes of simply resting and looking around, the moth fairy stood and stretched, flying lazily to the kitchen. She grabbed a cinnamon doughnut, flew to the couch, turned on the TV and sat in the middle of her doughnut, pulling off chunks and watching the program absently.
One episode of whatever was on and a distended dough-filled belly later, the fairy was finally content...
...Well, almost. H
:iconT-on-DA:T-on-DA
:icont-on-da:T-on-DA 5 9
Rosalina by Esther-Shen Rosalina :iconesther-shen:Esther-Shen 538 27
Journal
Commissions Still Open UPDATE
UPDATE: I only have 2 slots remaining! Grab them before we're gone!
Hey everyone. Just updating to let everyone know I still have three commissions slots available! Just go ahead and submit an e-mail to axelforhire@gmail.com with your idea. You do NOT need to ask if they're still available, just post your request in the e-mail!
Please read the banner below for details and submit requests to axelforhire@gmail.com after doing so. I will be opening up 15 slots this month! Work on this set will begin in September.
Don't forget you can support me on Patreon!

https://www.patreon.com/AxelRosered
Finally, a friendly reminder of the most recent download pack available for sale! A sketchbook just packed with inflated figures and bloated bodies right in time for the height of summer! 42 pages of women and men getting Round and other fun! Click the link below to proceed to the page to purchase!
https://269447.e-junkie
:iconAxel-Rosered:Axel-Rosered
:iconaxel-rosered:Axel-Rosered 1 5
20 Styles Challenge by wolfychu 20 Styles Challenge :iconwolfychu:wolfychu 4,058 385 Round Mounds of September - Stuffed Skyla by Axel-Rosered Round Mounds of September - Stuffed Skyla :iconaxel-rosered:Axel-Rosered 1,237 13 Fanart Friday: Ruru by Axel-Rosered Fanart Friday: Ruru :iconaxel-rosered:Axel-Rosered 969 10 Teacher's Pest - Lab Accident 1/2 by Axel-Rosered Teacher's Pest - Lab Accident 1/2 :iconaxel-rosered:Axel-Rosered 123 4 Teacher's Pest - Lab Accident 2/2 by Axel-Rosered Teacher's Pest - Lab Accident 2/2 :iconaxel-rosered:Axel-Rosered 97 2

Critiques

My family is quite poor once again, we're struggling to get food. We're not too low on food, but it's not much either.
While they haven't told me this, I have a feeling my internet might be in danger again.

I'm planning on finding a job soon, but until then I'm going to be taking donations again similar to how I did them
in June.
Any amount is okay, even if it's just 1$ and if you can't donate. That's fine ~ Spreading the word would also help.


paypal.me/Duni  <<< Here's the link for easy access to my paypal if you want to donate. The link might not work so you might have to copy and paste the url

I'm also taking commissions if anyone is interested in that. I have a couple slots open, but I might end up opening up more later.
Keep in mind, I have a lot to work on so I might not get to yours right away.

www.deviantart.com/fairyduni/j…  <<<< Link to commission Info


I also have a patreon so you can check that out over here >>>> www.patreon.com/duni

I'm not doing much with it atm. I'm planning on doing that soon. 10$ per month will get you either a free sketch or 5$ off of a commission.

I'd appreciate it if you did one of these or spread the word.
I'm very sorry I'm doing this again...but I feel I have no other choice until I get a job.

One last announcement before I go, I'm currently archiving a pathfinder campaign I'm apart of that's soon coming to a close.
Depending if I can archive it all in time. Which I probably will, considering there's 6 chapters done so far and about 30 more to go.
I'll be uploading "Tales of Size and Sorcery" every sunday. Any side stories or prologues will be uploaded on Saturday. I don't have a confirmed date on when these will go live so stay tuned ~

Donate

FairyDuni has started a donation pool!
12,302 / 16,000
donate some points if you'd like ^-^

You must be logged in to donate.

deviantID

FairyDuni's Profile Picture
FairyDuni
Duni Vergo
Artist | Hobbyist | Varied
United States
ID by :iconherretik:

Taken by the beautiful :icont-on-da:

Hey, just your friendly neighborhood Duni here ^-^
I'm an trans MtF Size Shifter with a preference for being small, I love to draw, listen to music, play video games , and watch anime and cartoons.

My Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/channel/UCUxgz…


My Twitter: twitter.com/DuniversePrime

My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/princessduni

My Tumblr: princessduni.tumblr.com/

.:Gift:. Fan Button by Stewie106 by Sparkle-the-cat-13

MLP: Friendship is Magic Fan Button (Edited) by ButtonsMaker

Fluttershy Fan Button (Edited) by ButtonsMaker

VOCALOID Button by ButtonsMaker

Regular Show Fan Button (UPDATED) by ButtonsMaker

Princess Luna Fan Button by ButtonsMaker

Shantae Fan by Howie62



Commissions through paypal are currently open!! ^.^

duniverseprime.deviantart.com/…
Interests

Activity


                                                                   Battle with a Gnoll woman



                                                                             Dungeon Master

We return to the party, enjoying their discounted meal from Abraham the chef. There is about half an hour, give or take, till nightfall arrives. When that happens it will be Vi's choice whether she follows up on her word and goes to the fight against the unknown gnoll woman. However for now...the party can be at ease, amidst the chatter of the pub and the smell of fresh food...


Jasper

Having landed on the head of the elven maiden currently stuffing her face, I look down with a startled expression, swiftly rising to my feet. "... are you speaking in tongues?"


Vislea

I give a small smirk, seeming oddly calm despite my impending fight. "I hardly think you need to be concerned about that."


Phai Mouse

Phai asks the bartender "Aye, I don't suppose you have any lager behind that counter do ya?  I could go for a bit of a drink."


Dungeon Master

"You want the good stuff or the cheap stuff?" Abraham asks, turning away from the simmering pot and looking to a rack of bottles below the bar.


Phai Mouse

Phai thinks this over for a moment.  "Well, I'm in a new town, and I figure I should start off on the right foot.  Give me the good stuff!"


Jasper

"Well, if you say so..." I reply to Vi, shaking my head quickly. "Mind if I borrow a bite or two, Aylia?"


Dungeon Master

Abraham gives a shrug, producing a weathered clay jug and popping the cork out. Pulling out a small glass, he pours you a few gulps worth of golden brown alcohol. "Two silver for that," He says, setting it on the table and turning over his hand for payment.


Aylia

"Oh sure!" I said. "Knock yourself out! Just be careful to not knock yourself off the counter!" I giggle.


Jasper

"Right, I'll do my best," I agree, quickly jumping down to lightly float to stand on the wooden surface and grab a handful of food. Looking up at Vi, I asked, "So... you do have a plan for tonight, right?"


Vislea

"Of course I do." I reply with a confident nod. "And in the event that I lose I have a plan to get away. I'm entirely sure that won't happen, but I figured it would put all of you a bit more at ease if you knew I had a plan."


Phai Mouse

Phai puts a gold piece in his hand, saying "We'll see how much I can drink with this, and you can keep the change of whatever's left."  He picks up the drink to take a swig.


Dungeon Master

Abraham's eyes widen as he takes the piece of gold. Giving the half empty bottle a shake, he sets that down next to your glass. "Have as much as you like..."


Aylia

"I'll be rooting for you Vi!" I cheer. "Kick the lady's as-I mean butt!"


Jasper

"Well, if you're so sure..." I replied, not seeming sure if I should believe Vi or not.


Vislea

"I suggest you don't doubt my abilities when it comes to magic." I say with a small smirk. "I am somewhat of a prodigy, after all."


Phai Mouse

"I'm sure you'll be able to hold your own admirably, Vislea."  Phai raises his glass.  "I can certainly drink to that."


Aylia

"So how much time do we have left until nightfall? " I ask, scratching my head.




Jasper

"Probably half an hour..." I reply, cocking my head before seeming satisfied with the answer. "A little less, if I had to guess."


Vislea

"I guess I should probably go make my preparations." I say, standing up.


Dungeon Master

Vi, having not paid Abraham yet, he gives you a bit of a look.


Vislea

I give a small sigh. "Alright, alright..." I murmur. "How much will it be?"


Dungeon Master

"Eh....five silver," He replies with a small smile and a slight hint of blush from your earlier flirting.(edited)


Vislea

I place down six on the table, feeling a bit generous. "Thank you for the meal. I'll be looking forward to my next visit."


Dungeon Master

"Heh...me too, hope to see you soon..." He replies, occupying himself with stirring his pot of food as you set down the silver.


Vislea

"Let's meet outside of the inn in about ten minutes." I say to the others. "That should be more than enough time for me to prepare."





Jasper

"Hmm... I can't say I feel a particular desire to watch you beat a gnoll," I pointed out, rubbing my chin. "Even if she is a slaver. Do you really need an audience?"


Vislea

"Well, I suppose not." I admit. "You're free to come if you want, though."


Aylia

"I want to watch! I want to watch! This is going to be awesome!" I say out loud, breathing heavily in excitement.


Jasper

I quickly close my wings in order to not get blown away by the heavy breathing coming from behind me. "I suppose I'm not opposed..."


Phai Mouse

"I'll have to be there.  I have to be ready to write a tune of victory, after all."  Phai takes another sip of his drink.


Vislea

"It seems like it's decided then." I say with a small smile before walking out of the tavern.


Aylia

I follow Vi out, happily. Shaking my fists in the air to cheer her on.


Jasper

After finishing off any crumbs that were left on Aylia's plate, I precariously lifted it up, flying it over to wherever dishes needed to go before moving toward Phai. "So... any worries from you?"


Dungeon Master

Vi, you recall that the gnoll mentioned meeting at the main gate. Likely the one you came in through, given that she had headed for that gate after your conversation.


Vislea

I throw on the cloak which I had gotten from the chest, planning to use it as my method of escape in the unlikely event that I lost. "Do you need anything before we go?" I ask Aylia.


Phai Mouse

Phai grabs the rest of the bottle of lager before heading out with the rest of his group, downing what little was left in his glass.


Aylia

I shake my head. "Not that I can think of." I smile happily.


Phai Mouse

"No worries from me, since we'll be there to back her up, Jasper."


Jasper

Grunting a little in response to that, I wait for Phai to take care of the doors in our way.


Vislea

"Then let's try to make this quick. I would like to get back to the inn at a reasonable time tonight." I comment as we head towards the gate.


Phai Mouse

Phai holds open the door for Jasper, waiting until he's out to follow behind him.


Aylia

I walk alongside Vi, skipping happily.


Dungeon Master

Vi, you see the gate ahead of you. The cooler night air greeting you as you exit the inn. Most of the merchant stalls are closed up and only a few travelers linger on the once bustling streets. Fortunately, even from here, you can see that the guards at the gate have changed.


Vislea

I give a small sigh of relief as I spot this and glance around, trying to see if the gnoll had arrived yet.


Dungeon Master

In the distance, past the exit, you can see torch light. The slight smell of wet dog on the wind tells you that she too saw it prudent to bring a small audience...


Jasper

I gag a little at the odor, and fly to catch up with Vi, gazing out into the night air with a troubled expression. "Do you want an extra trick up your sleeve?"


Vislea

"That will hardly be necessary." I assure Jasper. "From what I've gathered about gnolls her group probably won't have any interest in trying to save her if I win, and even if they do I should be able to handle them."


Aylia

"You got this Vi!" I say to her. "Though do be careful just in case."


Vislea

"Of course." I say with a smile. "This should be an effortless victory."


Phai Mouse

"I'm looking forward to cheering to your victory, Vi."  Phai leans against a nearby wall, ready to watch the fight.


Dungeon Master

Vi, the gnoll group has yet to take notice of you. They seem to be chattering in their own language, punctuated by a few howls every now and then. If anyone wants to roll Linguistics or Sense Motive, they can get a gist of what they're saying.


Jasper, you don't exactly speak gnoll, but you've heard the language know and then given where you're from. Able to translate a word here and there, it seems that a group of three female gnolls, including the one that Vi has challenged, are discussing what to do with their new captive....none of them sound particularly pleasant with phrases like "roast" and "stomp" being tossed about, often accompanied by howling laughter.

Phai....you're fairly confident they've all but given up and are preparing to retreat.


Jasper

"... make sure you don't lose, Vi. Sounds like they're hoping to have you as a chew toy, at best," I comment drily, deciding it would be... unnecessary for me to translate everything that was being said.


Dungeon Master

Aylia, you can't quite make out any particular words outside of things like "the" or "and"


Vislea

"It might be best for you all to watch from here." I comment.


Aylia

"Alrighty!" I say, standing beside mouse.


Jasper

"Last chance to get a Trick," I reply, moving to settle down on Aylia's shoulder.


Vislea

“I don’t need a trick when I have magic on my side.”


Phai Mouse

"Really, Jasper?  They sound almost willing to give up at this point."  Phai puts his hands behind his head.  "Not that she'll probably have to worry much either way."


Jasper

I wait until Vi has walked away, before turning to Phai and murmuring. "Tricks are one of ways my magic manifests, actually. It's... sort of like a spell I place ahead of time," I explain, shaking my head. "It might have given her an edge."


Aylia

I shrugged. "They just kept saying thes along with ands" I said, with no idea what they actually said."


Vislea

Before I walk away I cast Bouncy Body on myself, using components from my pouch. I was expecting a gnoll to use bites and scratches for their attacks, so having a rubbery body would probably help.




Dungeon Master

Alright, you cast Bouncy Body and feel the familiar (or not so familiar, given you tend to use it on others) sensation of your skin becoming rubbery. With a slight spring in your step....I assume you approach the gnolls, who are still busy chattering.


Vislea

I step out into the open, clearing my throat slightly. "Can we make this quick? It's a bit too cold out, for my liking."


Dungeon Master

"Ohhhh...you actually showed up..." The familiar gnoll says, turning away from her allies. "I was hoping to hunt you down~"


In the torchlight, you see that she has changed her outfit. An illfitted set of leather armor frames her body, ending in what might be best called a skirt. Aside from this, a cloak, and a scavenged belt holstering her weapon, she doesn't seem to be wearing much.


Vislea

"How about you save your boasting for later?" I say, crossing my arms. "I'm not feeling very patient at the moment."


Dungeon Master

She smirks, canines glimmering in the limited light. "You'll be a fun toy once you're beaten down and chained up," She replies, drawing a handaxe and twirling it in her clawed hand.


Vislea

Not wanting to waste any time I use Prehensile Hair and send my hair towards her, attempting to wrap it around her wrists to restrain her



Dungeon Master

Vi, taking the gnoll by surprise, your hair suddenly grows under the influence of magic. She can barely raise her hands in time before it envelops her, wrapping around her wrists, ankles, and midriff. The poor hyena girl is now Grappled.

Fighting, tugging at Vi's enchanted hair, the gnoll girl makes a wild, if highly restricted swing of her handaxe, attempting to cut away the thick locks.

Despite her restriction, the gnoll manages to chop away the hair covering her, quickly discovering it isn't as thick as she thought. She is no longer grappled, but spends her whole turn cutting it away.


Vislea

The gnoll had worked through my hair much quicker than I expected. I grab my crossbow and load a bolt, taking aim at her, hoping to take advantage of the momentary distraction.

Dungeon Master

Vi as you take a shot with your crossbow, the gnoll turns to the side, the bolt whizzing past her and thunking into a jungle tree somewhere in the background.


Vislea

I move backwards, knowing it would either create some distance between us or bait her into rushing towards me.


Dungeon Master

Roaring in frustration as you retreat, the gnoll throws her handaxe after you in a rather desperate move.

Vi, the thrown axe hammers into the back of your leg, leaving a painful gash as it falls to the ground. Behind you, the gnoll howls in frustration, pursuing you. You've still managed to maintain your ten foot gap....but have taken 5 damage.


Vislea

I let out a scream as the axe hit my leg, causing me to fall to my knees. I could feel tears welling up in frustration, and I begrudgingly attempt to teleport away using my cloak.


Aylia

I cover my mouth, my heart racing as I felt really scared of what was going to happen to Vi.


Dungeon Master

Vi, you grab hold of the cloak, forcing magical power through it. Taking on a life of its own, the slightly itchy fabric envelops you.

The rest of the group sees Vi vanish...

Vi....for a moment you find yourself in a dark void. A split second later, you're back, laying on the ground....you see a foot on eitherside of your head. And although you probably haven't paid much attention to the party's shoes....it's pretty clear you're laying at Aylia's feet.


Vislea

I'm left panting heavily, feeling some blood trickle down the gash in my leg. I do my best to wipe my eyes clear, not wanting to seem like a sore loser(Even if I was one).


Jasper

Spotting Vi's reappearance ... I promptly fly thirty feet up into the eye, growling in annoyance before using Silent Image to make an image of an elf appear at the feet of one of the gnolls.





Dungeon Master

"Hah! Stupid girl!" Shouts a gnoll shaman somewhere in the back, looking down at the elf girl laying at her paws. Glancing backwards, the rest of the gnolls don't notice the real Vi at the feet of the other elf.


Jasper

Diving back down, I whisper to the party members. "Alright, Phai, think you can support Vi? Aylia, mind coming to help me distract the guards so they don't notice the bleeding elven maid?"


Phai Mouse

Phai nods at the fairy.  "I'll see what I can do.  I don't suppose you'd be opposed to a hasty retreat, miss Vislea?"


Aylia

I nod, breathing heavily as I was scared of what just happened. "Y-Yes....Jasper." I say


Jasper

"Good... I think I have a plan... mind giving me your hand?"


Vislea

Despite my battered state I seem to hesitate a moment. It wasn't in my nature to run, after all. "O-Of course not..." I murmur. "I'm not sure if I'm in any condition to be hasty though."


Aylia

I reach my hand out for jasper. "H-Here you go."


Jasper

Tapping a finger to her, I expend one of my Tricks to make her appear a few years younger, more like a child--and similar to the residents of the city. "Right, let me do the talking... and follow closely," I advise her, before flying towards the guards.


Phai Mouse

Phai offers his hand to Vislea.  "Perhaps a moderately paced retreat, then.  It would be a good idea to get your wounds checked out.  I'm not sure how much more you can take from this point. . ."(edited)


Vislea

I take Phai's hand and stand up, wincing as I feel a burning sensation rush up my leg. "L-Let's make this quick..."


Dungeon Master

In the background, you can see and hear the gnoll ranger trudging towards the illusionary Vi...speaking something in gnoll. Jasper, you catch the words "paw" and "clean" in that order.


Jasper

Focusing, I make the illusionary figure slowly crawl forward, buying as much time as I can as I make the illusionary Vi wince, lean back, try to pull out the axe, and fail... trying to spend enough time to get to the guards.


Aylia

I look at down at myself or rather my new form but quickly follows Jasper, not saying a word.



Phai Mouse

Phai will go with Vislea away from this area, doing his best to maneuver to the inn we're staying at for the night.  "When we get back to our rooms I'll do what I can to treat your injuries there."

Dungeon Master


The gnoll woman howls in victory as she approaches the illusion

Vislea

"T-Thank you..." I murmur begrudgingly, stumbling down the path.


Dungeon Master

You hear another howl of victory as the gnoll woman extends the underside of her paw towards the illusion, literally barking an order.


Jasper

Tricking the stupid gnoll woman, I make the illusion lick her feet. If they were intelligent, they might notice the lack of saliva... or scent...


... but these were gnolls, and my family specialized in illusions.


Dungeon Master

As you approach the gate, the two guards look up, eyes wide as they see you helping what is obviously a young injured citizen. With a few yells of surprise, they quickly open the gate. Fortunately for you, this shift had some less experienced guards at the gates...


Jasper

Getting to the guards a good bit before Vi and Phai came into view, I gave myself a quick casting of Innocence, immediately appearing completely nonthreatening. "H-Help!" I cried out, flying up to one of them with Aylia right behind. "There's a bunch of gnolls out there attacking elves!" With that, I look back to allow Phai and Vi to emerge from the darkness...



Dungeon Master

Wide eyed at your call, the guards quickly talk to one another, before sounding the alarm. At the sound of the horn, the gnolls glance around before scattering. You might catch a glimpse of the gnoll you were fighting attempting to grab her captive....only to find her immaterial. Discovering the deception, the illusion fades as she howls in anger, scampering off after her friends.

Phai, you make it back to the inn with no problem. The lady at the desk is gone and only a few candles burn, but you have little difficulty navigating to one of your two rooms, and producing the key to the door.


Jasper

"You wouldn't happen to have a healing potion for the elven woman, would you?" I asked, eyes wide and soft as I forced out a tear. "I don't know what would have happened to her if that travelling minstrel and I didn't come across her..."(edited)


Vislea

I enter my room and collapse onto my bed, nearly landing on my familiar as I do. Hopefully the inn didn't mind me getting a little bit of blood on their sheets.


Dungeon Master

Jasper, the guards, staring wide eyed and panicked out at the forest, hold their spears out. For a moment they don't quite hear you. "T-try one of the merchants..." One of them yells nervously.


Jasper

Nodding my head, I give them a quick wave. "Thank you... and I hope that you don't have to meet them again," I tell them, before giving as good of a description about the three gnolls as possible in hopes of seeing them banned from the city. With that, I hurry back to the inn, muttering under my breath while looking a little mentally strained--and exhausted.(edited)


Aylia

Follows Jasper into the inn.


Phai Mouse

Phai will pull out some basic medical supplies he had offhand, and grab any inn towels there were offhand to wrap around her leg to prevent more blood from spilling.


Jasper

I quickly take a seat on one of the chandeliers, legs dangling. "You should probably try to treat Vi's leg injury," I advise, flexing my wings carefully. "I'll see you in the morning."



Phai Mouse

Phai will lay his hands on Vislea's leg and begin to channel healing magic into her.


Aylia

I stand behind, tears going down my eyes, hoping for Vi to be safe.


Dungeon Master

Vi, in your state of delirious pain, you feel a soothing warmth against your leg. The wound quickly closes up...leaving just a tear in your clothes and a pretty nasty bloodstain. Other than that and a slight throbbing pain, dulled by the magic, you feel good as new.

Your pride might still be injured though...




Vislea

I keep my eyes closed as I feel the pain fade away, letting out a small fake snore. I wasn't in much of a mood to talk at the moment.


Phai Mouse

Phai offers a small smile at Vislea.  "Hey, if it's any consolation, I've been there.  Walked in confident into one of the first big audiences I had several towns ago and bombed horribly.  What separates us from everyone else though is that we get back up and have another go at things later."  He gets up to leave the room to go to his.  "Things will be better come morning.  I have a place in mind for us to go, as a matter of fact."


Vislea

I stifle a sniffle, feeling tears starting to return. I could only hope my companions would leave before I showed how badly I handled loss.


Phai Mouse

Phai takes this as a cue to head to his room to rest for the night.


Jasper

As the others prepare for bed, Jasper closes his eyes, promptly going to sleep after three days of near-constant watchfulness...


Aylia

I walk into the room Vi was in, silently. I go to lay down on my bed, closing my eyes.


Dungeon Master

You all have a....relatively restful night. In spite of the burdens of the day, you do eventually fall asleep and are not roused by vengeful gnolls or angry guards. The question is....around when do each of you awaken...


Vislea

I wake up surprisingly early, already feeling refreshed from the healing. I was certainly feeling a bit better now, though I was still in a sour mood from my loss.


Phai Mouse

Phai is an efficient sleeper, so he'll sleep as much as he needs to to get a full rest before waking


Aylia

Aylia had an alright sleep, seeing Vi get hurt filled her with horrible thoughts though.


Jasper

Sleeping in a little past normal times, Jasper still awakens early and looks around to see if there was anyone in the lobby area of the inn.


Dungeon Master

The lobby is still empty when you awaken Jasper

Phai, you awaken a bit after Vi...


Phai Mouse

Phai will wake up and stretch, then head to the main desk to greet the person there.  "Good morning.  I don't suppose there's breakfast for guests who stayed at the inn overnight, is there?"(edited)


Aylia

I walk out of my room, yawning. "Morning"


Vislea

I follow Aylia out of the room, a pout on my face. "Morning..." I murmur.


Aylia

I wave to Vi, a slight smile on my face. "Morning, Vi!"


Dungeon Master

Jasper, you see Vi and Aylia leaving their room eventually, along with Phai. The three of them notice that there is also no one at the desk, but judging by the smells wafting from around the hall, some sort of small complimentary breakfast has been prepared.


Jasper

I fly down from my perch, looking towards Phai. "Mind getting the front door for me?"


Phai Mouse

"Oh, it seems like they've got breakfast here for us.  Shall we go eat, then?"  Phai will head off, being sure to hold open the door for Jasper.  He's also going to keep a look out for the gnome he met the previous day.

Dungeon Master

Phai, you aren't seeing the gnome girl...kinda hard to miss that distinct hair. It is highly possible she didn't stay at the inn though.

Aylia

My stomach growls, I look down at it and rub it. "Hehe ~ I think I can use some food right now"


Phai Mouse

"I concur.  Lets head off to grab some food, then."  Phai will head off in the direction of the pub with his party, being sure to open doors for Jasper to get through as needed.

Jasper

As soon as the door opens, I fly out in search of work, needing to pad out my near-empty wallet.


Aylia

I stand beside Mouse, groaning from my empty stomach.


Vislea

I take a seat at a table in the pub, leaning back in my seat slightly.


Dungeon Master

At the pub, you find an array of fresh breads and fruits...all ripe for the taking. A small sign notes that they are free, but requests that you not take them all.


Aylia

I quickly run over to the bread, taking one and quickly munching on it. "Mmmm so good!" I say happily.


Vislea

I grab an apple and bite into it, giving a small sigh at the taste.


Phai Mouse

Phai will grab some bread and fruit, looking to fill his stomach for the day ahead of him.


Aylia

I begin eating some of the grapes. "This is so good! I love this place!" I look over to Mouse. "Can we live here, forever?"


Phai Mouse

Phai looks back, a nervous sort of smile on his face.  "That might hurt our wallets a bit if we do that.  If we can make the money to sustain it though, I don't see the problem in spending a few more nights here."


Aylia

"Sounds good enough for me~ " I say, patting my belly.


Dungeon Master

The breakfast is rather nice and for now its only you four. Everyone else either got up far earlier or is sleeping in.


Vislea

"I'm going back to the room..." I murmur once I finish my meal, planning on going there to sulk.


Aylia

"W-Wait!" I yell out for her.


Vislea

"Hm?" I turn around, wondering what she wanted.


Phai Mouse

Phai coughs a bit to draw attention.  "Why not join us on the store visit I had planned?  I've always found being out and about to be the best way to improve a mood."


Aylia

"Going outside would be good for you!" I added on.


Vislea

"I guess I can do that." I say with a small sigh.


Phai Mouse

"Great!" Phai says with a smile.  "Lets go to an emporium I was invited to recently after meeting the owner."  He'll head off, asking for directions as is needed.



Dungeon Master

You follow Phai...wandering around corners and eventually bumping into a confused man who is distinctly not a gnome...

Eventually, after returning to the pub and talking to the receptionist for a few minutes....you learn that Elwyn's shop is...literally down the street. With these carefully stated directions, you won't have much trouble getting where you're wanting to go.


Phai Mouse

Making sure to lose no time, Phai goes with Vi and Aylia to the shop.


Vislea

I give Phai a small glare as I realize how close it was to the pub, but begrudgingly I follow him inside.


Aylia



I walk alongside Mouse happily, excited for what I can possibly buy.




Phai Mouse

After arriving at the emporium, Phai will head into the store, looking out for the gnome.


Aylia

I look around the store to see what I can find



Dungeon Master

Phai, you see a large wooden cart, prominently marked with "Elwyn’s Expansive Emporium of Items" in bright purple text, a bored looking gnome woman sitting at a window in the side, hopefully waiting for patrons.

Aylia, you can find just about anything your heart may desire


Vislea

I was satisfied with my cloak, so I just stand by the door while the others shop.


Aylia

I grab a couple of daggers, taking a look at them. "Hmmmm"


Phai Mouse

Phai will wave to Elwyn.  "Ah, hello Elwyn.  It's me, Phai, from back at the inn.  How are you?"


Dungeon Master

You see the table marks daggers as two gold per blade

"PHAI!" The gnome greets enthusiastically, though she gets a bit of a sheepish look before waving you closer.


Phai Mouse

Phai will head over quickly, not wanting to keep her waiting.  "Hello, there.  You had something you wanted to discuss?"


Dungeon Master

"Yes, yes, but you must be quiet..." She says in a low whisper as you stand before the window to her enclosed shop, little more than a stand. "It's a....sensitive matter"



Phai Mouse

"Ah, right," I whisper in return, "I'll be sure to have the utmost discretion then."


Dungeon Master

She nods and leans closer, hands resting on the small wooden surface separating the two of you. "I need someone willing to do a dangerous job...with compensation of course. Are you...willing?"


Phai Mouse

"Yes, I've gone through dangerous excursions before, it should be no trouble.  What did you have in mind?"


Dungeon Master

"Well..." Her voice got lower as she leaned somehow even closer, "I recently sold a magic item to a local merchant lord, but realized too late that it was actually a fake. Now...she hasn't used it yet, but if she does it will ruin my credibility...or worse. D-do you think you could....steal it back?"


Phai Mouse

Phai will think for a moment about this, weighing the danger of the situation with the resources he has offhand.  Eventually, he nods, agreeing to help.  "Very well then, I'll accept and help.  It may be a bit difficult to sneak in to steal back an item, but I'll take on the task"


Dungeon Master

"Thank you, thank you!" She bounced with glee. "I think I have something that can help," The gnome announced, turning her back to you and digging through some stray items. "Oh...and I actually need you to replace it with a REAL item"



Phai Mouse

"Oh, assistance would make it more likely to be a successful mission, so I'll gladly accept."  Phai pauses for a  moment, curious.  "What will I get to help, exactly, and what is the item I will be replacing?"


Dungeon Master

After a moment, Elwyn turns back around, presenting you with a small box, barely bigger than your palm. And a small shield, not big enough to wear, but certainly big enough to serve as a badge. "This is what you're replacing," She announces, pointing to the shield. "Its supposed to protect the wearer from almost all forms of harm, tarnishing and taking damage in place of its wearer..."


Phai Mouse

Phai looks wide eyed at the item.  "Wow, what a useful item!  I'm a bit confused about how it'll help me in a mission involving sneaking, though. . ."  Phai will accept the items from her.

"And, erm, what's in the box, exactly?"


Dungeon Master

"Oh no, that's the item I need you to replace," Elwyn suddenly interjected, "P-please don't use that"

Turning her attention to the box, she smiled happily, before opening it. Inside was a simple wooden ring, etched with arcane runes, "THIS is a Ring of the Mite...."


Phai Mouse

Phai will tentatively reach for this item, carefully grabbing it.  "And this item, I can use it, yes?"

He'll observe it for a bit, saying "So what does it do?" as he puts the ring on.





Dungeon Master

"Yes, yes...uh...but be careful," Elwyn explained, "When you put it on and activate it....you'll shrink down REALLY small...but won't be able to do much of anything at that size. Oh...and it will last for five hours, but every hour you can choose to grow back...as long as you have enough space too..."

Tales of Size and Sorcery Chapter 3
www.deviantart.com/fairyduni/a… <<< Chapter 2

Looks like we get a fight in this chapter. What could possibly go wrong?! : 3

Mach (no da) as The Dungeon Master

:iconheadlessdutchhorse: as Jasper

Willow (no da) as Vislea

:iconsomeguyaround: as Phai Mouse

:iconfairyduni: as Aylia
Loading...
13 deviations

Bathing with a cute gnome



Jasper

Confusion quickly turns into a frown again, and I shake my head. "I'll just keep cleaning through the night, a little work never did anyone any harm," I replied. "Besides, I can make sure that you get out to your fight on time, Vi."


Vislea

"Trust me, I don't intend on being late." I say, crossing my arms. "In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that mutt doesn't show up."


Jasper

"... well, they are rather lazy..." I muttered to myself. "Do try to avoid getting killed, Vi."


Phai Mouse

"Ah, about that. . ." the bard turns to the lady at the counter.  "What do you know about the slavers in this area?  My companion here has decided to pick a fight with one of them."


Vislea

"Don't worry. Once I come back here tonight I'll have a new gnoll toy to play with~" I say with a giggle.


Aylia

"I'll be there for you as support, Vi!" I cheered. "In fact, I'll be your personal cheerleader!"


Vislea

I smile, giving Aylia a quick pat on the head. "Well now I'll definitely win."


Dungeon Master

"Uh....w-well not much," The woman replies, seeming noticeably awkward with the question.


   
Phai Mouse

"That's fair.  I'm just not one for rushing into a situation without much knowledge."  Turning to Vislea, he says "You can count on my support at your fight.  I'll be sure to have a victory tune ready for you once you've trounced the slaver."



Vislea

"I already have my strategy all worked out." I assure the group with a confident smile. "And I'm sure that my opponent won't have half the brains required to work a way around it."







Dungeon Master

The four of you, having paid for your lodgings for the night, stand in one of the several stone hallways of the hotel. Before you are two red doors, a inky black numeral painted onto the wood, III and IV. This would be where you would be staying for the evening, at least until Vi's encounter with the gnolls began. Which group got which room still has to be decided. Additionally, the woman at the desk had mentioned gaining access to special amenities; such things were not common in most inns for travelers such as you, pointing to just how high end this establishment was.


Phai Mouse

With a curious look on his face, Phai says "Would you mind elaborating on some of these amenities?  Some relaxation would be nice after the start of the day I've had."


Aylia

I cling to Vi, shaking in excitement. "We're going to be room buddies!" I giggled.


Dungeon Master

The woman behind the desk nods, flipping through the book on her desk. Gesture back to a hallways she announced, "We have a small bathhouse to help travelers relax after a hot day in the sun. Down there, we also have rooms for exercise and mock combat practice, complete with wooden training weapons." She looked down the page and motioned to another hallway, this time on her other side, "If you're hungry, we have a small in house tavern with a local chef on staff, it is only open in the evenings though...."


Jasper

Lighting down on the desk, having completed the ceiling of the initial room, I glance about before buzzing my wings to attract her attention. "You mentioned that you wanted me to do some more favors for you, right?" I asked her, removing some dust from my wing-tips. "What do you want me to tackle next?"


Dungeon Master

Her eyes glanced to the ceiling, a bit surprised that you were already finished. "Uh...just continue down the halls for now, the candelabras and chandeliers there...uh...if you don't mind" She gives you a sweet smile.


Phai Mouse

Phai gets a slight smile at hearing the amenities, saying "I might have to do the bathhouse, considering I washed up on shore earlier in the day.  A relaxing soak might be just the remedy for this sea smell I have on me."


Dungeon Master

The woman gasped a bit, "Oh my! I hadn't realized, by all means...enjoy the baths"


Vislea

"Personally I'm interested in the tavern." I say, patting Aylia on the head with a smile as she clings to me. "I'm sure there are all sorts of interesting toys there..."


Jasper

"Heh... well, I didn't want to say anything," I admit with a chuckle, before flying off down one of the hallways. Casting prestidigitation to clean another cubic foot, I keep an eye out for any coins that travellers--perhaps drunk after a night in the tavern, or lacking pockets whjile coming back from the baths--might have dropped.

Aylia

I look at Vi curiously. "Toys? They have a toy store in the tavern" I ask, not understanding what Vi meant.


Vislea

"Oh yes, plenty of toys." I repeat with a smile. "Probably more than we can count."


Phai Mouse

Phai turns to Vislea.  "If you're heading out to the tavern, would you mind grabbing a bit of lager for me while you're there?  Helps to remind me of home, a bit."


Dungeon Master

Jasper, it is surprising what can fall out of the big one's pockets, even in the middle of an inn. A few silver pieces here, a lone copper there. Under furniture, spilled on the floor, caught in odd locations. Over the course of cleaning, you come up with about 8 silver worth of cash.


Vislea

"Sure, not a problem." I say with a nod. "I do expect you to pay me back, of course."


Phai Mouse

"But of course I'd pay you back."  Pulling his instrument out, he continues "I'd even be willing to offer some interest through a song or two, if you're interested."


Vislea


"No no, just the money is fine." I assure him. "Save those songs for my fight."





Aylia

My elf ears perk up when I hear the words "song". "Oooo!! Oooo! Play us a song, mouse!" I put my hands together into a begging gesture. "Please! Pretty please!"


Dungeon Master

Currently, you are all still in the lobby. The receptionist is awkwardly smiling as she busies herself with the book before her.


Phai Mouse

Putting the instrument away, Phai sighs.  "Vislea does have a point.  It'd probably be prudent to save my performing energy for later.  Besides," he moves his shoulders and arms around, working out some knots, "I could really use that bathhouse soak, so I think I will head off to do that now.  See you guys soon."


Aylia

I pout , but then smile, waving Mouse farewell. "See you soon! "


Vislea

"Will you be heading to the tavern with me, then?" I ask Aylia.


Jasper

While they prepare to relax after their long days, I am but beginning mine, finishing up the first hallway to continue on, not bothering to hide from any other patrons.


Aylia

"Oh sure! I'd love to!" I say, gleefully. I wrap my arms around Vi and give her a tight hug.



Dungeon Master

Jasper, there aren't many patrons around. Mostly just you and the receptionist. Considering the price, it likely caters to foreign merchants who are all still busy.


Vislea

"Then let's get going. And don't worry, dinner will be on me." I offer.


Phai Mouse

Phai will begin heading in the directions of the bathhouse area.


Jasper

With so few people around currently, I have plenty of time to work and get the hallways looking fine, before reconvening with my fellow travellers later in the evening...


Dungeon Master

Phai, you can feel the air cool as you approach the bathhouses. They lay behind a red curtain. The interior is pretty ritzy, tile floors around a shallow angular pool of water. The pool is surrounded by pillars, several of which dispense water in small falls. Just off the entrance is a rack of complementary towels. Several stone benches are set up around the pool, between it and the walls. You don't seem to be the only one here.


Phai Mouse

Phai gives a cursory glance around the room to see who else is there.


Dungeon Master

You can see a group of men, wearing towels around their waits, sitting on a far end of the bathing pool. They seem to be talking among themselves. A small figure with pinkish red hair lays on one of the benches, considering the figure and hair, they are likely a female gnome. She lays with a towel over her back like a blanket.


Phai Mouse

Phai will disrobe and grab a towel, heading to the area opposite the gnome and, if possible, within earshot of the men discussing things, and enjoy the pool

Dungeon Master

Phai, the acoustics in the bathhouse are a little screwy. Much as you thought you might be able to hear them, from your current position its just muffled talk of business and capital, trade and imports.


Phai Mouse

Phai disregards the conversation of the men, enjoying his soak far too much to care.  He begins to sing a small tune to himself, not loud enough to disrupt those around him, but audibly enough they could hear him if they wanted to listen.

Dungeon Master

Phai, it's....not exactly your best tune. You'd likely do better with a bit of instrumental accompany. You get a few looks from one of the bathing men, as if asking you to stop, yet it isn't bothering them enough for you to be forcibly stopped. The gnome for her part, doesn't even seem to hear it.


Phai Mouse

Thinking ahead, Phai will ask whoever is closest - the gnome or one of the men in the group discussing things - if there are any entertainment venues in the city worth checking out.  "I don't suppose there's anywhere in this city that offers entertainment that would really be worth seeing, is there?"


Dungeon Master

The group of men are the closest, seeing as how you chose to sit within ear shot of them. The trio, consisting of a lanky fellow, a bearded man, and what seemed to be a half elf, don't look too pleased to be interrupted. Reluctantly, the half-elf spoke up. "There's a festival that will be happening tomorrow night, lots of street performers, vendors bring out special wares...should be what you're looking for."


Phai Mouse

"Ah, excellent.  Apologies for interrupting your conversation, fellows."  Phai will continue to go on with his soak, relieving the tension he's had in his muscles from the trip so far.


Dungeon Master

The half elf nodded, smiling friendly as his two partners grumbled about foreigners, returning to their business.


Jasper

Meanwhile, as Phai soaks in the baths, I wipe some dust from my face and head back towards the desk, deciding to talk with the receptionist--unless I met with anyone during my cleaning.


Phai Mouse

Sensing the unhappiness from the merchants, Phai moves away from them, closer to the gnome girl, to chat with her.  "Are you a merchant like those gents, miss?"


Dungeon Master

Jasper, on your way back, you see a few non-descript people exiting their rooms. Judging by their clothes and the fact that they're staying here, they seem like people of wealth and taste.

Phai, you are initially greeted with a slight snore, before the woman jerks awake. Rolling to her side, she rubs her bright pink eyes and looks at you. She isn't making much effort t keep herself covers. "What was that?"



Phai Mouse

"Er, just inquiring what it is you do.  Those men over there seem like the mercantile types, which explains how they can afford to stay at this place.  Just thought I'd ask you what you did for a living."  Phai scratches behind his head, looking up at the ceiling.  "You know, conversation.  Sorry to interrupt your nap, by the way."


Jasper

Seeing as none of them really stood out, I light back down on the receptionist's desk, figuring I should continue to report to her until she lets me free. "Anything else that I could do for you?" I asked, wearing a friendly expression on my face. "The hallways should be looking pretty pristine, but let me know if you need me to take care of anything else. Or... if you know of any sort of work I could do. I'm... rather broke at the moment..." I look off, appearing forlorn.


Dungeon Master

"Oh? Me?" She asks, sitting up. For a moment, the towel drops completely, leaving you with a view (should you choose to take it in). She absentmindedly readjusts it around herself, "I deal in magic items of all kinds, scrolls, rings, potions, oh my!" She emphasized each one with a flourish of her arms, tossing around her wet hair.

Jasper, as you settle down she smiles fondly at you. "Hmmm...I..suppose I could give you a bit if you run a quick errand for me...would you be interested?"

Jasper

"Oh yes, absolutely!" I perk up, wings flicking up and down quickly while interested to hear what she had in mind.


Dungeon Master

Vi, Aylia, you enter the tavern through a small archway just off the lobby. It doesn't seem like any tavern you've ever seen. A vague cloud hangs in the air, a mix of smoke from the cooking fire and incense of some kind. The whole place is built on a series of steps, with a small rectangular stone bar at the center and a cooking fire within that. A lone man works on preparing customer orders. On higher levels, semi-private areas surrounded by silken curtains hide comfortable lounge sofas and more traditional table and chairs. It seems business is just starting, just you two, the cook, and a few early patrons.


Jasper, she pulls a letter out from under her desk. A rolled up piece of parchment sealed with a waxy stamp. "Could you please deliver this to the shop down the street, the one called "Ingrid's Emporium"?


Jasper

"Right, absolutely!" I reply, wrapping my arms around the entire parchment and beating my wings, lifting it into the air. Once I had secured it, I give her a tiny salute, before flying to wait by the door for the next patron to open it and give me a chance to fly out into the street.


Phai Mouse

His eyes will be drawn to the movement of the dropping towel, before realizing he was getting a full view of the lady and looking up and away, a bit embarrassed. "Er, um, oh!   Arcane wares, eh?"  A curious look covers the young bards face as he taps at his chin with his finger.  "I would like to get some magic items but I'm not quite sure what magic items are available, or what would suit me well."


Vislea

I smile as I enter the tavern, walking over to the chef and giving a small smile. "Hello there." I greet, leaning in a bit closer.


Dungeon Master

"Well.....I deal in some pretty weird ones," She explains with a little laugh, "Come by my shop later and we can strike a deal...might even have a bit of work for someone like you" With a flick of her wrist, she produces a small piece of paper, bearing the name of her shop in intricate gold cursive writing, almost illegible through all the curving. 'Elwyn's Expansive Emporium of Items'

"Hi," The chef replies. He seems rather young, possibly only an apprentice, judging by his clean shaved look and unkempt blonde hair, "What can I get you ladies?"


Aylia

I stand next to Vi, looking around the tavern. I then whisper in her ear. "Where are the toys at?" I ask, not sure where to find them. I turn to the chef "Um.... Um..... I'll take whatever she's having!" I say, pointing my fingers at Vi.


Vislea

"Before I decide, may I have your name?" I ask the chef, leaning in until my face is right in front of his. I give him a charming smile, and attempt to cast seduce on him.


Phai Mouse

"Oh, I'd love to give your shop a visit and take a look at your wares.  I might even bring some friends."  After a short pause, Phai asks "Uh, what types of work would you have for someone like me?"


Dungeon Master

"It's Abraham," The chef announced, seeming proud to state this. Weaving your magic with a glimmer in your eyes, you manage to temporarily enthrall him. He gives you a warm smile.


"Hmmm...it might be best to talk at my shop," The gnome says, almost in a whisper, "It's a sensitive topic..."



Vislea

"What a nice name." I comment, taking a seat. "I don't suppose you could treat me and my friend to a meal? We're new in town, and I'm sure you're cooking is absolutely delightful~"


Phai Mouse

"Oh, a sensitive topic, eh?" Phai responds back with a whisper.  "I understand, we can discuss it later then."  Back in a normal speaking voice, he continues "I hope that saying how lovely your hair and eyes are isn't a sensitive topic, though.  The color is really something else!"


Dungeon Master

"Hmmmm...." The chef thinks long and hard, your magic only could do so much work. "I suppose I could give you a discount, you two seem like nice girls...b-but only for tonight"

"OH! Why thank you!" The gnome replies, her voice returning to the normal volume as she shakes her head around, tossing the hair until its in lovely disarray. "Not too unusual for gnomes, but it gets me a few looks around here."


Vislea

"Only a discount?" I ask with a small pout. "Are you sure? If you make it free maybe I'll give you a treat of your own later..."


Phai Mouse

"Yeah, I didn't see many gnomes in the area I grew up, so it's certainly new for me, so, uh," Phai looks to the side, somewhat sheepishly, "I just thought I'd let you know I thought it looked nice.  I definitely try to appear my best with the line of work I'm pursuing."




Dungeon Master

"S-sorry, ladies," The chef says a bit meekly, eyes still on Vi, "I'll get in trouble if I just give things away...."

"Oh? And what line of work is that?" The gnome asked, eyes wide with curiousity. She leaned forward, resting her hands on her knees and allowing the towel to droop once again.


Vislea

I give a small sigh. "Fine, I suppose there's nothing that can be done. Come and join us." I say to Aylia, waving her over.


Aylia

I come and sit next to Vi, cheerfully.


Vislea

"Just get us whatever you recommend the most." I say to the chef.


Dungeon Master

"S-sure thing!" The chef replied, returning to the cooking pot and getting to work. You could watch as chunks of meat were tossed in alongside various vegetables and rice, all carefully chopped and rationed out.


Phai Mouse

Phai's eyes are pulled by the movement of the towel again, and quickly look back up to the gnomes eyes before he can blush too visibly.  "I'm a traveling performer, myself.  I enjoy making others happy and  improving their day, and I've made it my business to go about doing it in the way I know best."


Dungeon Master

"Mmmm...sounds neat! Bet you've seen all sorts of cool stuff!" Elwyn seemed to be getting more excited as she apparently imagined the sorts of things you'd encountered on your travels.


Vislea

I lick my lips slightly as I watch him cook, eager to eat.


Aylia

"Mmmm that looks so...." I say, drool coming out of my mouth. "...yummy!"


Dungeon Master

Jasper, it takes an unusually long time, but eventually a patron comes in, giving you a chance to fly.


Jasper

Shooting out, I scan the streets for the sign for... what was it again? Some sort of Engrid's Imporium or something of that nature... admittedly I'd been hovering by the door for quite a while.


Dungeon Master

    It takes a bit, but eventually Abraham serves up a set of meals. One a pair of wooden plates is a fluffy bed of white rice, topped with a layer of green vegetables and cut up steak pieces, all with a sauce of sorts layered over it. A single utensil sits at the edge of each.


"Hope its up to your standards, ladies," He says, setting the plates down.

Phai Mouse

"Oh, it's been nice, being able to see the towns and cities of the land, and trying to give back what I can to the people."  Phai recollects some of the performances he's had and the people he's encountered.  "It's a great way to learn new songs and make new friends.  I've even made a traveling companion over the course of my trip so far."

Dungeon Master


"Tell me more! Who is this traveling companion?" The gnome asks, enthralled by your tales for the moment.


Aylia

"Thank you, Mr.Chef guy!" I say, forgetting Abraham's name.


Dungeon Master

Jasper, it doesn't take long for you to spot the store, just a few buildings over with a brightly colorful sign to identify it.

Abraham cracks an awkward smile, "I..it's Abraham, miss"


Aylia

"Oh oops! Sorry!" I giggled. "My memory isn't so great sometimes!"


Jasper

Getting to the store, I hover in front of the door, briefly considering how to enter before simply casting Ghost Sound, making a noise similar to a loud insistent knocking sound.


Phai Mouse

"Ah, my traveling companion is this lovely elf lady, Aylia."  Thinking how to phrase things tactfully, Phai says "She's. . . not knowledgeable or used to customs or foods or, well, much about most places we've traveled, but I've been having a great time helping her to learn these things and learning some new things myself."


Dungeon Master

Jasper, eventually, a frustrated older woman opens the door. She recoils in confusion, but soon sees the letter you're carrying. Wordlessly, she holds out her hand.

Aylia, he smiles and nods politely.

"Hmmm...she sounds like she's a lot of fun at least," The gnome replies with a sagely nod, almost at odds with her excited speech.


Jasper

Carefully, I set the letter in her hand, quickly flying back away from the door. "Here, this is from the receptionist at Serene Sands--I was asked to bring it," I explained, not entirely certain if she was expecting it or not.


Dungeon Master

"Good, good, I'll get the order sorted out," She said, paying more attention to the letter than you. Without another word, she stepped back and shut the door on you.


Phai Mouse

"Getting to know people is one of many joys in life, and she's been no exception.  She's certainly excitable and cheery and always in good spirits, the kind of person it's nice to be around while traveling."


Jasper

The force of the door closing is enough to create a buffet of air, knocking me back into the street where I quickly recovered and flew back to the inn, just hoping that I was paid well. "Rude old crone..."


Dungeon Master

Jasper, patrons are now flooding in, returning to their rooms as the market closes for the day. Its far easier to get in, but getting the recepitionist's attention will be hard with all the people.

Phai, similarly, as people return from the market, more people begin to crowd into the bathes. "Oh no! It's already night! I have to get back to my cart, I need to check my wares, I need to feed my plants," The gnome girl frantically began listing off her nightly chores, hopping to a standing position as she held the towel around herself.


Jasper

Still, it was kind of pointless to try and do much of anything without getting paid, so I simply fly to sit on the receptionist's desk and wait for a lull in the crowd, only occasionally looking up to catch her attention.


Dungeon Master

Eventually, you catch her eye. Between talking to a customer, giving keys, and scribbling in her records book, she manages to shove a gold coin into your hands and give you a grateful smile.


Phai Mouse

"Ah, understandable, I should be meeting up with my group again soon anyhow.  It's been good to meet you, miss Elwyn."  Standing up to leave, the bard adds "Also, my name is Phai, by the way.  On stage though I tend to go by Phai Mouse.  Maybe you'll be able to see me perform, sometime."


Jasper

Not the worst way to earn a tiny bit of money... especially if I could beg a crumb or two from Aylia and Vi. Giving the receptionist a parting wave, I fly over to try and use the crowd to my advantage to check in with those two in the tavern.


Dungeon Master

"I'd enjoy that greatly!" She replies, giving you a quick wave before she scampers off, disappearing into the crowd while muttering about her work.

Jasper, you don't have too much trouble finding your friends from this angle. They've both got prime seats up at the center of the strange "tavern".


Jasper

I carefully descend, landing on one of the two heads of hair, looking to see whose head I had claimed as a seat. "Huh... what smells so good?"


Phai Mouse

Phai will towel off and get dressed, and also set out to find his friends at the tavern if he's able to.


Dungeon Master

Phai, you are able to



Aylia

My mouth is just full of food, as I chew happily. "Ohf thif if the foo the nif fef guyf  gafe uf af difou for" I try to say, my words all muffled.


Tales of Size and Sorcery Chapter 2
www.deviantart.com/fairyduni/a…  <<< Chapter 1

The adventure continues as Aylia and Vi hang out at the tavern while Phai goes to a bathing house to find this really cute
gnome lady! I wonder if she'll be important or not owo

Cast of Characters:
:iconheadlessdutchhorse: as Jasper

Willow as Vislea

:iconsomeguyaround: as Phai Mouse

:iconfairyduni: as Aylia

Mach as The Dungeon Master
Loading...
Due to there being no other side stories for Size and Sorcery yet, I'm gonna be uploading Chapters 2 and 3 this weekend ~ Hope you guys look forward to it <3
Sapphyr caught a duni fairy for nom noms!
Commission for :iconkreeyz:

It seems like Sapphyr (Kreeyz's character , not mine which is Sapphire lol) has managed to catch me while I was flying around and seems hungry > ^ < ;
Loading...

This is an odd thing to bring up, but what languages do you guys speak? 

77%
89 deviants said English
6%
7 deviants said Spanish
6%
7 deviants said Other (comment below )
3%
4 deviants said French
3%
3 deviants said Japanese
3%
3 deviants said Italian
2%
2 deviants said German
1%
1 deviant said Chinese
0%
No deviants said Greek
0%
No deviants said Russian

Visitors

:icont-on-da:
T-on-DA
Sep 23, 2018
5:32 am
:iconpeter-krinklebein:
Peter-Krinklebein
Sep 23, 2018
5:29 am
:iconsomeguyaround:
SomeGuyAround
Sep 23, 2018
4:13 am
:iconjetgemini:
JetGemini
Sep 23, 2018
12:10 am
:iconkysar:
kysar
Sep 22, 2018
11:11 pm

Comments


Add a Comment:
 
:iconbroku5000:
broku5000 Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Artist
I asked god for a car, but I know it doesn't work like that. so I stole a car and begged for his forgiveness

Did I give the car back? hell no!
Reply
:iconfairyduni:
FairyDuni Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Wait what? XD
Reply
:iconmad4pokemon99:
mad4pokemon99 Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2018
Um,hello there.
Reply
:iconfairyduni:
FairyDuni Featured By Owner Sep 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Heya ~
Reply
:iconmad4pokemon99:
mad4pokemon99 Featured By Owner Sep 15, 2018
I saw your art and you draw rather well.
Reply
:iconfairyduni:
FairyDuni Featured By Owner Sep 15, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Aww thanks ~
Reply
(1 Reply)
:icontokusa1971:
TokUSA1971 Featured By Owner Sep 5, 2018  Hobbyist
Yee! A fairy Duni! ^w^
Reply
:iconlonely-ufo:
Lonely-UFO Featured By Owner Aug 25, 2018   Digital Artist
you motha scunt <3
Reply
:iconanimefan-279:
Animefan-279 Featured By Owner Aug 16, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
You might find this interesting. www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aF2Gx…
Reply
:icontheswking:
TheSWKing Featured By Owner Aug 15, 2018
Filos told me that you are Filos, is this true?
Reply
Add a Comment: