I love the blue scales around the mouth! Really sells the venomous look! My only problem is the colour of the feathers but I'm not sure when the orange was discovered
Wouldn't most carnivorous dinosaurs have the meat stuck in the mouth especially around the serrations on the teeth. So basically almost every carnivorous dinosaur had a septic bite correct me if I'm wrong.
As Sinornithosaurus ate, pieces of meat would have gotten stuck in its mouth. As these pieces rotted, they would provide homes for colonies of bacteria. If a Sinornithosaurus bit a Jeholosaurus and bacteria got into the wound, it would die of blood poisoning. If Sinornithosaurus was venomous, it would only have enhanced its killing capability.
I'm not sure if people have actually agreed that this animal was venomous. The supposed "venom channels" that its teeth possess are simple and are found in many other animals such as mandrills, who use these channels to bite into fruit and take their teeth out with no suction. The fact that these grooves are also present in most, if not all, theropods tells us that the resemblance of this dinosaur's teeth to the boomslang snake (which is poisonous and has rear-facing fangs) are only superficial and not a sign that it was venomous. Still, this is a great drawing. Instant fave.
Possibly, but it could have also been the house for another kind of organ.Yes, it may have been venomous. No, it's not proven and I don't think so many people should treat it like it is. Not that the theory is implausible in my mind, it's just a bit risky to jump to conclusions.
Which organ is unsure. Some of the hypotheses that the animal was venomous are flawed anyway. The proposal that the teeth of Sinornithosaurus were abnormally long has been disproved, as they had actually come out of their sockets, a common feature of crushed and flattened fossils. It is also impossible to verify the supposed presence of venom glands, and people attempting to find them found only the normal sinus chambers of the skull. You see, the bad condition of the skull, along with a lack of evidence for venom glands, lowers the possibility that the animal was venomous.