No more white ribbon and white backgrounds, windows explorer style like in win7 (with the useful bottom details bar), cleaner interface with a lot of fixed stuff.
A great thanks to vistastylebuilder.com, virtualcustoms.net and msfn.org guys for their support/tools!
Ezio Lacandia Bijelkic
22 July 2014
- ONE updated to v1.1.0 20.07.2014 (Improved injection mechanisms).
14 May 2014
- no changes and no update to download, just an IMPORTANT info:
On some configs, the theme switches to default after shutting down Windows. It's due to the fast startup option, just disable it (see "TO-DO (disable) if the theme switches to default at boot.jpg" in this package).
01 May 2014
- fix: no white borders in the tiles context menu (to update, just copy the new .msstyles, other files are unchanged)
29 Apr 2014:
- NO changes but an IMPORTANT info: in "ONE" please don't use "Enable glass on navigation bar", to avoid glitches in the "This PC" window.
12 Apr 2014:
- Win8.1 Update 1 compatibility fix, with the new tiles context menu (right click on a tile in the Start to show it).
The theme will not support Windows 8 and 8.1 anymore, Update 1 is mandatory according to Microsoft (otherwise you will not receive Windows Update patches).
- latest version of ONE
- if you use stylish in your browser, check these new dark styles for web pages:
- fixed some edit boxes that became light blue with invisible white fonts (e.g. in firefox) - NOTE: just update your .msstyles, other files are unchanged.
- updated "ONE", now it works much better. No changes for the theme.
*only .msstyles are updated* *load Aero theme, update modded theme files, reboot, select the modded theme*
- added a persistent-scrollbars version of the theme
- fixed some glitches on scrollbars highlighting blue
- fixed a little glitch for buttons in the Organize bar (there was a vertical gray line for the mouseover blue effect) - to update, just overwrite the .msstyles
- now visible text in some white popups in Chrome and other apps;
- added a no bottom details panel version of the theme (good for low-resolution systems)
- some white lines are now blue e.g. the box in the Personalization window
- dark gray background (it was white) for the hard disk free space bar
- blue copy progress bar (it was green)
- got rid of the white box in the copy window
- after running Windows Update, load the standard AERO theme before restarting the system to avoid black screen at boot. After the boot, you can chose Gray2014 or other modded themes.
INSTALLATION TIPS - READ CAREFULLY!!!
NB: Windows sometimes marks downloaded zip files from Internet as unsafe and this can cause issues.
So, don't forget to unblock the zip before extracting it: right click, then go to "Properties" and select "Unblock" in the bottom box.
After running Windows Update (specially if there are Internet Explorer protection patches - they usually change uxtheme files), please load the standard "Windows" theme (aero.theme) before restarting the system to avoid black screen at boot. After the boot, you can chose Abisso2014 or other modded themes.
****IMPORTANT INFO 2****
On some configs, the theme switch to default after shutting down Windows. It's due to the fast startup option, just disable it (see "TO-DO (disable) if the theme switch to default at boot.jpg" in this package).
1) You need to patch uxtheme services, use the one in the "uxtheme" folder of this package.
Avoid other system files patching tools (the boot of Windows can be broken when updating the system with Windows update).
2) After patching uxtheme, install and set OldNewExplorer as described in the "OnE" folder of this package.
(please don't use "Enable glass on navigation bar", to avoid glitches in the "This PC" window).
3) Then place theme files in "CWindows|Resources|Themes", you should have this structure:
4) On the desktop, right mouse click --> Personalize, and choose "Abisso2014" under "Installed themes".
5) In the pack there's a registry fix to avoid white elements instead of dark ones after blocking the user, or sending a sleep/hybernate command to the system. Just apply it.
6) Install and set the included transparency tool as described in the "transparency" folder of this package.
PLEASE NOTE: some antivirus could find a malware in that folder, it's a false positive (due to the set-at-boot.reg behaviour).
There are some barely visibile fonts in few programs but it usually depends from the program itself (if it applies visual style colors for some parts, and hardcoded colors for other parts).
To set transparency in windows and popup frames use the tool included in this pack.
With Firefox, let web pages load their own colors (you can change behavior in FF settings). With Chrome all is good at default.
If you want to change the white background of some web pages like youtube, facebook, google, install STYLISH in your browser and check these css:
For WMP background: winaero.com/comment.php?commen…
Or, better, apply wmploc.dll from this pack: gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/…
I followed the steps, I read each one of the notes that they left in the package and it was perfect. Per hour I have no problems.
But I have a query, if my screen goes black (after running windows update and rebooting), what do I do?
Greetings from Argentina paa