Finally finished coloring this piece. Took about a week and a half. The original pencil drawing is here, it is 2B/4B on vellum bristol. [link]
I probably didn't follow any conventional steps in the coloring process which was done with a Wacom tablet in Photoshop. I did most colors and things like the robe, staff, hands ect. on a separate layer with it set to multiply then a final layer set to normal to touch up some details.
It was fun, but a bit of a chore. I am still learning digital painting and this one I am happy with the results though the flaws in the drawing are still there the color I believe added to the composition.
I added a montage of some of the details.