Just over a year ago, myself and Agahnim reached a major milestone in our long-term goal of evolution education and outreach, which served the basis for starting our DA group Domain-of-Darwin over 11 years ago. We published our first book! Published by Inkwater Press and titled God’s Word or Human Reason?, the book has been available on Amazon since January of last year.
I am now offering direct purchases of signed, inscribed hardcovers that are personalized with a drawing of a bird or dinosaur of your choice. They are $40 (U.S. and Canada) or $50 (everywhere else), shipping included. Thanks to my excellent web developer friend, you can do this easily through this form on my website, with PayPal or a credit card:
We wrote the book with the original intention of educating creationists and fence-sitters with nuance, reason and kindness, but we guarantee that just about anyone who accepts evolution has something to learn from it too. For those of you who don’t already know about the book, here’s the Amazon description and inside flap teaser:
God gave humans the ability to reason, but the Bible commands that we have faith in Him. According to Answers in Genesis, the largest and most influential creationist organization in the United States, the conclusions of human reason must be rejected if they contradict our understanding of the Bible. What are the implications of this worldview, and is it the best one for a Christian to live by?
The book is the result of almost a decade of effort by its unusual collection of authors, each of whom has written a chapter (or two) in their area of expertise or interest.
- Jonathan Kane, the originator of the book’s concept and purpose, has written the opening chapter on the nature and purpose of science as well as the centerpiece chapter on bird and dinosaur evolution;
- Emily Willoughby has written the chapter on radiometric dating and contributed the book’s centerpiece illustrations of feathered dinosaurs (all of which were produced specially for the book and which include 3 exclusive paintings not posted on any of my online galleries);
- T. Michael Keesey has written a chapter extensively detailing the emergence of the human primate from our diverse panoply of primate ancestors;
- Glenn Morton, a professional geologist, has written a chapter on the pitfalls of “Flood geology” and what the fossil record tells us;
- and James Comer, who has written the concluding chapter on how it’s possible to intrepret the Bible in a way that’s consistent with an acceptance of evolutionary theory.
We're delighted that the book has been well-received so far, and has recently been reviewed by the excellent Darren Naish of Tetrapod Zoology, and mentioned by evolutionary biologist Jerry Coyne. If you were ever a creationist or know someone who is, are interested in learning about creationist arguments and their strongest rebuttals in much more detail than any other book on the market, or would simply like the opportunity to support us and our creative endeavors (and get a commissioned sketch from me!), now's your chance to snag an exclusive copy.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for supporting me and my artwork over the years!