Hey look, it's my OC Chibi Sugoi. This time with his friends. Who are they? Well...
[From left to right] Amadeus Fuku, Chibi Sugoi, Wasaki Hikikomori, and Nicky Tanuki.
I'm finally glad to show more of my OC's to you guys. Currently, I am making reference sheets for Chibi's friends too, and I will be uploading them to deviant art.
This was drawn on paper but was colored digitally. Using inkscape.
Any help with inkscape greatly appreciated. I would like to learn how to do these things on inkscape.
- selecting a space to draw on without it bleeding anywhere you don't want it to be. (Ex. youtu.be/rHDlAtz-3Zg?t=5m27s
- Anything you want to tell me about digital drawing in general that is good information for beginner digital artists
- My main five OC's (At least for the world of my future video game Chibi in Miracleland), Chibi Sugoi, Wasaki Hikikomori, Amadeus Fuku, Nicky Tanuki, and Sunny Tenshi, have last names named after Japanese words.
+ Chibi's last name Sugoi, is Japanese for Amazing
+ Wasaki's last name Hikikomori, is a Japanese phrase for when a person (mostly adolescents) isolated them selves from the outside world. This is part of his character.
+ Amadeus' last name is Fuku. That is a reference to "Sailor Fuku". The official female school uniform in Japan. Since Amadeus is a guy who loves to study as much as he can, this was a fitting last name.
+ Nicky's last name is Tanuki, which is a name far a Japanese Raccoon Dog. Considering she's a furry, I had to name her that.
+ And lastly, there's the love interest to end all love interest, Sunny Tenshi. Her last name, Tenshi, is Japanese for angel. In my future video game I am currently working on she is considered to be the "Guardian Angel Princess".
- I chose to color this on a digital software rather than on paper because I didn't have a proper color scheme for the other characters. I got a taste of how digital art is like, and learned drawing on the computer is kind of difficult. You're not directly seeing what you're drawing but it's fun because you get more options and with layers. It's SO much easier to draw the outline and just draw over it with another layer rather than just erasing the guidelines and accidentally erasing part of my character's face.
- And yes, I do know Amadeus looks oddly familiar to Jeff from Earthbound/Mother 2