Update 10/30: So far I've received 8 lovely entries for my contest. Today is the last day to submit an entry so if you have one in the works please finish it before midnight tonight. I will be judging it and announcing the winners either on Halloween or Nov 1st. I'm really excited!! <3
Aurora Belli is my own original character based from the Haunting Ground/Demento game universe. Anyone who plays horror video games or video games in general knows that the game often has extra unlockables as incentive to play the game more than once. One unlockable is often a different costume for the playable main character. Haunting Ground was no exception however only Fiona(the main character) had different designs while the enemies had an extra "recolor" of their original outfits.
For this prompt, we are going to pretend Aurora Belli is appearing in a spinoff/sequel to Haunting Ground. Your job is to design an unlockable extra costume for her!
References for Aurora:
<- Bio included
<-The pink haired woman is Aurora
Real Life Model for Aurora: Sharon Tate-Rules for submitting-
1) The design must be original, new, and designed + drawn by you! I will not be accepting entries of outfits from existing/iconic characters from famous media. (Example: A design of Aurora dressed up as the character Super Mario)
2) All designs must be drawn and fully colored. I will accept digital, traditional, or a mixture of the two. I will not accept any other media to keep judging fair.
3) The design must include an outfit and a weapon. Front and back views are required! Side views are optional.
*Feel free to do additional close-up shots or close ups of small designs/details
4) In the artists comments you must include:
-A name for the costume (example: "Crazy Maid" outfit)
-A brief description of the weapon and how it is used in-game and any special details (example: damage output, actions, etc.) and any special details about the costume's parts(example: the arm bands glow).
5) Changing Aurora's eye color, haircolor, and/or hairstyle for the design is permitted HOWEVER people should still be able to recognize its Aurora and the changes have to correspond to the nature of the design. The change must also be explained in the artist comments. If I can't tell its still Aurora dressed in a different costume your design will not be picked.
6) For submitting your design, upload it to your DA and send me the link in a note! Title the note: "Aurora Contest Sub"
7)All designs must be submitted by October 30th 2012. There will be no extensions unless there are absolutely zero entries/special circumstances. I will update this blog when new entries are submitted.
8) Stolen work and traced images will be disqualified from the contest. -Judging-
The judging will be done by yours truly and I will judge the design based upon originality, creativity, appeal, and overall effort.
This will not be based purely on your drawing ability, however it will probably help if you can convey the design properly and clearly.
A first and second place winner will be chosen and announced on October 31st. One runner up will get a special mention.
*I will also redraw the winning designs and make a faux game menu screen as if it were an actual game-Prizes-
1st place winner:
*12 month paid subscription*
*1 free fully rendered and colored drawing of any character of your choice (this means any original characters you may have or a character from various media)*
*3 month paid subscription*
*1 free sketch or pixel icon of any character of your choice*
*1 month paid subscription*If you have any questions/suggestions about the contest please either comment below or note me!! Happy submitting and good luck!!!!