I love finding and exploring all things forgotten, abandoned, or aged. In these photos, you'll find buildings and things in or around them that most people don't consider the beauty of. A few of the images are less of beauty and more of rare curiosity.
Often, I'll go back to these places and find that some of the things I photographed have been destroyed. These images will be all that's left.
Some of the places I've explored and photographed are:
- McClellan Air Force Base, before and during its becoming "McClellan Park".
- Preston Boy's College in Ione.
- The Union Pacific rail service yard, near downtown Sacramento.
- The incinerator building on North B Street, near downtown Sacramento.
- A public health hospital in San Francisco, just south of the Presidio, which hadn't been occupied since about 1995. It's currently being renovated and made into an apartment complex.
- Random houses left to the elements, scattered around the Sacramento valley.
- The PG&E power station near I5 and Richards, Sacramento.
- Items left behind in abandoned houses, ranches, building demos, etc.
Travis Approach 6 erikschorr 0 0 Travis Approach 5 erikschorr 1 0