Here is a list of a few usefull groups for new emoticonists, the following groups have a selection of tutorials and other resources avaliable to everyone who is interested in creating emotes and learning some new tips and tricks.
We Also have a chatroom for those of you who are looking for some tips and advice from other emoticonists who are starting out and some more experianced emoticonsists too! Just click here to join us!
- Emotication is a resource, tutorial and information group for all things emote and smiley related. They offer a range of support for both new and experienced emoticonists - including a collection of over 200 tutorials, a range of base packs, a list of current emoticon contests and a record of all emote projects.
- Emoticiety is a group based around getting exposure for your emoticon creations, with over 1,200 watchers you will be sure to find some awesome art for anyone passionate about emoticons, They also hold contests in which your emoticons take the center stage to win some awesome prizes!
- EmoticonOpus is a specially created competition group centerd around emoticons, each competition is held by a different emoticonist and with a different theme each time! so if you like awesome prizes and competitions, EmoticonOpus is the group for you.
- WeEmote is the group attached to our emoticonist chatroom WeEmote, The group runs a number of events including an emoticonist birthday list, dAmnit quote record and a variety of chat related pages, so if your looking to talk to other people about emotes and get some usefull hints and tips or even play some fun chat games, WeEmote is the place for you.
- Pack-it-in is a group based around emoticon pack of all forms, from base packs to messenger packs created by the emoticon community, so if your finding you need a little help or a reference for your shading technique or you cant seem to get the emoticon base right for that epic animation you have been working on, Pack-it-in has some wonderfull base pack resources for you to use.
- SuggestAnEmote is a group dedicated to giving ideas to emoticonists who are lost for ideas or inspiration. You can either send in suggestions to SuggestAnEmote to help others, or use the ideas already there.